Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Lattimore Determined

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ryback


Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 85
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Marcus Lattimore Determined Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/19/marcus-lattimore-rehab/1930751/

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Lattimore was projected as a first-round pick before his injury
He is not trying to rehab his second major knee injury in two years
Watch out Adrian Peterson, there's a new rehabilitation stud.

South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore suffered a catastrophic knee injury in an Oct. 27 game against Tennessee. Six days later, orthopedist James Andrews' team was completely rebuilding Lattimore's right knee, repairing the ACL, LCL and PCL.

Lattimore, 21, was determined to turn the second major knee injury of his career into the next great comeback story. He's already gained 20 pounds of muscle and could play in 2013, Andrews says.

"I want to be an inspiration," Lattimore told USA TODAY Sports. "To let people know that with hard work, and when you trust in God, you can come back from anything and do anything."

Andrews says Lattimore is three months ahead of schedule on his rehab, and his work ethic has been on par with Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings running back and Andrews patient who came within 9 yards of the single-season rushing record after tearing his ACL the previous season.

"He's twice as far along as we ever expected him to be. He's so self motivated," Andrews says of Lattimore. "This weight he's put on has been all muscle, which is absolutely impossible in most cases. It remains to be seen if he can play this season.

"We've had to slow him down in certain activities because he'd get ahead of us," Andrews added. "He's one of the finest young men I've ever had the opportunity to help take care of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48703
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FRO


Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 1165
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5972
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Which I personally do not want to do. 2 major knee injuries in 2 years, one of which was as bad of a knee injury as you could possibly do. Not only are RB values down across the board, but we could get a starter in the 3rd.

Maybe I'm in the minority but, I'd happily take S.Taylor, L.Bell, Gillislee, Graham in the 4-5th round rather then Lattimore in 3rd
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Which I personally do not want to do. 2 major knee injuries in 2 years, one of which was as bad of a knee injury as you could possibly do. Not only are RB values down across the board, but we could get a starter in the 3rd.

Maybe I'm in the minority but, I'd happily take S.Taylor, L.Bell, Gillislee, Graham in the 4-5th round rather then Lattimore in 3rd


no you're not the only one. Lattimore didn't even have the same type of explosion last year and I can only imagine it will slip even more because of this injury.

I'd prefer to draft any of them over Lattimore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halradio


Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 4326
Location: Washington
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire his dedication and there is a precedent for guys coming back from devastating knee injuries - McGahee, Peterson, etc.

That being said the Rams have a lot of holes to fill and IMO are not in a position to draft a player that may not be ready to play until next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48703
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramsfan55


Joined: 22 Nov 2009
Posts: 1388
Location: albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.


If the kid can go, Id take him with our 2nd round pick. (Assuming SJAX isnt resigned)
_________________
Tavon (Awesome) Austin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5972
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.


If the kid can go, Id take him with our 2nd round pick. (Assuming SJAX isnt resigned)


I wouldn't touch him for a 2nd round pick. Realize the kind of talent we would be passing up in the 2nd if we took a oft injured RB, not to mention the talent at RB still available in the 2nd that didn't have 2 terrible knee injuries in successive years.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.


If the kid can go, Id take him with our 2nd round pick. (Assuming SJAX isnt resigned)


this is ridiculous. So you'd take him in the 2nd round, after a ridiculous knee injury, when we have good options at running back and we can get comparable talents, without injury woes, in rounds 3-5.

Thankfuly you aren't our GM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48703
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.


If the kid can go, Id take him with our 2nd round pick. (Assuming SJAX isnt resigned)


this is ridiculous. So you'd take him in the 2nd round, after a ridiculous knee injury, when we have good options at running back and we can get comparable talents, without injury woes, in rounds 3-5.

Thankfuly you aren't our GM.


If you think we're getting comparable talents in Rounds 3 to 5, you're crazy. But it's too much risk to take that early on a HB.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Marcus is the type of person that every athlete should strive to be...down to earth, hard working and humble. The injuries he's been cursed with suck but if anyone can overcome it, Marcus can. I want him on the Rams.

Agreed, but if we want him we will need to spend a third rounder most likely.


Not happening for me.


If the kid can go, Id take him with our 2nd round pick. (Assuming SJAX isnt resigned)


this is ridiculous. So you'd take him in the 2nd round, after a ridiculous knee injury, when we have good options at running back and we can get comparable talents, without injury woes, in rounds 3-5.

Thankfuly you aren't our GM.


If you think we're getting comparable talents in Rounds 3 to 5, you're crazy. But it's too much risk to take that early on a HB.


who knows what kind of talent Lattimore is at this point. he already seemed to lose quite a bit of explosion and lateral quickness after his first knee injury.

I would consider Taylor, Franklin, Gillislee, Randle, Michel, Bell comparable talents when you consider the injury risk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48703
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:


who knows what kind of talent Lattimore is at this point. he already seemed to lose quite a bit of explosion and lateral quickness after his first knee injury.

I would consider Taylor, Franklin, Gillislee, Randle, Michel, Bell comparable talents when you consider the injury risk.


Injury risk has nothing to do with talent. He's more talented than all of those guys.

And no, he didn't really lose lateral quickness. He wasn't as explosive but he also wasn't 100%.

It's likely in the first year back that he'll not be quite as explosive as he was as a freshman but odds are that he'll regain that explosiveness as he distances himself from the surgery.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:


who knows what kind of talent Lattimore is at this point. he already seemed to lose quite a bit of explosion and lateral quickness after his first knee injury.

I would consider Taylor, Franklin, Gillislee, Randle, Michel, Bell comparable talents when you consider the injury risk.


Injury risk has nothing to do with talent. He's more talented than all of those guys.

And no, he didn't really lose lateral quickness. He wasn't as explosive but he also wasn't 100%.

It's likely in the first year back that he'll not be quite as explosive as he was as a freshman but odds are that he'll regain that explosiveness as he distances himself from the surgery.


we shall see and you can say what you want about injury history but it affects productivity.

Imo being durable is definitely a talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48703
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:


who knows what kind of talent Lattimore is at this point. he already seemed to lose quite a bit of explosion and lateral quickness after his first knee injury.

I would consider Taylor, Franklin, Gillislee, Randle, Michel, Bell comparable talents when you consider the injury risk.


Injury risk has nothing to do with talent. He's more talented than all of those guys.

And no, he didn't really lose lateral quickness. He wasn't as explosive but he also wasn't 100%.

It's likely in the first year back that he'll not be quite as explosive as he was as a freshman but odds are that he'll regain that explosiveness as he distances himself from the surgery.


we shall see and you can say what you want about injury history but it affects productivity.

Imo being durable is definitely a talent.


This sounds an awful lot like a justification for your earlier statement. Durability isn't talent. It's mainly luck. What other talent is based on luck?
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group