Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HakeemThe Dream's First REAL Mock Draft (No Offseason)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
I understand that the D-Line and Secondary are more important to this defense, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore part of the defense. It takes 11 players to win or lose games, and right now the Giants starting LBs are Williams-Herzlich-Paysinger. Do you really want to see those three out there together next year? That scares the heck out of me, and I like all three of those guys.

Exactly.

Williams- 6th round pick
Herzlich- UDFA
Paysinger- UDFA

correlation is not causation, but.... yikes...
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yech. You guys are making me come to terms with how bad our linebackers are Laughing
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Yech. You guys are making me come to terms with how bad our linebackers are Laughing

Good ... embrace the awfulness

We the North
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown would be the best option to improve our LB corp. Too bad we don't prioritize LBers in the first round, but I can't blame them as our recent superbowl victories have been with decent at best linebackers. Kasheem Greene would be a terrific 2nd round pickup if he's available.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I think Williams can be a quality starter, but I haven't seen enough from Herzlich or Paysinger to say that about them.

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Arthur Brown would be the best option to improve our LB corp. Too bad we don't prioritize LBers in the first round, but I can't blame them as our recent superbowl victories have been with decent at best linebackers. Kasheem Greene would be a terrific 2nd round pickup if he's available.

Big fan of Brown, would love to snag him in the2nd. Only problems I have with him are his size and that he doesn't make flashy plays (INTs, FF, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants waited until later than the 1st to take a LB because there are some quality players later. I really like Greene, just don't know how he will translate inside. He seems like he would excel in the role that Williams plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: