Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Finest 2013 Mock Draft & Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: 49ers Finest 2013 Mock Draft & Offseason Reply with quote

Okay so i expect us to be trading around quite a bit come april. but for this mock i just wanted to have no trades, so bare with me por favor and ignore that aspect for now Very Happy

oh yeah and this is kind of a me as gm mock. which basically means we might land one of these guys (i had us getting aj in the second last year). will do a trent balke crazy draft later on.

Re-signed:
Dashon Goldson
Ricky Jean-Francois
Tavares Gooden (debating letting him walk and let wilhoitte take his spot on st... cheaper and younger)

Allowed to walk/cut:
Larry Grant
Randy Moss
Ted Ginn
Isaac Sopoaga
Delanie Walker
Clark Haggans
Leonard Davis
Chad Hall
David Akers
Thatís 10 open spots we would have. 9 once we sign a qb. But we also have some guy from the ps and fleming coming back.

Trades:
We trade Alex Smith to Kansas City for a 2014 2nd round pick that can turn into a 1st round pick if he meets certain requirements (being realistically hopeful- teams knowing we wont keep him could push his value down. Could be a 2014 3rd to become a 2nd.

Free Agents:
Josh Johnson (hes a fa, one of the matts had it confused)
I can see one or two guys here. Cheap guys.
Hoping we grab a few that were cut, we could be looking at some good comp picks next offseason!!!

Draft Time:

First Round- DE DaTONE Jones, UCLA

Hopefully our justin replacement. Hes built like a tank, strong at the poa and is pretty shifty with some nice moved. High ceiling guy here.

Second Round- OLB Tank Carradine, Florida State

I LOVE THIS GUY. I think hes going to be a stud in the nfl. He was looking better than Werner, both had an injury, would have been a for sure first round pick ( I think top half). A bit slow off the snap, but VIOLENT hands. Let him learn the D, and I think he can eventually replace brooks.

Third Round (from Panthers)- WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

This is a personal pick, thought about changing it since we never draft troubled guys, especially this early. But this guy has an extremely high ceiling. Went up against top guys in the SEC and pretty much dominated. A big guy with hands, just what I think we need. I think hes here unless he has a great combine, which is possible.

Third Round- TE Jordan Reed, Florida

Delanieís replacement right here. Athletic, fast, good hands, and good with the ball in his hands. He lined up in the backfield at times and did fell. Heís a gamer! Needs to work on his blocking, which I think he can do.

Fourth Round- FS Duke Williams, Nevada

I like Duke quite a bit, good coverage safety. I have him learning the playbook this season, then whitner leaves next season. Dashon moved to ďSSĒ and Duke to FS. I think this would benefit our D. Dashon likes to fly up and just smash people, moving him to FS would allow him to do this more often without having to worry about the pass as much. Whitner isnít terrible, but he definitely isnít good in coverage, he let way too many tds happen and struggled big time against teís.

Fifth Round (from Colts)- NT Kwame Geathers, Georgia

This huge mountain of a man will just take up space. He didnít get much reps being behind Jenkins, but he did well when he had him number called. Heís huge, and I think given time he will be able to at least to a good backup at nose.

Fifth Round- Kicker Dustin Hopkins, Florida State

Goodbye Aker, enough of us holding our breath every time youíre on the field. Hopkins is my favorite kicker in this draft. He doesnít have a crazy huge leg, but its pretty strong. And he is SUPER ACCURATE.

Sixth Round (from Dolphins)- CB Micah Hyde- Iowa

Bigger cb who can be used on special teams, if he proves to be good there, he could replace brock who offers no real help on d. Should be a good back up imo. After next season, I see us cutting rogers and resigning brown. Hopefully somebody would step up to fill in, we could also draft a slot cb next draft if nobody does.

Sixth Round- MLB Michael Mauti, Penn State

Donít know much about him, but hes a solid player. Multiple knee injuries caused him to fall this far. He should be able to play next season after not playing this past season. I have him filling in for grant, but with our two high paid, best mlbs in the league, we lent grant walk and get paid. He can also play st and battle wilhoitte.

Seventh Round (from Bengals)- SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond

Just a high potential guy here. He has great size at 6í04 230 pounds. Transferred from Georgia tech, played well at the east west shrine game.

Seventh Round- OT Oscar Johnson, Louisiana Tech

We need some depth at tackle. Donít know much about him, but hes a late round guy and Louisiana tech had a solid line and a great offense. Will battle Kenny wiggins during camp.

Undrafted Free Agents:

WR Mark Harrison, Rutgers

I like this guy. He had a terrible qb and had a potential top 5 pick across from him in coleman. Ends up going undrafted because of an injury he had during the bowl game. He can disappear at times, but he has potential to go off. Good size at 6í03 and I like his play.

OC Sam Schwartzstein, Stanford

Depth guy from the farm, give Kilgore a little competition. He replaced chad hall, never really noticed him when watching Stanford, guess thatís a good thing.

CB Charles James, Charleston Southern

Small school corner, seems like we like us these guys. Smaller shifty corner. Hopefully could step up as a slot corner, also has return abilities.

RB, Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada

Ends up going undrafted due to a fumbling problem. He is a stud, solid body and has the potential to take it to the house. Played in the pistol so he knows the offense. 2nd in college rushing yards behind carey at Arizona. If he can fix his fumbling problem, I think he can be a decent backup.

Side note: I also think Kilgore could take over for Goodwin, opening up another spot and saving us a nice chunk of change. Will probably update with roster predictions.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. All the way to free agents. I like it. Might be one of my favorites if you take all of the moves together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real solid draft. Due to character issues I could really see Da'Rick falling that far and hopefully he'll be a stud. If a player can't get his act together with the coaching staff we have and the type of locker room enviroment with our veterans..then it wasnt meant to be. Also, Ive seen around here Tank could actually project as a 3-4 end as well?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good with all your moves leading up to the draft.

First Round- DE DaTONE Jones, UCLA ----------- A++
Second Round- OLB Tank Carradine, Florida State --------- B
Third Round (from Panthers)- WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech ---- B
Third Round- TE Jordan Reed, Florida ------------ B
Fourth Round- FS Duke Williams, Nevada ---------------- C
Fifth Round (from Colts)- NT Kwame Geathers, Georgia -------- A
Fifth Round- Kicker Dustin Hopkins, Florida State -------------- A
Sixth Round (from Dolphins)- CB Micah Hyde- Iowa ----------- A+
Sixth Round- MLB Michael Mauti, Penn State A+
Seventh Round (from Bengals)- SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond ----- A+
Seventh Round- OT Oscar Johnson, Louisiana Tech ------ A
UDFAs ---------- B

Lots of win in this one...

___
Italian49erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Finest 2013 Mock Draft & Offseason Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Okay so i expect us to be trading around quite a bit come april. but for this mock i just wanted to have no trades, so bare with me por favor and ignore that aspect for now Very Happy

oh yeah and this is kind of a me as gm mock. which basically means we might land one of these guys (i had us getting aj in the second last year). will do a trent balke crazy draft later on.

Re-signed:
Dashon Goldson
Ricky Jean-Francois
Tavares Gooden (debating letting him walk and let wilhoitte take his spot on st... cheaper and younger)

Allowed to walk/cut:
Larry Grant
Randy Moss
Ted Ginn
Isaac Sopoaga
Delanie Walker
Clark Haggans
Leonard Davis
Chad Hall
David Akers
Thatís 10 open spots we would have. 9 once we sign a qb. But we also have some guy from the ps and fleming coming back.

Trades:
We trade Alex Smith to Kansas City for a 2014 2nd round pick that can turn into a 1st round pick if he meets certain requirements (being realistically hopeful- teams knowing we wont keep him could push his value down. Could be a 2014 3rd to become a 2nd.

Free Agents:
Josh Johnson (hes a fa, one of the matts had it confused)
I can see one or two guys here. Cheap guys.
Hoping we grab a few that were cut, we could be looking at some good comp picks next offseason!!!

Draft Time:

First Round- DE DaTONE Jones, UCLA

Hopefully our justin replacement. Hes built like a tank, strong at the poa and is pretty shifty with some nice moved. High ceiling guy here.

Second Round- OLB Tank Carradine, Florida State

I LOVE THIS GUY. I think hes going to be a stud in the nfl. He was looking better than Werner, both had an injury, would have been a for sure first round pick ( I think top half). A bit slow off the snap, but VIOLENT hands. Let him learn the D, and I think he can eventually replace brooks.

Third Round (from Panthers)- WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

This is a personal pick, thought about changing it since we never draft troubled guys, especially this early. But this guy has an extremely high ceiling. Went up against top guys in the SEC and pretty much dominated. A big guy with hands, just what I think we need. I think hes here unless he has a great combine, which is possible.

Third Round- TE Jordan Reed, Florida

Delanieís replacement right here. Athletic, fast, good hands, and good with the ball in his hands. He lined up in the backfield at times and did fell. Heís a gamer! Needs to work on his blocking, which I think he can do.

Fourth Round- FS Duke Williams, Nevada

I like Duke quite a bit, good coverage safety. I have him learning the playbook this season, then whitner leaves next season. Dashon moved to ďSSĒ and Duke to FS. I think this would benefit our D. Dashon likes to fly up and just smash people, moving him to FS would allow him to do this more often without having to worry about the pass as much. Whitner isnít terrible, but he definitely isnít good in coverage, he let way too many tds happen and struggled big time against teís.

Fifth Round (from Colts)- NT Kwame Geathers, Georgia

This huge mountain of a man will just take up space. He didnít get much reps being behind Jenkins, but he did well when he had him number called. Heís huge, and I think given time he will be able to at least to a good backup at nose.

Fifth Round- Kicker Dustin Hopkins, Florida State

Goodbye Aker, enough of us holding our breath every time youíre on the field. Hopkins is my favorite kicker in this draft. He doesnít have a crazy huge leg, but its pretty strong. And he is SUPER ACCURATE.

Sixth Round (from Dolphins)- CB Micah Hyde- Iowa

Bigger cb who can be used on special teams, if he proves to be good there, he could replace brock who offers no real help on d. Should be a good back up imo. After next season, I see us cutting rogers and resigning brown. Hopefully somebody would step up to fill in, we could also draft a slot cb next draft if nobody does.

Sixth Round- MLB Michael Mauti, Penn State

Donít know much about him, but hes a solid player. Multiple knee injuries caused him to fall this far. He should be able to play next season after not playing this past season. I have him filling in for grant, but with our two high paid, best mlbs in the league, we lent grant walk and get paid. He can also play st and battle wilhoitte.

Seventh Round (from Bengals)- SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond

Just a high potential guy here. He has great size at 6í04 230 pounds. Transferred from Georgia tech, played well at the east west shrine game.

Seventh Round- OT Oscar Johnson, Louisiana Tech

We need some depth at tackle. Donít know much about him, but hes a late round guy and Louisiana tech had a solid line and a great offense. Will battle Kenny wiggins during camp.

Undrafted Free Agents:

WR Mark Harrison, Rutgers

I like this guy. He had a terrible qb and had a potential top 5 pick across from him in coleman. Ends up going undrafted because of an injury he had during the bowl game. He can disappear at times, but he has potential to go off. Good size at 6í03 and I like his play.

OC Sam Schwartzstein, Stanford

Depth guy from the farm, give Kilgore a little competition. He replaced chad hall, never really noticed him when watching Stanford, guess thatís a good thing.

CB Charles James, Charleston Southern

Small school corner, seems like we like us these guys. Smaller shifty corner. Hopefully could step up as a slot corner, also has return abilities.

RB, Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada

Ends up going undrafted due to a fumbling problem. He is a stud, solid body and has the potential to take it to the house. Played in the pistol so he knows the offense. 2nd in college rushing yards behind carey at Arizona. If he can fix his fumbling problem, I think he can be a decent backup.

Side note: I also think Kilgore could take over for Goodwin, opening up another spot and saving us a nice chunk of change. Will probably update with roster predictions.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Deal! Where do I have to sign? Smile
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spent some time on this one for sure. If it went this way in April, I would be ecstatic. I think every one of the guys you picked has a real good shot to be a solid pro (and the top picks look like stars to me).

8.7/10 - Would be a great draft

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concern would be letting Sopoaga go. I know he only plays about 30% of our snaps, but I don't think RJF is a replacement for him. I think RJF is a better depth player at DE than NT, and I would want to address NT before the 5th (or FA) if losing our starter.

MAC DRE wrote:
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to keep MOSS
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
My biggest concern would be letting Sopoaga go. I know he only plays about 30% of our snaps, but I don't think RJF is a replacement for him. I think RJF is a better depth player at DE than NT, and I would want to address NT before the 5th (or FA) if losing our starter.

i think ricky jean outplayed sop this season. i saw sop get bullyed this season quiete a bit. will never forget against the rams lance kenricks owning that man, put him on his knees too Shocked
i think ricky could fill in solidly at his current weight. and if we needed to he could gain the weight easily.

just my opinion. thanks for the repsonse!

new sig... sorry alex
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I'm good with all your moves leading up to the draft.

First Round- DE DaTONE Jones, UCLA ----------- A++
Second Round- OLB Tank Carradine, Florida State --------- B
Third Round (from Panthers)- WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech ---- B
Third Round- TE Jordan Reed, Florida ------------ B
Fourth Round- FS Duke Williams, Nevada ---------------- C
Fifth Round (from Colts)- NT Kwame Geathers, Georgia -------- A
Fifth Round- Kicker Dustin Hopkins, Florida State -------------- A
Sixth Round (from Dolphins)- CB Micah Hyde- Iowa ----------- A+
Sixth Round- MLB Michael Mauti, Penn State A+
Seventh Round (from Bengals)- SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond ----- A+
Seventh Round- OT Oscar Johnson, Louisiana Tech ------ A
UDFAs ---------- B

Lots of win in this one...

oldman- no love for duke?
i think he can start in a year or two in the league.
he was the only guy who knew how to play d in the bowl game. i would love to have him in the fourth

nbt- i wanted him back next year before the super bowl. then all his talk in no about not being happy with his role, should have been happy we even took a chance with him Laughing
but then his lack of effort in such a huge game. smh. that complete no effort on kaps throw, screw that. hope he finds the right role somewhere else

and thanks everybody else for the reads and responses!

new sig... sorry alex
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. I think Hyde will go a round or two sooner though

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:

RJF played great and has been equally effecitve at NT and DE. Jones in 1 along with Jerrod-Eddie/Dobbs provides all the depth we need at DE, and Ice is the odd man out.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:

RJF played great and has been equally effecitve at NT and DE. Jones in 1 along with Jerrod-Eddie/Dobbs provides all the depth we need at DE, and Ice is the odd man out.
Oh I agree we have enough depth at DE (especially with a potential star in the 1st round) and I use that as my reasoning to let RJF walk rather than Ice. Really it depends on cost for me. If Sopoaga is going to want significant money (4+ mil) and RJF will sign for much less, I absolutely agree that RJF is a good enough player to have more value in that situation. If the contract situations are similar though, I like what Sopoaga brings to the NT position more than RJF. Really though I like Sopoaga better in a 4-3, and RJF at 3-4 DE.

In the end, I don't think either of them are the "answer" at NT. We should be looking to upgrade that position if we get an opportunity to do so.

MAC DRE wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: