Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
I doubt this affects Ogletree's stock a whole lot. This is what people will figure out during psych evals at the combine. If he drops out of the top 25, 1 DUI isn't the main reason.

I still doubt he falls out of the 1st round. If we don't take him, some other top team at the bottom of the draft will take him.

- Arrested as a freshman for theft, and suspended one game.

- Failed drug tests and was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2012 season.

- Arrested for DUI

This isn't a singular event, this is a pattern. Now Ogletree could certainly change his act, but history has shown that the overwhelming majority don't change. Especially when they've had multiple off the field transgressions. Maybe if Ogletree was a star prospect, a top 5 type player, he'd get teams to look the other way, or beyond his problems. But Ogletree is already a risky player, who's got all the athleticism and raw talent in the world, but has yet to put it together. And teams aren't likely to take a risk on a player who's not only risky as an on the field player, but also as an off the field person.

At this point I'd be shocked if Ogletree gets taken in the 1st round.
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's got off the field issues...quite the list of them. Which is why if he's going to drop, it won't be because of the most recent dui. I still think he goes top 25.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
I know he's got off the field issues...quite the list of them. Which is why if he's going to drop, it won't be because of the most recent dui. I still think he goes top 25.

The fact that it happens a week before the Combine is more egregious than what happened in his freshman year and even what happened prior to the 2012 season (and is going to have a far larger effect).

As he's already under the microscope (due to it being a sneak peek at fresh meat time) that he still did something stupid like this, tells me that he's high risk that he's going to do it again, no matter the consequences. Unless he's a Randy Moss talent at LB, he's not going top 25 now. No one's going to want to take that chance.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
biggsohnasty wrote:

The fact that it happens a week before the Combine is more egregious than what happened in his freshman year and even what happened prior to the 2012 season.

As he's already under the microscope (due to it being a sneak peek at fresh meat time) that he still did something stupid like this, tells me that he's high risk that he's going to do it again, no matter the consequences. Unless he's a Randy Moss talent at LB, he's not going top 25 now. No one's going to want to take that chance.

I agree. I do not see Ogletree going in the top 25 now. I think with his suspension for marijuana earlier this year and now with this off the field incident it will call for a minor slide. If he starts to fall anywhere in the 2nd round the Vikings need to trade up as soon as possible, maybe a trade involving Percy, depending on who we take in the first round.

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is there at #52, I would consider him.
I wont take him at #23, but thats not because of DUI, its because I think he is raw, and I'd want a more finished product in the 1st round. Plus I see some aspects that could be a hinderance in the NFL.

He excels at coverage, but I have concerns about run stopping, shedding blocks. B/c of that I couldnt take him in the 1st round. Kevin Minter is a more complete MLB and has positives across the board.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not the Combine, it still is a Regional Combine, so it's a relevant story...

Quote:
The NFL debuted its regional scouting combine concept back in 2011. Ten cities this year hold a regional combine from January to March, with the best players going to a super-regional in Dallas in April.

The March 2-3 New Jersey regional will mark a first in the regional combine process: A female player will compete. Lauren Silberman of New York City will participate as a kicker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140423/article/female-will-compete-at-regional-combine-for-first-time

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

California's Keenan Allen, projected as one of the top two wide receivers in the upcoming draft, is nursing a sprained posterior cruciate ligament that will prevent him from working out at the combine, his agent, J.T. Johnson, said Wednesday.

Allen will attend the combine and undergo medical exams for the teams but with his knee being only 70 percent, he and Johnson have decided it is better not to run. Allen will save his running for his own pro day at some time in early April, after he has recovered from the knee injury he initially suffered Oct. 20 and then aggravated about two weeks ago training for the combine in Florida with Hall-of-Fame wide receiver Cris Carter. One doctor told Allen he tore his posterior cruciate ligament.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8965520/hurt-california-golden-bears-wr-keenan-allen-work-combine
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen's stock is going to take a bit of a hit for this one. If one of these WR's blows up the combine, he could easily be passed.

Interesting note he was training with Carter. I'm sure that Carter will put a word in for Allen with the Vikings management if he thinks Allen could be a stud.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
Allen's stock is going to take a bit of a hit for this one. If one of these WR's blows up the combine, he could easily be passed.

Interesting note he was training with Carter. I'm sure that Carter will put a word in for Allen with the Vikings management if he thinks Allen could be a stud.

Im not sure about that. I just put this in my 1 round thread I posted. I doubt Spielman will draft him now. He learned his lesson with Greg Childs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
California's Keenan Allen, projected as one of the top two wide receivers in the upcoming draft, is nursing a sprained posterior cruciate ligament that will prevent him from working out at the combine, his agent, J.T. Johnson, said Wednesday.

Allen will attend the combine and undergo medical exams for the teams but with his knee being only 70 percent, he and Johnson have decided it is better not to run. Allen will save his running for his own pro day at some time in early April, after he has recovered from the knee injury he initially suffered Oct. 20 and then aggravated about two weeks ago training for the combine in Florida with Hall-of-Fame wide receiver Cris Carter. One doctor told Allen he tore his posterior cruciate ligament.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8965520/hurt-california-golden-bears-wr-keenan-allen-work-combine

If doctor Andrews said he doesn't think it'll require surgery then I wouldn't think it should hurt his stock too much but maybe just enought to slip to 23? Razz Pray

Love hearing that he was working out with Cris Carter too.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"No! try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

Im not sure about that. I just put this in my 1 round thread I posted. I doubt Spielman will draft him now. He learned his lesson with Greg Childs

I doubt it honestly Greg Childs injury was damn fluky tearing up both knees on the same play? It could have happened to anyone. I bet he'll wait to hear from medical experts on Keenan's knee but the fact that it shouldn't require surgery helps his cause.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"No! try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This drops him even lower on my want list, then he already was..

Right now, I rather take a WR with pick #52 in the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, IMO, will slip farther depending on what other WR's do at the combine. If a few do really well they could/should be taken ahead of him.
vikings209

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let him fall to 23 to us. IMO he is the best WR for the Vikings in this years draft.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Spielman: "The Combine is probably the biggest event heading into the draft. It's the first time you're going to get all the Olympic numbers on these guys: the height, weight, speeds. The first time that we'll get in front of a lot of these guys too, especially the juniors. It's probably my most exciting time besides the day of the draft. Because there's so much you get accomplished there."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/192160501.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 14 of 100

Jump to: