You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers big board (#2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should the Packers #2 target be?
Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
41%
 41%  [ 18 ]
Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Bjoern Werner OLB Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chance Warmack OG Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dee Milliner CB Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Eric Fisher LT Central Michigan
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Sheldon Richardson DE Missouri
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Keenan Allen WR California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Geno Smith QB West Virginia
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Johnathan Jenkins NT Georgia
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Jonathan Cooper C/OG North Carolina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lane Johnson LT Oklahoma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ezekiel Ansah OLB BYU
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Jonathan Hankins DE/NT Ohio State
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Matt Barkley QB USC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Sharrif Floyd DE Florida
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damontre Moore OLB Texas A&M
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Other (state who so we can add them next poll)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Packers big board (#2) Reply with quote

#1 Star Lotulelei DE/NT Utah

Imo this one is Eric Fisher. I know a lot of guys are all over Joeckle, but I think Fisher is the best OT in this year's class. Sharrif Floyd is another guy that I would think about in this situation.

Last edited by justo on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Richardson

Guy was the best defender in the SEC. Had more splash plays than Star. Fits the physical profile of what we'd want as a guy that can play the traditional 5-tech but also the 3-tech we play a lot of. Guy's stock is gonna skyrocket at the combine. He's gonna put up Poe like numbers.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for Ansah. Give me that potential and pair it with Matthews, Perry and Bishop in certain packages. I want more speed and athleticism to rush the passer with. Capers' scheme isn't designed to dominate the interior and collapse the pocket that way. But Ansah would provide a lot of potential in this fit and a rotation of the aforementioned three to four would be deadly.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think much of this is dependent on the combine for me.

I feel as though I could select Moore, Ansah, or Jarvis at this point.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...7 vote for Joeckel? People would really take him if we had a choice of every play except Star?

WHY?

So we can bench one of our previous 1st round picks?
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Sheldon Richardson

Guy was the best defender in the SEC. Had more splash plays than Star. Fits the physical profile of what we'd want as a guy that can play the traditional 5-tech but also the 3-tech we play a lot of. Guy's stock is gonna skyrocket at the combine. He's gonna put up Poe like numbers.
I'd rather have Floyd as a 3 tech TBH. I think Richardson will go before him in the draft though if that matters. I wonder how he scores in the interviews. Floyd is going to do great in them. Could sway some GMs.

CentralFC wrote:
Voted for Ansah. Give me that potential and pair it with Matthews, Perry and Bishop in certain packages. I want more speed and athleticism to rush the passer with. Capers' scheme isn't designed to dominate the interior and collapse the pocket that way. But Ansah would provide a lot of potential in this fit and a rotation of the aforementioned three to four would be deadly.
Ansah is just so raw though. Idk. I could see a team taking him early because of potential.

incognito_man wrote:
I think much of this is dependent on the combine for me.

I feel as though I could select Moore, Ansah, or Jarvis at this point.
incognito_man wrote:
So...7 vote for Joeckel? People would really take him if we had a choice of every play except Star?

WHY?

Wouldn't we be benching last year's first round pick if we brought in a new OLB?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis is a slightly better pass rusher than Moore. Moore is a better run defender and has better character. Joeckel is an upgrade over Newhouse day 1. Sherrod is unproven at best.
Value Pick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't pass on a potential All-Pro tackle because you have some dude who just had his leg snapped in half. I don't think that's an effective draft policy. Joeckel is the guy here IMO.
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

WHY?

I think the better question is why there are 2 votes for Geno... Not even the best QB in the draft...

Yea I don't see why Luke would get the vote here...
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Wouldn't we be benching last year's first round pick if we brought in a new OLB?

no

who plays more snaps? A 3rd pass-rusher or a 3rd OT?

a back-up OT see NO playing time unless there's an injury. Another pass-rusher will see PLENTY of snaps.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put Fischer ahead of Joeckel for the Packers. For me the top target here is Ansah.

I like Jarvis Jones the player, but I would leave him off the board entirely if I were the Packers, considering how conservative they are on medical.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Value Pick wrote:
You don't pass on a potential All-Pro tackle because you have some dude who just had his leg snapped in half. I don't think that's an effective draft policy. Joeckel is the guy here IMO.
Welcome to the forum, Value Pick.
jfinley88 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

WHY?

I think the better question is why there are 2 votes for Geno... Not even the best QB in the draft...

Even if he was the best QB in the draft (IMO he is, but not by some wide margin) why would be the 2nd rate player on our board?
incognito_man wrote:
justo wrote:

no

a back-up OT see NO playing time unless there's an injury. Another pass-rusher will see PLENTY of snaps.
Am I totally wrong about this 3rd OLB thing? How many teams use a 3rd OLB much? I thought the only reason we even used Walden was because Perry wasn't totally ready to see some of the formations used against us. I thought typically you don't rotate OLBs as much as 4-3 DEs.
PossibleCabbage wrote:
I would put Fischer ahead of Joeckel for the Packers.
Same.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Am I totally wrong about this 3rd OLB thing? How many teams use a 3rd OLB much? I thought the only reason we even used Walden was because Perry wasn't totally ready to see some of the formations used against us. I thought typically you don't rotate OLBs as much as 4-3 DEs.

I've no doubt Capers could find packages where Matthews, Perry and, say, Jarvis Jones are all on the field.

There's a lot more flexibility with another pass-rusher than a 3rd OT. Another OT is a wasted pick.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Value Pick wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Value Pick.
jfinley88 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

WHY?

Even if he was the best QB in the draft (IMO he is, but not by some wide margin) why would be the 2nd rate player on our board?
incognito_man wrote:
justo wrote:

no

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I would put Fischer ahead of Joeckel for the Packers.
Same.

Teams use 3 and sometimes 4 OLBs. They're going hard so much that they need rest. Ideally they're not playing more than 7 plays at a time, but teams do rotate to give guys breaks. Especially with a guy like Clay who sprints on every play even if it's run away from him.

You get 3 OLBs in the game. Plus you could reasonably play Jones as an ILB. He's got that skillset IMO
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
There's a lot more flexibility with another pass-rusher than a 3rd OT.
True. Worst comes to worst and the OLB at least gets in the rotation and plays special teams. I guess I just have a much higher grade on Fisher than the OLBs.
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Plus you could reasonably play Jones as an ILB. He's got that skillset IMO
But in Hawks role?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: