Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 23rd pick of the 2013 draft...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Minnesota Vikings select...
Terrance Williams- WR, Baylor
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Cordarelle Patterson- WR, Tennessee
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
De'andre Hopkins- WR, Clemson
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Keenan Allen- WR, Cal
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
John Jenkins- DT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Hankins- DT, Ohio St.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Sheldon Richardson- DT, Missouri
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Kawann Short- DT, Purdue
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jesse Williams- DT, Alabama
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Bennie Logan- DT, LSU
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cooper- OG, UNC
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Kevin Minter- LB, LSU
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Manti Teo- LB, Notre Dame
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Alec Ogletree- LB, Georgia
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Desmond Trufant- CB, Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Xavier Rhodes- CB, Florida St.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jonathan Cyprien- S, FIU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 62

vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can count Keenan Allen out for us. A report just in via rotoworld says that he will not participate in the combine due to a lingering left knee injury. He had a grade 2 PCL tear back in October and still hasnt recovered from it.

I can just about guarantee Spielman wont take a chance on him now. He learned his lesson last year with Greg Childs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Well you can count Keenan Allen out for us. A report just in via rotoworld says that he will not participate in the combine due to a lingering left knee injury. He had a grade 2 PCL tear back in October and still hasnt recovered from it.

I can just about guarantee Spielman wont take a chance on him now. He learned his lesson last year with Greg Childs.

What Childs suffered and what Allen suffered are far different. Childs completely tore both patellar tendons. Allen only partially tore 1 PCL. From what I've read, Grade II sprains can actually recover on their own. Now, I don't know if 1 sprain can lead to others, but it can lead to osteoarthritis in 15-20 years (long after he's probably retired), which likely won't affect his play significantly while he's playing now. Although, it can set in early, like it has somewhat with Sidney Rice.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

What Childs suffered and what Allen suffered are far different. Childs completely tore both patellar tendons. Allen only partially tore 1 PCL. From what I've read, Grade II sprains can actually recover on their own. Now, I don't know if 1 sprain can lead to others, but it can lead to osteoarthritis in 15-20 years (long after he's probably retired), which likely won't affect his play significantly while he's playing now. Although, it can set in early, like it has somewhat with Sidney Rice.

I saw the update on this injury as well, and found it interesting. I have had a severe PCL injury in the past and I know how much it can hamper you, but I also know that with adequate time and proper training you can recover very nicely. Allen's stock will drop for sure in the short term, but the long term will truely hinge on his pro day availability. Not going through drills at the combine labels him as a risk/reward player, but he is at least still going through the motions, staying positive, and is allowing teams to give him medical examinations, which wouldn't be happening if this injury was as severe as some think it could be. Dr. James Andrews, who is a highly respected sports doctor, already has said that he believes the injury can heal without need for surgery.

My best guess is that Allen's stock falls dramatically over the next few weeks, but if he shows at his pro day, it rises again, but not to the first round level as before. He could go mid to late second round and could turn out to be a bargain for a patient team willing to trust in his ability to rehab correctly. I think Speilman is smart enough not to automatically look past Allen because of how Greg Childs fared. Child's was a known risk, but at the same time, look at Adrian Peterson. He was a known injury risk, but he is possibly the best player in the league despite injuries. I'm not saying we should draft Allen, but don't count him out quite yet.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way though, I'm not really in huge favor of the Vikings drafting Allen anyway. I think I had him #4 on my Big Board, but even now, regardless of the knee injury impact, I'd probably drop him a little further. As far as WR, I'm pretty much on the Patterson bandwagon if he's there. If he's not there, I wait on WR until the 2nd rd.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Either way though, I'm not really in huge favor of the Vikings drafting Allen anyway. I think I had him #4 on my Big Board, but even now, regardless of the knee injury impact, I'd probably drop him a little further. As far as WR, I'm pretty much on the Patterson bandwagon if he's there. If he's not there, I wait on WR until the 2nd rd.

This is pretty much where I am right now in regards to Allen. I'd rather we not use the #23 on him. In regards to Patterson, there is talk he could go higher, but I think he is too raw, and prefer not to take him either. If we're going WR in round 1, I think Hunter is man, but my preference is to use our 2nd round pick on an "outside" WR.

As of right now, I would be okay if Patterson, Allen, Te'o, and Ogletree to be picked before #23

Kevin Minter or DT (Floyd/Richarson/Hankins) is who I'd want them to target at #23

Brinkley was rated 50/53 ILB, and that was when he was on the field. 3-Down ILB with an ideal skill set combination of Coverage/Run Support.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something was brought up in one of the combine videos (might've been Mayock's press conference, I forgot now), and that was how the run on QBs will likely happen in the late 1st. Teams in the top 10 would be better off taking the better value with their first pick and then trade up into the 1st to get their QB.

I think we are a perfect candidate to take advantage of this. We know Spielman loves draft day trading, and we could certainly use as many picks as we can get.

Unless there's some insane value waiting for us at 23 (which there likely won't be), I'd say there's a good chance we trade down.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think they will trade down for sure. An early second and a third, or a couple of picks next year....as long as they do not defer all the value to 2014....
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that Barkley falls to us, or a team falls in love with a Glennon or Nassib and wants to trade up for one of them. Track back with a team movin up for a QB likely nets us the best package.

Something like a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2014 2nd.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm hoping that Barkley falls to us, or a team falls in love with a Glennon or Nassib and wants to trade up for one of them. Track back with a team movin up for a QB likely nets us the best package.

Something like a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2014 2nd.

Just as comparison, in the past 10 drafts these are the trades within 5 pick range of our 1st that traded out for a team who picked a QB:

2010: BAL traded 25 to DEN for 2nd (43), 3rd (70), and 4th (114).
*Tim Tebow

2007: DAL traded 22 to BAL for 2nd (36) and 2008 1st.
*Brady Quinn

2005: DEN traded 25 to WAS for 3rd (76) and 2006 1st and 4th.
*Jason Campbell

2004: DAL traded 22 to BUF for 2nd (43), 5th (144), and 2005 1st.
*JP Losman

2003: NE traded 19 to BAL for 2nd (41) and 2004 1st.
*Kyle Boller
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that all those QBs suck lol
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Interesting that all those QBs suck lol

Yeah I was thinking that as I was compiling the list too.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully no NFL team sees that list of trades....
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, its only thing to pick a a bad QB at your selection, but to trade up and completely miss, that just hurts Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: