Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson named MVP and Offensive Player of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
You know a defensive player will NEVER win this award again when JJ Watt doesn't even get a single vote....

That is kind of true. I think what JJ did was a lot more impressive than what Manning did. Manning gets 19.5 votes and Watt gets none? Unbelieveable.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
fretgod99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
You know a defensive player will NEVER win this award again when JJ Watt doesn't even get a single vote....
That is kind of true. I think what JJ did was a lot more impressive than what Manning did. Manning gets 19.5 votes and Watt gets none? Unbelieveable.
It's the same thing with the Heisman in college, though. That Suh didn't finish higher than he did in a class as weak as it was that year says something. Same thing here.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
So just so I get this straight:

The league MVP led his offense to the 14th rank in points per game? And that's including the points provided by special teams and defense (the Vikes are near the top of the league in that regard). THAT's the MVP?

The award is a joke.

Who do you think is more deserving?

I saw nearly every NFC North game last year: there is no way anyone can tell me Peterson contributed more to winning games than Aaron Rodgers did..

Not only this, but no matter how you try to spin it, QB's do more for their team up and down then RB's do.

4,000+ yards > 2000+ yards
30+ Td's > 10+

They are responsible for 2x the production
and making sure everyone on the field is ready to properly execute their assignment. That's why you see them win it more often than not.

AP didn't do anything this season we haven't seen done/approached 3 times in the last decade. He had more yards than CJ and Lewis, but they also scored more. Their seasons were just as impressive.

In a way, aren't we giving quarterbacks too much credit for those yards? Sure they threw the passes, but their receivers also had to catch them. With a running back, he had to run through the defense all by himself.

One thing a person may say about this is that the running back also has blockers, but you can say the same thing about the quarterback. He has to have protection to make passes, so that argument doesn't hold too much water.

I'm not trying to argue that the quarterback position is not the most important one on the field. I just think that the MVP should go the the best player for the year, and last year the best player in the league was Adrian Peterson. I also believe that there wasn't a quarterback in the league last year who was better than JJ Watt.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree Uncle Buck.

You can argue stats all day, and say since QBs account for more yards than Runningbacks/recievers that the award must be exclusively for QBs, but the award is more than just stats.

If you watched each candidate every week (Peterson, P. Manning, Rodgers, Watt and Brady) and just went by who looked like they played the best, I'd still say its Adrian, and then JJ Watt.

In this case, the comparison between players made the decision, and not the overall stats.

But I would also like to add, you're team DOES need to be successful over the season to help your chances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: