Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Weeden comparisons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8490
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When judging how good I think a rookie QB can be, and how realistic I think the guy can improve in certain area to be successful in the future.............sorry, but I don't give half a rats arse about stats.

Watch the guy play for crying out loud.

Weeden's stats were mediocre. His play was mediocre. But..........if he actually improves on his major deficiencies (which are actually things he CAN improve on), then he can be very good.

His skillset is very good. A second season will tell you all you need to know.

In this day and age of instant gratification, I am guessing a LOT of QBs who would end up pretty damn good end up not getting the chance that a lot of guys (probably some HOF guys) used to get in the past.

Unless we have a CLEAR upgrade, moving on from Weeden right now is idiotic
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7036
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Cleveland Browns will listen to trade offers for QB's Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy."

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2013_NFL_Draft.html

Been following this guy for years.

No idea re his lineage, but he is right more often than not.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
"The Cleveland Browns will listen to trade offers for QB's Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy."

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2013_NFL_Draft.html

Been following this guy for years.

No idea re his lineage, but he is right more often than not.


Here's where it comes from bruce...

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Browns coach Rob Chudzinski won't rule out listening to trade offers for quarterbacks Brandon Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy.

When asked specifically today if he'll listen to offers for those two, Chudzinski said, "We’re looking to improve our team in any areas, by any means of doing that."


http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/02/browns_coach_rob_chudzinski_wo.html

So apparently they will listen to trade offers for Joe Thomas, Haden, and any other player if it improves the team.

Shall we start a "Browns shopping Thomas, Haden, Taylor, Gordon, and all players on the roster" thread now too?

I think someone asked Chud about how the defense will come together next year too. He didn't say it was going to be great, so he must think its going to be awful and wants to replace everyone already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7036
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
"The Cleveland Browns will listen to trade offers for QB's Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy."

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2013_NFL_Draft.html

Been following this guy for years.

No idea re his lineage, but he is right more often than not.


Here's where it comes from bruce...

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Browns coach Rob Chudzinski won't rule out listening to trade offers for quarterbacks Brandon Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy.

When asked specifically today if he'll listen to offers for those two, Chudzinski said, "We’re looking to improve our team in any areas, by any means of doing that."


http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/02/browns_coach_rob_chudzinski_wo.html

So apparently they will listen to trade offers for Joe Thomas, Haden, and any other player if it improves the team.

Shall we start a "Browns shopping Thomas, Haden, Taylor, Gordon, and all players on the roster" thread now too?

I think someone asked Chud about how the defense will come together next year too. He didn't say it was going to be great, so he must think its going to be awful and wants to replace everyone already.


There you go again, Entropy.

The operative words are in bold in your post.

Doesn't follow that they will listen to trade offers for anyone else...the Q&A was about Weeden and McCoy.

You can start any thread that you want to.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
"The Cleveland Browns will listen to trade offers for QB's Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy."

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2013_NFL_Draft.html

Been following this guy for years.

No idea re his lineage, but he is right more often than not.


Here's where it comes from bruce...

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Browns coach Rob Chudzinski won't rule out listening to trade offers for quarterbacks Brandon Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy.

When asked specifically today if he'll listen to offers for those two, Chudzinski said, "We’re looking to improve our team in any areas, by any means of doing that."


http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/02/browns_coach_rob_chudzinski_wo.html

So apparently they will listen to trade offers for Joe Thomas, Haden, and any other player if it improves the team.

Shall we start a "Browns shopping Thomas, Haden, Taylor, Gordon, and all players on the roster" thread now too?

I think someone asked Chud about how the defense will come together next year too. He didn't say it was going to be great, so he must think its going to be awful and wants to replace everyone already.


There you go again, Entropy.

The operative words are in bold in your post.

Doesn't follow that they will listen to trade offers for anyone else...the Q&A was about Weeden and McCoy.

You can start any thread that you want to.


Oh, so you are using the question to define the meaning instead of the answer...gotcha

Now, read the answer in bold and tell me which players Chud was specifically referring to in his response.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce could have a job writing writing for yahoo....


Making headlines out of nothing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42888
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruceb is a unique individual

For better or for worse he certainly generates discussion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group