Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Right Tackle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you like to see as the Rams' starting RT in 2013?
Barry Richardson
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Joe Barksdale
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Rodger Saffold
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DJ Fluker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Early draft pick
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Middle draft pick
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Late draft pick
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sebastian Vollmer
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Phil Loadholt
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Gosder Cherilus
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Will Svitek
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
I voted Gosder Cherilus. He was ranked the best or second best RT in the NFL by profootball focus or one of the other organizations. I would be very excited on that signing as I was an advocate on here about drafting him out of BC when he came out in 08.

Really? You advocated him on this forum in 2008? Your profile was created in 2011. Must have been quite a trick to pull off.

Personally, I loved Cherilus coming out of college, but those that were paying attention at the time will remember he was primarily a guard prospect.

Actually I had another profile on here before some stupid stuff got it locked. So yes I'm sure I've been on here alot longer than most of the ones that are here now. And yes I was advocating him. And I don't remember him being a guard prospect. He played RT for his first 3 years at BC and then switching to LT so I don't personally remember him ever being recruited as a guard.

Nice, lol. What was it named?

Ramsfan4lyfe72. Not much creativity with me obviously. But the one guy on here was a complete idiot and I called him out on all the stuff and I think he reported me so it got locked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
I voted Gosder Cherilus. He was ranked the best or second best RT in the NFL by profootball focus or one of the other organizations. I would be very excited on that signing as I was an advocate on here about drafting him out of BC when he came out in 08.

Really? You advocated him on this forum in 2008? Your profile was created in 2011. Must have been quite a trick to pull off.

Personally, I loved Cherilus coming out of college, but those that were paying attention at the time will remember he was primarily a guard prospect.

Actually I had another profile on here before some stupid stuff got it locked. So yes I'm sure I've been on here alot longer than most of the ones that are here now. And yes I was advocating him. And I don't remember him being a guard prospect. He played RT for his first 3 years at BC and then switching to LT so I don't personally remember him ever being recruited as a guard.

Ramsfan4lyfe72. Not much creativity with me obviously. But the one guy on here was a complete idiot and I called him out on all the stuff and I think he reported me so it got locked.

I think I recall the guy your talking about.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as mid-round RT prospects, what do you guys think about Oday Aboushi, Chris Faulk, Ricky Wagner, and Brennan Williams? Aboushi could end up being a solid 3rd round grade and if Faulk and Williams check out medically, they could be solid options as well in the middle rounds.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Why would anyone vote for Barry Richardson? He was bad this year, just Bad. I sure as hell hope he is no where near this team next year.

I like Joseph Barksdale as a backup/developmental #3 OT, but I do not want him as my starting RT in 2013.

Vollmer, Loadholt, & Cherilus are all very likely to be out of our price range, and Im not sure I want to spend one of our first 3 picks (2 firsts & second) on strictly a RT. Now if they have the upside to be a LT we are having a different conversation.

I think our RT comes from another cheap vet (one with much more talent/upside than Richardson), a Draftee from somewhere in rounds 3-5, or a combination of the 2.

He really wasnt that bad. I think a better question is why wouldnt you vote for him? This would be assuming he plays well enough to do a decent job. Which would allow the team to focus on other areas of need.
You should really go back and rewatch Richardson, becasue he was that bad. I would even take a Late round pick over Richardson right now.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
As far as mid-round RT prospects, what do you guys think about Oday Aboushi, Chris Faulk, Ricky Wagner, and Brennan Williams? Aboushi could end up being a solid 3rd round grade and if Faulk and Williams check out medically, they could be solid options as well in the middle rounds.
I really really like Chris Faulk, but as the draft gets closer, nd if he can show he is healthy, I dont htink he will be a "Mid-round pick" I think he is a Top 50 pick, and actually wouldnt hate him with our 2nd rounder if he is there because he has the skills to be a LT. Manelik Watson is another guy who I really like, he is a pure athletic freak and a monster on the field, but he is starting to be pushed up the boards, and Im not sure a pure RT is a guy I would take in the Top 50. And the more I see of Fluker, the more I see why many say he needs to be a Guard.

Oday was just a mess at the Senior Bowl, and Im not sure where he fits anymore along an Offensive Line, much less where he should be drafted. And Ricky Wagner is a guy who I see as maxed out as a good backup Lineman (both at Tackle & Guard in a power scheme), not someone who I would trust to be my Starting RT all year.

As for the Mid-round guys who I really like, Brennan Williams tops the list for me, He is a massive man, with great strength and still some pretty good athleticism with a nice kick-slide. Kyle Long is another guy who I really like, and he is more of a project who I would love Coach Bou to take on, his versatility could be a great asset. Xavier Nixon is also another guy who I like and think could be a pick for us, he showed the ability to be a LT when he did great against Jarvis Jones & Demontre Moore this year but he is also a very good Run blocker.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Xavier Nixon is also another guy who I like and think could be a pick for us, he showed the ability to be a LT when he did great against Jarvis Jones & Demontre Moore this year but he is also a very good Run blocker.

Nixon is terrible. Do. Not. Want.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Xavier Nixon is also another guy who I like and think could be a pick for us, he showed the ability to be a LT when he did great against Jarvis Jones & Demontre Moore this year but he is also a very good Run blocker.

I dont know about Terrible, Awfully inconsistent is how I would describe him.

He has games like Georgia and Texas A&M, where he goes up against premier talents and looks good, which is what teams will see to entice them. But other games he gets beat constantly and he looks like he shouldnt be on the field. If we were to move back or acquire an extra pick later in the 4th or early 5th I wouldnt mind him at all. Not my top choice, but he is a guy who Ive heard the Rams are doing alot of Homework on him, even after the Senior Bowl.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

I dont know about Terrible, Awfully inconsistent is how I would describe him.

He has games like Georgia and Texas A&M, where he goes up against premier talents and looks good, which is what teams will see to entice them. But other games he gets beat constantly and he looks like he shouldnt be on the field. If we were to move back or acquire an extra pick later in the 4th or early 5th I wouldnt mind him at all. Not my top choice, but he is a guy who Ive heard the Rams are doing alot of Homework on him, even after the Senior Bowl.

Terrible. Nixon wasn't even that good against UGA. He gave up 2 sacks to Jones(although 1 wasn't entirely his fault) and got pushed around by Cornelius Washington.

He has issues keeping weight on and doesn't have great functional strength. Also has major inconsistencies with his ability to slide and mirror. I'm not overly high on him. Very talented physically but just doesn't look good on the field.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

I think I recall the guy your talking about.

You know, I think I just assumed you were the same Ramsfan4lyfe this whole time, as I never really paid attention to the number. I got banned from xbox live last night, and I haven't the slightest idea why. I wasn't talking or anything, just gaming. It was weird.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: