Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Plan for Our First Pick (Pre-Combine)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: My Plan for Our First Pick (Pre-Combine) Reply with quote

Instead of a mock I thought I'd just talk about my real draft crush this year and how I think we can get him. This time of year is partially about our fantasies for the team, so here's my current favorite.

Ezekiel Ansah - that's the guy I want. I think he has more potential to successfully replace Justin than any other guy in the draft. On top of that, he can help make us better next season. With diet, weight work and coaching from the best d-line coach in the league he would instantly become a great backup to Justin and Raymac (I'm assuming RJF is our NT next year), But I believe that by the time the season starts or is a few games old, he could actually be a viable sub for Raymac on passing down. I really like the thought of him and Justin side by side with Brooks and Aldon outside of them. Nice 4-man rush.

How to Get Him Part 1 - A lot of mocks have KC taking Geno Smith. But I can't see that. He's nowhere near worthy of the number one pick. And no QB, especially a rookie, is going to do well behind that line. Reid should build his team starting in the trenches. KC should take whoever they believe the best OT is with their first pick and the best OG with their second (as much as fans here weren't crazy about our picking Iupati and Davis, that draft was critical for us and Reid will recognize that need too)

Part 2 - Then they should trade their 3rd pick (maybe with a 2014 3rd or 4th if we're lucky) for Alex. Reid is a great QB coach and can continue to get as much out of him as Harbaugh did, maybe more. He gets one year to decide if Alex is their QB of the future. Even if hes not, he'd be a great 2-year transition QB for them. Then Reid can pick a qb next year when the choices will be way better than this year. He'd still have Alex for one more year to let that rookie develop. This way he solidifies his line and gets two shots at finding his QB - either Alex works out for him or he picks one from a much better crop of QBs than this year's group.

Part 3 - Then we package our first and second to move up to take Ansah and still have the first pick in the third to replace our second rounder - and hopefully an extra mid rounder next year.

Voila! My draft crush becomes a 49er.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too big on Ansah. He's definitely a first round talent, but I'm just not too high on raw players with limited production. Ziggy also doesn't play with enough strength for my liking at the 34 DE position. If we were to trade up in this situation I'd hope it would be for Richardson or Floyd, but both of them probably goes too early to be within reach.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
If we were to trade up in this situation I'd hope it would be for Richardson or Floyd, but both of them probably goes too early to be within reach.

I'd have to agree. Richardson and Floyd are beasts and I think they are much more NFL ready. If we let RJF and Sopoaga walk we will definitely need someone who can step in and fill the void. And this has to be one of the weaker spots on our roster
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ too early for the 4-3 conversion talk? Shocked

___
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with kc taking a tackle. i think if they can find somebody who wants geno or luke trade back and get fisher. then in the second grab teo.
they would have the second best lbing core in the league behind only us.

hali johnson teo houston. thats solid. then i agree with trading for alex.

i could easily see them making the playoffs with that scenario. i like what they have over there

as for ansah, i think it could work. and id be good with it, hes just not my crush though

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
If we were to trade up in this situation I'd hope it would be for Richardson or Floyd, but both of them probably goes too early to be within reach.

I'd have to agree. Richardson and Floyd are beasts and I think they are much more NFL ready. If we let RJF and Sopoaga walk we will definitely need someone who can step in and fill the void. And this has to be one of the weaker spots on our roster

I know it could happen, but I find it inconceivable that we would let them both walk. In this fantasy we let Soap go and move RJF to NT. I'd then also use a draft pick on a NT in round 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Not so much love for Ansah. I'll have to see what "the experts" say after they see the dline and lb workouts at the combine. Of course the plan works just as well if we move up to take Richardson (who was my prior target for DE) or Floyd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: