Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jon Beason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 20318
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
no thanks. You build championship teams through the draft, and not by picking up guys that are over the hill, or have a serious injury history.


So we pick up one guy and all the sudden we aren't superbowl contenders?

Anyway, if he comes cheap enough, why not?


Nice strawman argument

Most teams that are considered consistent winners do not make these big splashes in free agency. They build their teams through the draft. When was the last time that Green Bay or Pittsburgh or even New England went out and got really big name free agents? If they go out and bring guys in, its bargain barrel guys like a Andre Carter, Chad Johnson, or Brandon Lloyd.

Teams like Washington and Philadelphia go out and win the offseasons, but it doesnt work during the season.

It seems like everyone on this board wants to go out and make a big splash by signing this guy and that guy, and dont stop to think about the potential ramifications cap wise down the road. Look at the Dunta contract. We need to get out of that badly, and luckily he only had 3 mil guaranteed so it wont be bad, but how many teams go into cap hell because of awful signings? It might not hurt the starting 22, but those teams dont have depth.


u cant throw Washington out there lol they sign over the hill players that were never really that good to HUGE contracts. i mean who else other then them would of signed Adam Archuleta to that contract? lol

now i do remember Green Bay signing Charles Woodson...and New England signing Randy Moss.

we normally do go out and sign 1 FA a year, and for the most part it has worked out (exception of Ray Edwards). Jon Beason could be our 1 signing this year. and he should come relatively cheap.


In 13 years, BB has signed 1, maybe 2 big time FA in Randy Moss and Corey Dillion. Although Dillion was almost out of the league because of his off the field problems.

Green Bay signed Woodson years ago, before Tex Thompson. Name one big time FA that he has brought in.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 20318
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
no thanks. You build championship teams through the draft, and not by picking up guys that are over the hill, or have a serious injury history.


Mike smith quote alert Smile


Ted Thompson or Ozzie Newsome could say the same,
Or what's his name from the Giants. How many starters do they have from FA?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group