Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Lattimore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeV1990

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

I know running back is not one of the more needed positions at this point, but I have read several stories about him and the doctors are shocked at the recover he is making. He thinks he will be ready to play this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he is able to make that kind of recovery. So, I was wondering how you all would feel if the cowboys drafted him in say the 3rd or 4th round?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

LeeV1990 wrote:
I know running back is not one of the more needed positions at this point, but I have read several stories about him and the doctors are shocked at the recover he is making. He thinks he will be ready to play this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he is able to make that kind of recovery. So, I was wondering how you all would feel if the cowboys drafted him in say the 3rd or 4th round?

I think he would be very difficult to pass up in the 4th round. But, if we don't improve the OL in the first 3 rounds... it really won't make a difference who the RB is.
cowboys_50

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hes there in fourth and Andre Ellington is gone I say we take him
LeeV1990

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100% that offensive line is top priority in the draft this year, but he seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders and I think he would be worth the risk of drafting despite the injury.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

I think he would be very difficult to pass up in the 4th round. But, if we don't improve the OL in the first 3 rounds... it really won't make a difference who the RB is.

I'm really hoping that we do what the FFMD guys did, and sign Andy Levitre. Even if we get three top Olineman in the draft, they will still take time to develop. I think if we added Levitre, sounds like a pill, we could immediately improve the Oline play, and free up our draft picks to allow more bpa. If Lattimore is available in the 4th, I would have no problem taking him. The risk/reward is just too good to pass up. He'll probably get taken in the 2nd by some over zealous team.

It would be a perfect setting for him here. If he's healthy by 2013 season, he wouldn't have to carry the load.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

I'm really hoping that we do what the FFMD guys did, and sign Andy Levitre. Even if we get three top Olineman in the draft, they will still take time to develop. I think if we added Levitre, sounds like a pill, we could immediately improve the Oline play, and free up our draft picks to allow more bpa. If Lattimore is available in the 4th, I would have no problem taking him. The risk/reward is just too good to pass up. He'll probably get taken in the 2nd by some over zealous team.

It would be a perfect setting for him here. If he's healthy by 2013 season, he wouldn't have to carry the load.

We should've drafted Andy Levitre in 2009 like I wanted us to do. It's amazing how peoples' opinions change about a guy since so many of them insisted that he sucked and wasn't worth drafting. I seemed to be in a company of one when I went on record to say that I wanted us to take him leading up to the 2009 draft.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

We should've drafted Andy Levitre in 2009 like I wanted us to do. It's amazing how peoples' opinions change about a guy since so many of them insisted that he sucked and wasn't worth drafting. I seemed to be in a company of one when I went on record to say that I wanted us to take him leading up to the 2009 draft.

Unfortunately Wade Phillips wanted Jason Williams.

I'd love to see us free up some cap space and sign Levitre, though. Would be two years in a row we've predicted our big free agent signing in FFMD Laughing

^^^mack
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

We should have drafted anyone, but the guys we drafted in 2009. I'm hoping that new shiny bus is where Jerry will be watching Matlock and eating Tapioca pudding during the draft.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

They didn't like Levitre. McCoy was the top guy on their board. That's who should have been selected.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 3rd injury prone running back, you guys cant be serious?

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

They didn't like Levitre. McCoy was the top guy on their board. That's who should have been selected.

I don't trust any decision this team makes with respect to offensive linemen because they can't evaluate them to save their lives. That's why we avoid them. As I've said many times, we'd be a much better team if we put in the same resources into evaluating offensive linemen as we do linebackers. But we don't.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
BigAce43

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed. Christine Michael will be the steal of this RB class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: