Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry Foote in Steelers plans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Larry Foote in Steelers plans? Reply with quote

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-foote-bids-to-get-deal-for-2013-676112/

so are they looking at other areas in the draft if they sign him?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us knew this would be the case...they won't go into the draft with a major hole.

This allows Spence another year to recover and (maybe) an easy redshirt year for a draft pick.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
they won't go into the draft with a major hole.

that's exactly what it is. I'd look for the Steelers signing Foote, a RB, and an experienced TE somewhere along the line
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt mean anything.

As stated, the Steelers dont go into a draft normally with glaring holes.

This year, they may not have a choice, though...depending on who we have to cut.

As far as Foote...even if we keep him, he doesnt have alot of time left. If the value is there, they will take it.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

This year, they may not have a choice, though...depending on who we have to cut.

As far as Foote...even if we keep him, he doesnt have alot of time left. If the value is there, they will take it.

Their most glaring whole will be at #1 WR..

Look for Cordarrelle Patterson at #17
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

I'm good with passing on Patterson.

Bucky Brooks had a mock that had the Steelers pass on Star Lotuelei for Patterson. I would be highly upset if that was the case.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

Bucky Brooks had a mock that had the Steelers pass on Star Lotuelei for Patterson. I would be highly upset if that was the case.

I'm just saying that going into the draft, unless they sign someone out of Free Agency at WR, I don't see how the #1 WR spot isn't a glaring hole.

I don't see any chance that Star Lotuelei even makes it close to the #17 pick honestly. I'd be upset if the Steelers passed on him too but they won't even have a chance to draft him.

I wouldn't be upset with Patterson, I just want the Steelers to make a pick for a guy who can come in here and contribute pretty quickly.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

I'm just saying that going into the draft, unless they sign someone out of Free Agency at WR, I don't see how the #1 WR spot isn't a glaring hole.

I don't see any chance that Star Lotuelei even makes it close to the #17 pick honestly. I'd be upset if the Steelers passed on him too but they won't even have a chance to draft him.

I wouldn't be upset with Patterson, I just want the Steelers to make a pick for a guy who can come in here and contribute pretty quickly.

You have been very high on Patterson, whereas I don't like him. Against Alabama, LSU, and MS State, how did Patterson fare as a receiver? Not kick returner but those teams have quality DBs and Patterson was invisble against better competition. That being said, y'all bash Wallace for disappearing andor being inconsistent. MS State shut him down, Allabama shut him down, LSU shut him down.....doesn't seem like a Number 1 to me!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

Id be just fine with Patterson.

However, if we cut James Harrison, OLB is a glaring hole.

If we cut Ryan Clark, FS is a glaring hole.

If we dont keep Casey Hampton, NT is a glaring hole.

If we dont have Heath, TE is a glaring hole.

If we lose Mendenhall, RB is a glaring hole.

You see the pattern?

We could go any direction.

People overrate this teams need for another WR. Again, Im not saying it isnt a need at all or that I wouldnt consider one in the 1st, but even without Wallace, our WR corps is better or on par with half the teams in this league.

No matter what, we arent going to fill all the holes in one draft. It would be nice, but its unrealistic. Its just a matter of where the value is when we pick and how they would help this team.

However, given all of the holes, they better not draft someone and not play them much like Cam Heyward. That would [inappropriate/removed] me off to no end,.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

The Steelers have bigger issues then WR. I'd take Eifert, Ertz and Escobar over a WR in the first few rounds. The Steelers aren't a vertical offense and possession WRs can be had later in the draft process.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Doesnt mean anything.

Id be just fine with Patterson.

However, if we cut James Harrison, OLB is a glaring hole.

If we cut Ryan Clark, FS is a glaring hole.

If we dont keep Casey Hampton, NT is a glaring hole.

If we dont have Heath, TE is a glaring hole.

If we lose Mendenhall, RB is a glaring hole.

You see the pattern?

We could go any direction.

People overrate this teams need for another WR. Again, Im not saying it isnt a need at all or that I wouldnt consider one in the 1st, but even without Wallace, our WR corps is better or on par with half the teams in this league.

No matter what, we arent going to fill all the holes in one draft. It would be nice, but its unrealistic. Its just a matter of where the value is when we pick and how they would help this team.

However, given all of the holes, they better not draft someone and not play them much like Cam Heyward. That would [inappropriate/removed] me off to no end,.

This!

I would love to get a playmaker WR like Patterson in the 1st but I see other holes that we should fill 1st. Like at OLB, NT or safety if we cut those players.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

You have been very high on Patterson, whereas I don't like him. Against Alabama, LSU, and MS State, how did Patterson fare as a receiver? Not kick returner but those teams have quality DBs and Patterson was invisble against better competition. That being said, y'all bash Wallace for disappearing andor being inconsistent. MS State shut him down, Allabama shut him down, LSU shut him down.....doesn't seem like a Number 1 to me!

Frankly, I'm higher on Hunter. I think he's a better Wide Receiver, but at 17..no. I'm higher on Keenan Allen..but he won't be available to us (at least I don' think he will)

Patterson, to me, is the next best think, I'm just not sure whether it's realistic to think that the Steelers would move back. I'm high on him because I think he will turn into an elite WR, but at the same time, your points don't go unnoted.

Also, let me be clear...I'm not actually in favor of Pittsburgh drafting a WR early. We've drafted Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, & Limas Sweed.. etc. etc.. It just hasn't worked out for us.

43, I actually didn't really think from that perspective, you make a REALLY good set of points there. I also agree with you on your very last sentence 43.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: