Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baas and Snee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Baas and Snee Reply with quote

Both having surgeries done... Beatty and Boothe FA and Diehl, well... Just sucks. I wasnt on the first round OL bandwagon but it seems like a need we may have to reach for... We really have no one left
I guess that's why Diehl hasn't been cut yet. I'm praying Barrett Jones falls to us in the second
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lines are just bad Laughing

Both will be fine coming off of surgeries.

But Im looking at 2nd and 4th/5th round O-Line drafts, hopefully we draft studs and turn this team around.

Im not stoked about the future though. We have no depth at many positions and unless we have A+ drafts for the next few years we as a team could decline quickly ...

Not a Knicks fan
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Baas and Snee Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Both having surgeries done... Beatty and Boothe FA and Diehl, well... Just sucks. I wasnt on the first round OL bandwagon but it seems like a need we may have to reach for... We really have no one left
I guess that's why Diehl hasn't been cut yet. I'm praying Barrett Jones falls to us in the second

ATM I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett jones is there in the 3rd.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's enough O-line talent in this draft for us to wait. I really want the BPA in the first.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes our depth is very bad. It's time to trim the fat and get rid of all the over paid guys. A lot of people consider the Giants and Reese to be good drafters. I do not see it tbh. Not counting last year look at are last 4 drafts.

1-Prince-good
2-Austin-jury's still out
3-JJ-bad
4-Brewer-jury's still out
6-Greg Jones-gone
6-Sash-backup at best, special teamer
6-Williams-I think he will be good
7-Scott-gone

1-JPP-great
2-Joseph-good
3-Chad Jones-gone,hurt
4-Dillard-gone
5-Petrus-gone-think we should have kept him.
6-Tracy-backup, ok
7-Dodge-gone

1-Nicks-great
2-Sintim-gone
2-Beatty-good
3-Barden-backup
3-Beckhum-backup at best
4-Brown-just now got good
5-Bomar-gone
6-Wright-gone
7-Woodson-gone

1-Phillips-good,hurt
2-TT-good,hurt
3-Manningham-gone-good
4-Kehi-gone
5-Goff-gone
6-A.Woodson-gone
6-Henderson-gone

These drafts just don't look very good to me and are the reason why our depth sucks and we had to go out and get high price free agents.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
Yes our depth is very bad. It's time to trim the fat and get rid of all the over paid guys. A lot of people consider the Giants and Reese to be good drafters. I do not see it tbh. Not counting last year look at are last 4 drafts.

1-Prince-good
3-JJ-bad
6-Greg Jones-gone
7-Scott-gone

1-JPP-great
2-Joseph-good
3-Chad Jones-gone,hurt
4-Dillard-gone
6-Tracy-backup, ok
7-Dodge-gone

1-Nicks-great
2-Sintim-gone
2-Beatty-good
3-Barden-backup
3-Beckhum-backup at best
4-Brown-just now got good
5-Bomar-gone
6-Wright-gone
7-Woodson-gone

1-Phillips-good,hurt
2-TT-good,hurt
3-Manningham-gone-good
4-Kehi-gone
5-Goff-gone
6-A.Woodson-gone
6-Henderson-gone

These drafts just don't look very good to me and are the reason why our depth sucks and we had to go out and get high price free agents.

Thats 7-10 starters next year which is good numbers. Plus if you look at evrry draft reese has accomplished, it is majority of our starters. Not too bad for a team a year removed from a superbowl

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Ogletree falls to us Reese will grab him. His athleticism is off the charts. Second and third I think Jones or Warford and Quessenberry...
I would love if Richardson or Floyd was available for us in the first.
I think we need to cut Diehl and give Brewer a shot. Beatty now has to be resigned...

I hope we get Ray Ray and Tharold Simon too.

Reese always puts together quality lines but its looking less promising every year.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I think if Ogletree falls to us Reese will grab him. His athleticism is off the charts. Second and third I think Jones or Warford and Quessenberry...
I think we need to cut Diehl and give Brewer a shot. Beatty now has to be resigned...

Reese always puts together quality lines but its looking less promising every year.

Can't see us taking Ogletree in the first with his behavioral/tackling issues. Don't want that kind of guy in the lockerroom and Giants haven't taken a LBer in the first in 30 years
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Can't see us taking Ogletree in the first with his behavioral/tackling issues. Don't want that kind of guy in the lockerroom and Giants haven't taken a LBer in the first in 30 years

Reese expressed a need in better LB play and is incredibly talented. I think Coughlin could get him in line.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Reese expressed a need in better LB play and is incredibly talented. I think Coughlin could get him in line.

Possible, but I don't see much of a difference in 1st/2nd round LBers. I personally think Brown and Greene could end up being the two best LBers in this class, and both could be on the board with our second pick. DT/DE looking to be addressed often and early as well.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Possible, but I don't see much of a difference in 1st/2nd round LBers. I personally think Brown and Greene could end up being the two best LBers in this class, and both could be on the board with our second pick. DT/DE looking to be addressed often and early as well.

A lot of people have said Brown is undersized compared to Minter. He is 5 lbs lighter and has about .4" longer reach than Minter. Not to mention he is much faster... I think he can be a stud ILB. I think we need an ILB more than OLB(Ogletree probably would play WILL).

I found this on twitter. Link to all the LB measurements.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-draft/2013/2/23/4022700/2013-nfl-combine-linebacker-height-weight-measurements
I've heard great thinks about Kiko but haven't looked into him personally. Everything I've heard is he is a first round stud with a lot of off field issues. Anyone wanna chime in?
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:

1-Prince-great (played very well last year with no passrush)
3-JJ-jury's still out (can't see why the jury's still not out on JJ but is on Austin. I think they both deserve a little more time)
6-Greg Jones-gone
7-Scott-okay(he isn't gone, good backup)

1-JPP-great
2-Joseph-great (big run-stuffer, 4 sacks last year and gets roatated out in passing downs)
3-Chad Jones-gone,hurt
4-Dillard-gone
6-Tracy-backup, ok
7-Dodge-gone

1-Nicks-great
2-Sintim-gone
2-Beatty-very good (he was very good last year and should be able to keep it going)
3-Barden-backup
3-Beckhum-backup at best
4-Brown-good(just now got healthy, but was always this talented)
5-Bomar-gone
6-Wright-gone
7-Woodson-gone

1-Phillips-great,hurt(difference maker when healthy)
2-TT-great,hurt(was one of the top corners who could do it all before the ACL tears)
3-Manningham-gone-good
4-Kehi-gone
5-Goff-gone
6-A.Woodson-gone
6-Henderson-gone

I bolded my changes. Those are very good drafts. Look around the league. We consistently got 2-3 very good players every draft. Most teams wish they had that track record.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the chargers part ways with Gaither, I'm not opposed to bringing him in on a one year Keith Rivers-Black Unicorn prove it deal. He could move to right tackle and keep Beatty at LT. If nothing else he could be competition in training camp. But he's still young... 26 I believe. I think Beatty must be brought back.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
So if the chargers part ways with Gaither, I'm not opposed to bringing him in on a one year Keith Rivers-Black Unicorn prove it deal. He could move to right tackle and keep Beatty at LT. If nothing else he could be competition in training camp. But he's still young... 26 I believe. I think Beatty must be brought back.

No thanks. He isn't dedicated to football and is ALWAYS injured. He plays hard when he is trying to get a lucrative contract, but after he gets it, he becomes content. We can't have those guys on this team. He is also a much better fit at LT because his run blocking is subpar.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Byrdman wrote:

1-Prince-great (played very well last year with no passrush)
3-JJ-jury's still out (can't see why the jury's still not out on JJ but is on Austin. I think they both deserve a little more time)
6-Greg Jones-gone
7-Scott-okay(he isn't gone, good backup)

1-JPP-great
2-Joseph-great (big run-stuffer, 4 sacks last year and gets roatated out in passing downs)
3-Chad Jones-gone,hurt
4-Dillard-gone
6-Tracy-backup, ok
7-Dodge-gone

1-Nicks-great
2-Sintim-gone
2-Beatty-very good (he was very good last year and should be able to keep it going)
3-Barden-backup
3-Beckhum-backup at best
4-Brown-good(just now got healthy, but was always this talented)
5-Bomar-gone
6-Wright-gone
7-Woodson-gone

1-Phillips-great,hurt(difference maker when healthy)
2-TT-great,hurt(was one of the top corners who could do it all before the ACL tears)
3-Manningham-gone-good
4-Kehi-gone
5-Goff-gone
6-A.Woodson-gone
6-Henderson-gone

I bolded my changes. Those are very good drafts. Look around the league. We consistently got 2-3 very good players every draft. Most teams wish they had that track record.

KP and TT were great before there injures. I don't think they will ever get back what they had. Joseph is very good I would not say great though. I didn't realize Scott was still even on the team. Wish we would use him how the Pats use woodhead. I might be the only one on this site who thinks we could upgrade Beatty. He's good but not great, I wish we could get him to play RT though. 2-3 very good players doesn't scream great draft to me. 4 to 5 players would be a great draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: