Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Baker Questions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Sam Baker Questions? Reply with quote

1. Is there a good chance that he is allowed to hit the market or are they working to re-sign him?

2. What would be a Falcons fans honest assessment of Baker as a LT?
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on who gets released if the falcons release Dunta Robinson and Michael Turner then I say they resign but its not in the realm of possibility that they don't.
Assessment is he is a serviceable OT when he is healthy and this year he was and played great especially in theplayoffs and latter part of the year so i would say last year he wasn't in the top 32 OT in the league but this year I would say he is Top 12 OT!
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a decent chance he hits the open market, but it all depends on how the staff feels our third round developmental LT Lamar Holmes is progressing. I can't see him leaving if the staff isn't ready to give Holmes the starting job. But you never know how much money a player will command, so it might be tough for us to resign our key guys like William Moore and retain Baker. Overall I'd say a 50/50 chance he hits the open market. But there's no way to know for sure unless you have some sort of source with the team.

He played very well for most of the year last year. His run blocking was solid and his pass blocking was definitely a bright spot on the line. But he has struggled mightily in the past and could be considered a one year wonder, looking for a fat contract. It is claimed that the reason he played poorly in the past is because he was playing through injury, but if he gets injured that often (3 years straight he played like garbage) and plays like that then hes definitely not worth having on the line, especially at a heavy price.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons will make a effort to resign him. He played fairly well last season and should come cheap since he has injury history . The only way I see Falcons losing him would be similar to how we lost Lofton and dont see his value at such and feel like Holmes is ready to start which would be a huge risk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: