Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AT23 Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like this draft a lot. I don't know why we can't pick two safeties. We need two safeties so pick them.

There is no way we can fill all the holes in one draft anyway, so if there is a player that fits us and has value at a position of need, I say take the kid.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
I actually like this draft a lot. I don't know why we can't pick two safeties. We need two safeties so pick them.

There is no way we can fill all the holes in one draft anyway, so if there is a player that fits us and has value at a position of need, I say take the kid.

Agreed. I have no major issues if the draft fell this way. I don't think Swearinger lasts that long, personally. Jesse Williams is a "meh" pick for me really. Wouldn't be upset about it, but not overjoyed either. I think the positions hit on are fine, and like the players that are in them.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Used CBS Sports, instead of pulling from thin air. Sorry I dont have sweet cards like that one poster on here!

1: NT Jesse Williams
2: RB Giovani Bernard
3: FS Rambo
4: FS Swearinger
5: ILB AJ Klein
6: WR Mellette
7: QB Jeff Tuel
7: OLB Quanterus Smith

I don't like taking two safeties, but then again look at all their ages. We can put Golden on PS or one of these rookies. Then in a year or two we will have Golden, Rambo, and Swearinger. I could see Golden excelling and playing much better at the Mundy role, when we use 3 safety subpackages. I also don't like a RB in the 2nd, but he posed good value and could add another dimension to our game. I also considered OG Warford but I think we're moving to a ZBS system and OLB Chase Thomas there. I know there isn't any pass-rushing OLB which scares me, but there just isn't any it appears for this draft other than the first round or two. They're either too small or slow-footed.

Why take a situational RB in the 2nd when you can get similar players later? I don't think Klein can play well in space and will be a Humpal type pick. Swearinger will be gone by Round 3. Don't know your last 3 picks.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelers8031 wrote:
I know its going against the prevailing wisdom on here, but I absolutely hate the idea of taking Jesse Williams in the first. I could get behind him in the second, but the only nose tackle (after Starr) worth a first round grade is Hankins. Williams can be had in the second.
Think we need to do more to address the LB situation, both inside and out. First round we should have the pick of ILBs, as its unlikely any come off the board before that. I know we drafted spence last year, and don't know what he brings to the table, but to me thats one of our key needs. Like Bernard or Lacy in the second, like Lattimore in the third even more. Yes, we need to address Safety, and I'd be happy with either of your choices, just not both. Like Mellet, and don't know enough about the 7th rounders to have an opinion.

There's no first round Inside Linebackers worth taking. Would rather take a shot at one of the boom/bust OLB's before going with ILB. To me, it has to be a Patrick Willis type of ILB to be considered. Just not a good position to take in the first, like RB,G,RT, or Safety, unless they are a special talent. I love Spence and I am crossing my fingers he comes back 100% soon. ONly way we consider ILB is if they could run and had leadership and great instincts. None in this draft fit those 3 criteria imo. I like Jesse but I have the same problem with NT. Can't talk myself into spending a 1 on a 2 down run defender in a passing league.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Used CBS Sports, instead of pulling from thin air. Sorry I dont have sweet cards like that one poster on here!

I don't like taking two safeties, but then again look at all their ages. We can put Golden on PS or one of these rookies. Then in a year or two we will have Golden, Rambo, and Swearinger. I could see Golden excelling and playing much better at the Mundy role, when we use 3 safety subpackages. I also don't like a RB in the 2nd, but he posed good value and could add another dimension to our game. I also considered OG Warford but I think we're moving to a ZBS system and OLB Chase Thomas there. I know there isn't any pass-rushing OLB which scares me, but there just isn't any it appears for this draft other than the first round or two. They're either too small or slow-footed.

Why take a situational RB in the 2nd when you can get similar players later? I don't think Klein can play well in space and will be a Humpal type pick. Swearinger will be gone by Round 3. Don't know your last 3 picks.

Situational? Really? I'll be stoked if we can get our hands on Bernard in the 2nd. Don't think he will fall that far tho. Best back in the draft, and not a situational back either.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this might be one of my favorite mocks.
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
steelers8031 wrote:
I know its going against the prevailing wisdom on here, but I absolutely hate the idea of taking Jesse Williams in the first. I could get behind him in the second, but the only nose tackle (after Starr) worth a first round grade is Hankins. Williams can be had in the second.
Think we need to do more to address the LB situation, both inside and out. First round we should have the pick of ILBs, as its unlikely any come off the board before that. I know we drafted spence last year, and don't know what he brings to the table, but to me thats one of our key needs. Like Bernard or Lacy in the second, like Lattimore in the third even more. Yes, we need to address Safety, and I'd be happy with either of your choices, just not both. Like Mellet, and don't know enough about the 7th rounders to have an opinion.

There's no first round Inside Linebackers worth taking. Would rather take a shot at one of the boom/bust OLB's before going with ILB. To me, it has to be a Patrick Willis type of ILB to be considered. Just not a good position to take in the first, like RB,G,RT, or Safety, unless they are a special talent. I love Spence and I am crossing my fingers he comes back 100% soon. ONly way we consider ILB is if they could run and had leadership and great instincts. None in this draft fit those 3 criteria imo. I like Jesse but I have the same problem with NT. Can't talk myself into spending a 1 on a 2 down run defender in a passing league.

I'm not a huge fan of NT either but if the Steelers want to have Spence and Timmons as starting ILB than they need bigger guys up front to take up space. I'm also a big fan of Spence and love the idea of hacing two faster guys who we could keep on the field in passing siutations. But we know Timomns isn't the best at taking on blocks and I don't know how good Spence would be. So, I would be okay with a 1st round NT in order to ensure those guys can be clean and make plays.
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AT23 Mock Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Situational? Really? I'll be stoked if we can get our hands on Bernard in the 2nd. Don't think he will fall that far tho. Best back in the draft, and not a situational back either.

Yeah I'm on this bandwagon would love to have him. Could be a stud
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another version using CBS Sports. Some seem too good of value I know!

1.17: NT Jesse Williams (hard to pass him up)
2.48: ILB Arthur Brown
3.80: OLB Chase Thomas
4.114: S TJ McDonald
5.148: RB Jamison
6.186: WR Rodney Smith
7.222: CB Johnny Adams
7.240: QB Ryan Griffin (the real RG Wink )
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Another version using CBS Sports. Some seem too good of value I know!

1.17: NT Jesse Williams (hard to pass him up)
2.48: ILB Arthur Brown
3.80: OLB Chase Thomas
4.114: S TJ McDonald
5.148: RB Jamison
7.222: CB Johnny Adams
7.240: QB Ryan Griffin (the real RG Wink )

I like this mock draft a lot with the exception of Brown in the second round. I just don't see him being a good fit even if Williams plays NT in front of him.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3:

1.17: NT Jesse Williams
2.48: WR Terrance Williams
3.80: RB Montee Ball (for some reason, I just think he'll be a star in this league. I know durability and injury issues, but I just see it happening)
4.114: OLB Chase Thomas
5.148: ILB AJ Klein
7.222: S Earl Wolff
7.240: QB Ryan Griffin
The36Bus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see Walter football new mock from today?
1. Jarvis jones
2. Deandre Hopkins
3. Montee Ball
4. TJ McDonald
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The36Bus wrote:
Did you see Walter football new mock from today?
1. Jarvis jones
2. Deandre Hopkins
3. Montee Ball
4. TJ McDonald

jones will not fall out of the top 10. I think he will be a Cleveland Brown.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid-combine, me getting overhyped about some combine players:

1.17: Ansah or Vacarro
2.48: WR Justin Hunter
3.80: NT Brandon Williams
4.114: RB Le'veon Ball
5.148: ILB AJ Klein
6.186:
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.16 ILB Kevin Minter
2.48 NT Brandon Williams
3.80 WR Da'Rick Rodgers
4.114 S JJ Wilcox
5.148 OLB Cornelius Washington
6.186 RB Cierre Wood
7.222 TE Jake Stoneburner
7.240 QB Jordan Rodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: