Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10391
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another DT I've taking a liking to is Shariff Floyd. Great kid with relentless motor. Wouldn't mind him at 10.


Keep reading about how no GM thinks he will last past our pick. I guess I need to research him some more. What ive seen so far wasnt earth shattering. But it was solid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2856
Location: My house
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I feel like the Titans will try to get Matt Elam somehow. Gregg Williams likes having a SS with an attitude/swag and be able to lay the big hit. Swearinger is another one. I think SS will upgraded regardless. No more nice/soft safeties like Babs, Griffin, and Johnson.


I've been thinking the same thing with Swearinger. If he doesn't adjust his style a bit he is going to be penalized/fined a lot. But he can dish out the big hits that can control the middle of the field.

Also, this video is hilarious.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5LEi_-C9IVo


I have us taking Swearinger in the third round. People have him projected all over the place so it will be interesting to see where is projected after the Combine.


We are sharing a few prospects. I have us taking him in the second in my upcoming mock. I don't know if he will make it to our 3rd. Some are rating him above Elam.


Yeah I've seen him as the 2nd rated safety and I've seen him as the 6th rated safety. Hard to say where he will wind up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Detillier on radio today touted Safety Phillip Thomas, out of Fresno State as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock's Position Rankings

Quarterback
1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Running Back
1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama
2. Montee Ball, Wisconsin
3. Andre Ellington, Clemson
4. Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Wide Receiver
1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, Cal
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Tight End
1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
2. Zach Ertz, Stanford
3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
5. Jordan Reed, Florida

Center
1. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
2. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Barrett Jones, Alabama
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Guard
1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Larry Warford, Kentucky
4. Kyle Long, Oregon
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

Tackle
1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

Defensive End
1. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
2. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
3. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
T-5. Datone Jones, UCLA
T-5. Margus Hunt, SMU

Defensive Tackle
1. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
2. Star Lotulelei, Utah
3. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
4. Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
T-5. Kawann Short, Purdue
T-5. Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

Outside linebacker
1. Dion Jordan, Oregon
2. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
3. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
4. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
5. Arthur Brown, Kansas State

Inside linebacker
1. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
3. Kevin Minter, LSU
4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
5. Kiko Alonso, Oregon

Cornerback
1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Safety
1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NhTitan


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 418
Location: Nh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how an edcucated man like Mayock can have Sylvester Williams higher than Kawann Short. In my opinion Short is the guy everyone is overlooking. Last year he was graded as a 1st rounder if he came out, then he has another amazing year with Purdue and no he's a mid to late second rounder in a poorer draft?????

I do like most of his other grades, I like how Zeke Motta sneaked on to the Safety list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10391
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:
I have no idea how an edcucated man like Mayock can have Sylvester Williams higher than Kawann Short. In my opinion Short is the guy everyone is overlooking. Last year he was graded as a 1st rounder if he came out, then he has another amazing year with Purdue and no he's a mid to late second rounder in a poorer draft?????

I do like most of his other grades, I like how Zeke Motta sneaked on to the Safety list


Williams is good. I like him. Having watched him play on a bad ankle most of this season he still was disruptive. I'm not downing Short but Williams is good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6917
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see how anyone can have star #2
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guys I'd rather us pass by in 1st if available (yep, I am that bored):
Bjoern Werner
Sam Montgomery
Manti Te'o
Kenny Vaccaro
Barkevious Mingo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24284
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Some guys I'd rather us pass by in 1st if available (yep, I am that bored):
Bjoern Werner
Sam Montgomery
Manti Te'o
Kenny Vaccaro
Barkevious Mingo


Agreed with everybody except Werner. I like Werner alot and I think he can be a great DE. Problem is his motor runs hot and cold.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3839
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky Brooks from NFL.Com has his final mock before the combine out today. He has the Titans taking Cooper the OG from UNC, who bares a striking resemblance to former Titan great OLB KBull (with dreads of course). Shocked Laughing


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/165102
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10391
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some "King Titan players" that I have a draft crush on are:
Ezekiel Ansah- BYU DE
Mike Catapano- Princeton DE
Johnathan Cooper-OG- UNC
Kevin Reddick- ILB- UNC
Zac Stacey- RB-Vandy
Johnathan Franklin- RB- UCLA
Johnathan Banks- CB- Mississippi State

Funny 3 Johnathan's..lol


Last edited by KingTitan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10391
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Bucky Brooks from NFL.Com has his final mock before the combine out today. He has the Titans taking Cooper the OG from UNC, who bares a striking resemblance to former Titan great OLB KBull (with dreads of course). Shocked Laughing


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/165102


I love him, but not at #10. Not any OG at #10.

This is the year we needed to pick in the 20s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1694
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Bucky Brooks from NFL.Com has his final mock before the combine out today. He has the Titans taking Cooper the OG from UNC, who bares a striking resemblance to former Titan great OLB KBull (with dreads of course). Shocked Laughing


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/165102


I love him, but not at #10. Not any OG at #10.

This is the year we needed to pick in the 20s.


This might be the 3rd year in a row that we go offense first. Munch and the coaches want to help Locker and CJ improve their production and getting that interior O-line in tact is the biggest way to do it. If we do happen go OG in the 1st, then it sounds like a sure tradeback opportunity, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.
_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10391
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Bucky Brooks from NFL.Com has his final mock before the combine out today. He has the Titans taking Cooper the OG from UNC, who bares a striking resemblance to former Titan great OLB KBull (with dreads of course). Shocked Laughing


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/165102


I love him, but not at #10. Not any OG at #10.

This is the year we needed to pick in the 20s.


This might be the 3rd year in a row that we go offense first. Munch and the coaches want to help Locker and CJ improve their production and getting that interior O-line in tact is the biggest way to do it. If we do happen go OG in the 1st, then it sounds like a sure tradeback opportunity, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.


I hope so. I feel confident they will get at least one OG in FA and pay him big bucks. So the need to go OG in the 1st won't be there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1694
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Bucky Brooks from NFL.Com has his final mock before the combine out today. He has the Titans taking Cooper the OG from UNC, who bares a striking resemblance to former Titan great OLB KBull (with dreads of course). Shocked Laughing


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/165102


I love him, but not at #10. Not any OG at #10.

This is the year we needed to pick in the 20s.


This might be the 3rd year in a row that we go offense first. Munch and the coaches want to help Locker and CJ improve their production and getting that interior O-line in tact is the biggest way to do it. If we do happen go OG in the 1st, then it sounds like a sure tradeback opportunity, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.


I hope so. I feel confident they will get at least one OG in FA and pay him big bucks. So the need to go OG in the 1st won't be there.


I get the feeling that our pursuit of Andy Levitre will be determined by Steve Hutchinson's current and future status with us. If Hutchinson decides to retire or we somehow release him, then I can see us going hard after Levitre, then taking an OG later in the draft (maybe 4th on down). If Hutchinson stays on, then we might bypass Levitre and take an OG in the 1st or 2nd round. I really can't see us sinking "big" money two offseasons in a row into two players of the same position (OG).

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 27 of 62

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group