Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick, to the point mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Quick, to the point mock Reply with quote

This is coming from somebody that doesn't watch a whole lot of college football. Here goes:

1) Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

He's a highly rated guy, so this may be a little bit of a stretch to have him here at 19, but hey, it could happen. Shariff Floyd's my real man crush but he's gonna go top 15 I think. Anyways, DT is perennially a need for this team. You have to have plenty of youth and talent up front. Richardson's got some good pass rush ability, and he showed up this year playing in the SEC.

2) Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

Let's stick with the local guy! Good size, good enough speed, good tackling. Frankly I can't evaluate CB play to save my life so this is more of a "Corey Webster needs to GTFO my team" pick.

3) Kyle Long, OT, Oregon

Raw but talented and athletic. Outstanding bloodlines. Giants have done well with little brothers in the past, so let's keep the ball rolling. Diehl is toast, and who knows what Brewer can do?

4) Brandon Jenkins, DE, FSU

Total wild card pick here. A speed pass rusher before a Lisfranc injury wiped out his season. Giants need more heat for their pass rush. Bring this guy in and let him play strictly in pass rushing situations as a rook. Hopefully we can get one more year from Tuck's corpse. I admit this pick is a total shot in the dark.

5) Shane Skov, ILB, Stanford

Yeah, yeah our linebackers are terrible. I doubt a 5th rounder instantly changes that, but you gotta start somewhere. Skov is a heady, instinctive guy that's coachable and could at least be a special teams ace. Good size. Speed is questionable though.

6) Dustin Hopkins, K, FSU

Tynes is gone, so, yeah. We need a good young kicker. This kid's made some big kicks. Worth burning a 6 if you ask me.

7) Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southerm

Moar DTs. Idk this pick is just me picking out of a hat.

There it is fellas. Have at it.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two rounds. Seems like everyone is on the Richardson bandwagon and I am there with you guys. Logan Ryan has always been a favorite of mines. Great size, can cover and tackle.

Kyle Long Im not too much of a fan of. He wasn't very good his last year at Oregon but he has potential.

Jenkins can fit here in that role. I like that pick.

Skov returned to Stanford for his 5th year.

Hopkins is great. I'd love him here if he makes it to that pick.

Brandon Williams is probably going to go 3rd or 4th round, but I'd love to take him if he makes it there!

^Stone85 on the sig^
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Love the first two rounds. Seems like everyone is on the Richardson bandwagon and I am there with you guys. Logan Ryan has always been a favorite of mines. Great size, can cover and tackle.

Kyle Long Im not too much of a fan of. He wasn't very good his last year at Oregon but he has potential.

Jenkins can fit here in that role. I like that pick.

Skov returned to Stanford for his 5th year.

Hopkins is great. I'd love him here if he makes it to that pick.

Brandon Williams is probably going to go 3rd or 4th round, but I'd love to take him if he makes it there!

Thanks for the feedback STH. I don't know a whole lot about the lower round guys yet, so those lower picks are just a grab bag for me. I forgot how much fun mocks could be.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback STH. I don't know a whole lot about the lower round guys yet, so those lower picks are just a grab bag for me. I forgot how much fun mocks could be.

Yeah. You could come join us in FFMD for the draft on February 27th if you want! Would love to have you there!

^Stone85 on the sig^
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Yeah. You could come join us in FFMD for the draft on February 27th if you want! Would love to have you there!

For sure man. I'll just throw my irrelevant .02 in there from time to time Laughing
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
For sure man. I'll just throw my irrelevant .02 in there from time to time Laughing

Laughing I mean after the combine we all have our favorites. More the merrier imo. Smile

^Stone85 on the sig^
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the lot of players.

Would love for us to snag Kyle Long, the more I watch of him the more I like.

First two picks are a little out of reach. But so was Prince so we'll have to see.

Dustin Hopkins seems like the kicker of choice for these mock drafts, we have buehler now but he's really inconsistent. Like him as a 6 and would love for us to take a talent like him.

Overall you've addressed everything we needed (so thats a +1) but I feel like you've missed out on grabbing a 3rd or 4th round Wr talent. Not needed this year. But next will be a different story and its much easier to play with a guy that knows the system than it is to bring in a rook and practically start him.

Bolieve in Masai
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Rutgers fan I'd be ecstatic to have either Khaseem Greene or Logan Ryan (or both!) but would be happy to pick up Ryan in the 2nd and I also picked Richardson in the 1st in my mock. Solid draft but I think you waited a bit to late to pick up a LB. I think we go LB in the 3rd or 4th

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing these mocks makes you realize, the Giants quietly have a bunch of holes they have to fill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: