Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMeco Ryans valued at?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard we're playing a multiple look D, why trade him? Some team would have to really give up something for him IMO. He's maybe 28 or whatever but he had almost a yr off due to injury.

I wouldn't take less than a mid 3rd or two picks a 4th and conditional 5th/6th

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
This is comical. We went YEARS with mediocre (Bradley) and absolutely horrid (Chaney/Matthews) MLB play and now that we finally get a good one we're willing to give him up for a 4th and replace him with Larry Grant? Holy crap.

I'm not willing to trade DeMeco Ryans because the return we'd get on him would be less than what he's worth to the team. DeMeco Ryans isn't going anywhere so if you've got any intentions of making your mock realistic, forget about DeMeco.

For the record, Larry Grant wouldn't be bad as the MIKE in the 4-3 under/3-4. That said, I agree with you regarding being willing to give up the first decent MIKE the Eagles have had in some time so cheaply/easily.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Demeco makes a lot of money and belongs in a 4-3.
We have a boatload of cap space, and we're running a hybrid defense. I'm with Meco on this one. Ryans is pretty much our only true leader on defense, and I'm not ready to ship him out yet.

But just because I feel that way, doesn't mean we couldn't add another player to the mix (like Larry Grant, who wasn't starting last year anyway). It doesn't have to just be DeMeco then no one else. Depth is key.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late 4th rounder, 5th rounder at best.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
We have a boatload of cap space, and we're running a hybrid defense. I'm with Meco on this one. Ryans is pretty much our only true leader on defense, and I'm not ready to ship him out yet.

But just because I feel that way, doesn't mean we couldn't add another player to the mix (like Larry Grant, who wasn't starting last year anyway). It doesn't have to just be DeMeco then no one else. Depth is key.

Meco is just against the trade because if there is no "meco" on the team he just named himself after man spunk and that makes him a big romo.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Agreed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: