Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Freeney has a lot of respect from me. Id love to have him here to rotate and have tuck pushed to the inside on some plays.

Jpp-linval-tuck-freeney
With kiwi as a roaming blitzer Very Happy

See ya osi

I'd also love to have Freeney here, but he would have to take a lot less money than he could get elsewhere. He'd definitely be a replacement, and most likely improvement over Osi though.

^Stone85 on the sig^
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone heard anything about what the giants plan on doing with their own FAs. Its getting really close to march 12th and im starting to get nervous that were going to need a new TE for the third year in a row lol. Also nothing has been done about beatty.

Last edited by mattbags2313 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw im not new i usually read everything on this forum, but I literally created my account and lost my password. It kind of just became an after thought, but I recently stumbled upon it while cleaning out my desk.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Carradine to the Giants in the first. Most complete DE in the class. Looks like he'll be ready for the start of next season. Leading the movement
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
has anyone heard anything about what the giants plan on doing with their own FAs. Its getting really close to march 12th and im starting to get nervous that were going to need a new TE for the third year in a row lol. Also nothing has been done about beatty.

I think the giants will let them try free agency. Build through the draft and save miney for their stars

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Tank Carradine to the Giants in the first. Most complete DE in the class. Looks like he'll be ready for the start of next season. Leading the movement

Weren't you the same person harping on my mock bc I had you select Datone Jones in the first? IIRC you said DT and LB were priorities and there's no need for the giants to go DE in the first lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:

Cant take tank in the first ... 2nd maybe

#WeTheNorth
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

Tank probably won't be available by then. If he can have a successful workout for NFL teams before the draft, he may be back in the 1st round. Would be the most complete DE in the draft if he hadn't gotten injured.

Anyways, I think someone who just got themselves into the Giants consideration in the 1st round is Arthur Brown. I was a big fan of Brown in the 2nd, mostly because he seemed severely undersized in college. He showed up at 244 lbs. at the combine, which means he can play middle or weakside. We gotta see how he runs over the next few days, because he said himself that this is the biggest he has ever been. If he can keep the athleticism that he had shown in college, he is worth the 19th pick.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many things ive learned about the combine. The most it changes a persons draft stock is 15 percent.

There are very few that jump up... but many turn out to bust

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

Weren't you the same person harping on my mock bc I had you select Datone Jones in the first? IIRC you said DT and LB were priorities and there's no need for the giants to go DE in the first lol

No you're putting words in my mouth. I did say that DT and LB are bigger priorities, and they are. We don't draft by position here, but rather value. Don't see Datone Jones being worth the value at pick 19. The downside with Carradine was the fact that he suffered his ACL tear. But as of right now, it looks as if he'll be ready by the start of the season. Before his injury he was a projected top 10 pick and probably the best pure 4-3 pass rusher in college football. A better prospect than teammate Bjoern Werner IMO. When he first got injured people started saying second round, maybe early third, but he's already back doing his workouts at the combine and could easily be the best player available for the Giants at 19.

HakeemTheDream wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

Tank probably won't be available by then. If he can have a successful workout for NFL teams before the draft, he may be back in the 1st round. Would be the most complete DE in the draft if he hadn't gotten injured.

Anyways, I think someone who just got themselves into the Giants consideration in the 1st round is Arthur Brown. I was a big fan of Brown in the 2nd, mostly because he seemed severely undersized in college. He showed up at 244 lbs. at the combine, which means he can play middle or weakside. We gotta see how he runs over the next few days, because he said himself that this is the biggest he has ever been. If he can keep the athleticism that he had shown in college, he is worth the 19th pick.

I love Brown more than any other LBer in the draft, but honestly I see him as not only a reach, but he's a linebacker, making his odds being taken in the first slim. I can honestly see him falling out of the first round, because of his size and according to draft insider Tony Pauline, NFL teams are concerned about his shoulder injury that kept him out of the 2013 Senior Bowl. Giants would possibly have to jump in front of Pittsburgh, who's one spot ahead of us.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

We cant go DE at all in the first. We have ojomo and tracy waiting, and kiwi probably moving back there. Its disappointing that richardson is soaring into the top 12 because I'd love to see him in blue. I expect to see teo or ogleetree. We need LB before anything else. We only have 3 on the roster right now.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
I love Brown more than any other LBer in the draft, but honestly I see him as not only a reach, but he's a linebacker, making his odds being taken in the first slim. I can honestly see him falling out of the first round, because of his size and according to draft insider Tony Pauline, NFL teams are concerned about his shoulder injury that kept him out of the 2013 Senior Bowl. Giants would possibly have to jump in front of Pittsburgh, who's one spot ahead of us.

The Giants have only Kiwi, Herzlich, Williams, and Paysinger on the roster at LB. Big changes are going to happen in that position for this team. There are some really good LBs in this draft that deserve to go in the 1st. Brown is one of them. He didn't show up undersized and he plays bigger than he really is, so I don't think size is an issue anymore. I'm not worried about the shoulder injury either. He hasn't missed a meaningful game in the past two seasons. If the shoulder was really a concern, he would have been held out of action. I saw Pauline report it, but I don't think it's a huge concern. Giants are moving up in this draft either. Talent is too similar in picks 10-32 to give away valuable picks.
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough Jersey lol. Just seemed as if you were totally against going DE in the first and thought you disagreed with my thought process behind the pick when I said Giants stockpile DE's before letting current DE's on roster hit FA. Then you mentioned a few other current young DE's on your roster who could play in a heartbeat so going DT would be smarter. Which is why I was confused when I read your post on Carridine. But if your reasoning going Carridine over Jones is bc of pure pass rush ability I can understand that. Kind of contradicts what you said previously about not going DE in the first, but IMO I think that's too high for Carridine anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
Fair enough Jersey lol. Just seemed as if you were totally against going DE in the first and thought you disagreed with my thought process behind the pick when I said Giants stockpile DE's before letting current DE's on roster hit FA. Then you mentioned a few other current young DE's on your roster who could play in a heartbeat so going DT would be smarter. Which is why I was confused when I read your post on Carridine. But if your reasoning going Carridine over Jones is bc of pure pass rush ability I can understand that. Kind of contradicts what you said previously about not going DE in the first, but IMO I think that's too high for Carridine anyway.

Nah I'm fine going DE first, it all just depends on the candidate. If Richardson, Floyd, or Lotuelelei are available here, I say we take one of them in a heartbeat. But nevertheless, I think Tank is a special talent who can be a disruptive force for the future here. Yes, he tore his ACL, but he is expected to be back 100% in April and if he looks sharp at his workout and doesn't look like he lost a step, then I think he'll have an unpassable talent/upside for Reese here. Don't be surprised to see him go top 20 at the draft just because you don't see it in mocks yet. I definitely see it more probable than Bruce Irvin going pick 15 in last years draft. And tbh, I'm worried about the Cowboys taking him at 18 before us, if there's no more DT/OTs available that they want to draft. I don't always agree on many scout's opinions/analysis/predictions/etc... but I saw a couple scouts discussing about Carradine sliding up to the first round and it really rang a bell for someone who fell off the radar for a bit. Honestly, I could see him going as early to 13, if Tampa Bay doesn't have a corner they'd like to draft.

EDIT: And just came across this. I think this is the 3rd scout to talk about giving him a high grade.
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Tank Carradine says he expects to be healthy before April. Hello, Top 10 picks.
I'm telling you, the guys going to be healthy and has special explosive pass-rushing talent. Would want him over Werner, Ansah, Mingo, and Jordan.

And also, remember how shocked everyone was when after Bruce Irvin was taken at pick 15? Well, apparently at least seven teams had him at a top 15 grade. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/at-least-seve-teams-had-bruce-irvin-in-top-15/
Point is, you can't just base someones draft stock based upon the collective agreement of some random mocks from fans. It has no indication of what NFL teams are looking for and how they're viewing prospects.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

The Giants have only Kiwi, Herzlich, Williams, and Paysinger on the roster at LB. Big changes are going to happen in that position for this team. There are some really good LBs in this draft that deserve to go in the 1st. Brown is one of them. He didn't show up undersized and he plays bigger than he really is, so I don't think size is an issue anymore. I'm not worried about the shoulder injury either. He hasn't missed a meaningful game in the past two seasons. If the shoulder was really a concern, he would have been held out of action. I saw Pauline report it, but I don't think it's a huge concern. Giants are moving up in this draft either. Talent is too similar in picks 10-32 to give away valuable picks.

Not a doubt in my mind that the position will be addressed and upgraded--it has to be. I expect something like 2 players to be drafted and a F/A brought in for competition. I view Brown as a first round talent, but as of right now he's a borderline first, 2nd round pick. But I also think there are about 50 players in this draft that have "first round talent". It's a plateau of talent. You're going to see a lot of prospects jumping up boards due to the combine and workouts and such. Brown doesn't have any reason to move up, and while his talent and production is first round, he really doesn't have ideal linebacker size, which I don't think it will affect him, but it certainly could hurt his draft stock a little. And then this injury thing could affect it a bit. But in the end, I see the chances of him being available with our 2nd round pick is close to 50/50. No doubt in my mind we take him if he's available. And also I wasn't talking about moving up in the first, if anything I'd want to move down. I meant the Steelers could definitely take him the pick before we do if he was available in the second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: