Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams RB Ganaway working at Jimmy John's this offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emcee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Rams RB Ganaway working at Jimmy John's this offseason Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1538542-rams-running-back-spends-offseason-making-sandwiches-for-minimum-wage?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the sixth-round 2012 draft pick, who sat behind Steven Jackson, Daryl Richardson and Isaiah Pead on the depth chart last season, decided staying out of trouble was the most important thing before offseason workouts, so he got a job at a local sandwich shop.

Quote:
Ganaway says his main motives in working at the sandwich shop are to save money and stay out of troubleóreasons that are all too rare in any sport.

When the thought of putting his free time to good use started up, he tweeted jokingly that he was looking for work. That's when a local Jimmy John's said it was hiring.

A quick application later, and a professional athlete was donning an apron and asking customers if they wanted mayo with their Beach Club.

I wonder how many sandwiches he buys with his discount. Laughing

(Sorry about the source. Wink )
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also read today that he will most likely be our pounder from now on

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

Still depends on what happens with Jackson, there is still a decent chance he could be back...

If that's the case, Gannaway doesn't see the field (barring injury)...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Still depends on what happens with Jackson, there is still a decent chance he could be back...

I think he should be oure FB TBH

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

This situation with Ganaway is one of the major reasons why I just dont see Steven back here. All the "talk" out in the press is just that, I dont believe a word of it from either side.

Steven wants to get paid and be the lead back, he always has been that way and never really has played will with others. While Fisher and the Front Office dont want to be allocating major money to a RB (a fading position) or be acquiescing to big names from old regimes.

There was absolutely no reason to be hanging onto a 4th RB on a roster that never got to see the field or really dress out unless you see something in him and have plans in store for the future.

I still think they see Pead as the new lead back (the other half of this theory, that was made a big deal about all last preseason) With Richardson as the scat/COP back and round out the unit with Ganaway as the bigger short yardage/closer back.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

This situation with Ganaway is one of the major reasons why I just dont see Steven back here. All the "talk" out in the press is just that, I dont believe a word of it from either side.

Steven wants to get paid and be the lead back, he always has been that way and never really has played will with others. While Fisher and the Front Office dont want to be allocating major money to a RB (a fading position) or be acquiescing to big names from old regimes.

There was absolutely no reason to be hanging onto a 4th RB on a roster that never got to see the field or really dress out unless you see something in him and have plans in store for the future.

I still think they see Pead as the new lead back (the other half of this theory, that was made a big deal about all last preseason) With Richardson as the scat/COP back and round out the unit with Ganaway as the bigger short yardage/closer back.

Bolded. This shows how much Fisher loves Ganaway, we were going to draft him I read but NY got him, obviously. They want him on the field. I think Pead will get most of the carries but we will defiantly have RB by committee.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I gotta say....is that he has now gotta hold the title for fast food employee that can pull the most ladies. Those poor college kids have no shot at the title anymore.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Halradio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time and again it has been proven you find good RBs in the later rounds. Not to mention Fisher has used a platoon system for RBs in the past (Johnson/White).

As SJAX IMO his situation is similar to Danny's - the Rams want him back but they will not go over the number they have pegged for max compensation.

All that being said I still can't rule out the Rams taking a RB in this draft
Emcee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

Bolded. This shows how much Fisher loves Ganaway, we were going to draft him I read but NY got him, obviously. They want him on the field. I think Pead will get most of the carries but we will defiantly have RB by committee.

Well it seems to have worked out well, then, because if we chose him I doubt we'd also take Daryl Richardson, too.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed with the fascination with Ganaway in the forum. He has not done a single thing on the football field. He's certainly expandable.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
SteelerRam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
I'm amazed with the fascination with Ganaway in the forum. He has not done a single thing on the football field. He's certainly expandable.

From a football standpoint, perhaps. In terms of being a man, I respect the hell out of this dude. Man isn't off partying or messing around with drugs, getting in trouble, he is working 2 jobs to help put his kids through school. Personally I hope this dude makes the team, cause this is a man. Respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: