Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must this come to an end? Crying or Very sad ....

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT my vote is for you to keep this up. You're very witty with your retorts and it makes for a good read. Maybe cromagnum should be next.
Ace5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. We need more. Perhaps a look at an older member, what with so many new faces recently?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an interview with Manti Te'o's girlfriend is in order

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
Wow, you might be our oldest member.

I prefer savvy.

HT you're pretty funny for a hog.

Wow 50 years old. Didn't think we had a member over 40 to be honest.

Hey I am 49 this April. Became a Cowboys fan as a kid in the 70's. Didn't have the proliferation of viewing options that we do today. It seemed like Dallas was on every week. I liked the stars on the helmets. Didn't hurt that they were always competitive either. Staubach was an absolute god. You always felt like you had a chance to win with him. As others have said if you didn't have the chance to see him in action you really missed out on something. The man defined leader. Randy White was my hero. Always played hard and never "danced". Just did his job and got off the field. I think we need a little more of that type of focus today.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm having knee surgery on Wednesday, I'm going to be taking a week off. But, due to the demand for more, I'll keep this going for as long as you guys want it. I'll be sending out about 6 interview requests on Monday. Remember, if you don't get an interview request, it doesn't mean I don't think you are worthy of being interviewed. It just means that I've currently gotten a bunch of them ready to go. I like to post them kinda quickly after receiving them. I don't want to leave anyone out that wants to be included.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
cromagnum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
cromagnum wrote:
Well I became a Cowboys fan because of my father. He came into this country in the late 60's from Croatia(exYugoslavia) and had no idea what football even was but he loved Cowboy movies. He came to NY and i remember him telling me there were alot of Cowboys fans in NY and since he loved Cowboy movies he started to root for them. As a kid i rooted for both the Jets and Cowboys but when my father got me a Cowboys helmet for my 7th birthday i was hooked.

That's awesome Cromagnum. The White years were some good years. We just didn't get the breaks. I think we would have smoked Cincinnati in the superbowl the year we lost because of "the catch".

Are you familiar with CroCop ?

Sure I am. I've watched some of his fights but I really don't follow ultimate fighting that much. Some of his knockouts with that round house kick are vicious.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lengthy hiatus while recovering from my knee surgery, I am happy to be back with another edition of On the Hot Seat. My guest this week is Northland...

Start off by giving us your first name...

Northland wrote:
Scott

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
I am 49 on April 1. Yes April Fools Day. I was born in Toronto but now live in Ajax which is about 30 miles northeast of downtown Toronto.

What is your occupation?

Quote:
Sales Manager.

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
Married. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in June 2013.

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
10 year old twin boys. William likes the Cowboys and Evan for some reason is a Dolphins fan. Both like rock and roll and have declared that the coolest band ever, was, and still is, Led Zeppelin. Well done Dad.

What about pets?

Quote:
No pets. My old dog, Butkus, died 10 years ago this February. I haven't had the heart to replace him.

I understand that. I still miss my beagle that had to be put down a few years ago. Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
I coached my kids softball team this past summer which was a riot. Just keeping up with the kids is a chore in and of itself. When I get a chance I like to read. I try to exercise when I have the time.

We need to get together via PM and compare reading preferences. I am an avid reader. What is your drink of choice?

Quote:
I try a lot of beers but always come back to Creemore Springs, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Stella Artois. I love scotch. My favourite is The Lagavulin. Straight or with a drop of water. For the love of God don't mix it!

How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
I live in Canada, the great white north. As a kid I had a wicked Northland hockey stick. Great curve. Nine times out of ten I could control the shot. The tenth time it went wild. Kept everyone honest.

How and why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
Growing up in the 70's they were on TV a lot and always had a competitive club. I loved the star on the helmet and was always fascinated with how composed Coach Landry was in comparison to other coaches.

Who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
Current favourites would be Jason Witten and Demarcus Ware. Witten is an all timer and as tough as nails. Ware as great as he is on the field you never hear a peep about the guy off the field. I like that. All time is 1A and 1B. Staubach is 1A and is on a pedestal. You had to see him play to truly appreciate him. Leadership is hard to define but he had "it". He was the unquestioned leader of the club and his coaches, teammates, and the opposition knew it. Staubach was larger than life and still is. Randy White was one of my heroes. Always played hard. The great ones always do. I will never forget him running down Scott Fitzke of the Eagles I think 49 yards from the line of scrimmage. Unreal. I loved Larry Allen too. Nothing fancy. Just line up and punch you right in the mouth. We need a little of that attitude today.

All of those players are good choices. Northland, thanks for participating. I'll have another edition of On the Hot Seat next Friday.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Glad to see this back.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland has always been one of my favorite posters. He has a little under 3,000 posts in 7 years so he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. But, when he does say something 100% of the time it is on point.

Applause
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great interview. Northland is one of my favourite posters as well, so good to know a thing or two about him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm..... Lagavulin.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Dave, what exactly is a "Preformer"? Just messing with you. What instrument do you play, are you part of a band, and what kind of music? I think that's really cool.

And what is an "arranger"? As in setting up gigs? Just curious.

I really enjoy reading these interviews, especially after a Cowboys loss. Would love to read interviews with Cicero, theGame, and Dahobofest. And I'm serious.

Sorry for the Johnny Come Lately withe my response. I have been uber busy with winter recitals.

Instruments I play are guitar mainly, bass, piano, harmonica, mandolin, and I sing.

Type of music I enjoy are Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock, Film Scores, and some classical.

I am playing with 2 different bands currently. I play with the Eddie Davis and the East Coast Horn Band (Wedding gig) and with a Blues band titled Shades of Blue.

Favorite artists include: Eric Clapton, SRV, Dr. John, Wes Montgomery and Grant Green (jazz guitar), Van Morrison, Stones, Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Van Halen (Roth), Metallica (Pre Black Album), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and a lot of others.

Arranger simply means I arrange, chart and write scores or lead sheets for ensembles at work,the blues band, the wedding band etc.

RTNL does stand for rational. I earned it one day calling in a local radio sports talk show 610 WIP. Glen Macnow was trying to goad me into a Cowboys/Iggles debate and I wasn't taking the bait. So at the end of the conversation he said: "What do you know, a rational Cowboys fan." And since there is already Cowboys Dave and Dave the Cowboys fan calling in, the name stuck.

Favorite Movie All Time: Jaws
Favorite Comedy: Caddyshack
Favorite Western: High Noon-Gary Cooper, great film.
Favorite Trilogy: Pirates of the Carribean/ Star Wars (Epsiode IV, V, VI)
Actually, the stories of both trilogies are the same. PM me for details.
Favorite Food: Cold pasta and meatballs (angel hair pasta in my gravy)
Favorite Comedian: George Carlin RIP

Oh, BTW, he girlfriend and I are on the mend so, yeah, this is all true.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Mmmm..... Lagavulin.

I personally prefer Macallan. Picked up a limited edition Macallan at Heathrow the other day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Mmmm..... Lagavulin.

I personally prefer Macallan. Picked up a limited edition Macallan at Heathrow the other day.

The Macallan is excellent. I like the Lagavulin because it is peatier - and a lot of folks don't like heavier peat Scotch. That means more for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: