Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Culliver
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
757-NINER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
Bummed that we could've had Janoris Jenkins last year then we wouldn't even really be having this talk. Now we are looking for CB depth while questioning our receiving core. Im hopeful that AJ can get his mind right and perform next season.

If we have drafted Janoris, everyone would be calling him a bust instead of AJ. He would have been the 5th CB on the depth chart and never saw the field. He started for the Rams out of necessity basically. We would have had Rogers, Brown, Cully and Cox ahead of him and rightfully so. And ppl would have been complaing he wasn't good because he couldn't couldn't get on the field. Meanwhile, AJ would have probably caught a decent amount of balls for the Rams and looked like a guy with potential. Different teams, different talent levels, different circumstances. And its not like Janoris was lights out either. I recall Crabs having a field day with him both times we played them. Both of the Jenkins boys need to improve on their craft and get better. One just had more opportunities to showcase his abilities earlier than the other. Its hard to fault a guy with only one target in his first year. ONE. And he got open quite a few times from the All 22 I saw. Its a process. Worst thing to happen to AJ was being the 49ers first round draft pick after Aldon Smith. Nobody was going have the impact Aldon had as a rookie, yet that's what most were expecting. Not understanding the WR cupboard wasn't excatly bare before he got here.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:
Bummed that we could've had Janoris Jenkins last year then we wouldn't even really be having this talk. Now we are looking for CB depth while questioning our receiving core. Im hopeful that AJ can get his mind right and perform next season.

If we have drafted Janoris, everyone would be calling him a bust instead of AJ. He would have been the 5th CB on the depth chart and never saw the field. He started for the Rams out of necessity basically. We would have had Rogers, Brown, Cully and Cox ahead of him and rightfully so. And ppl would have been complaing he wasn't good because he couldn't couldn't get on the field. Meanwhile, AJ would have probably caught a decent amount of balls for the Rams and looked like a guy with potential. Different teams, different talent levels, different circumstances. And its not like Janoris was lights out either. I recall Crabs having a field day with him both times we played them. Both of the Jenkins boys need to improve on their craft and get better. One just had more opportunities to showcase his abilities earlier than the other. Its hard to fault a guy with only one target in his first year. ONE. And he got open quite a few times from the All 22 I saw. Its a process. Worst thing to happen to AJ was being the 49ers first round draft pick after Aldon Smith. Nobody was going have the impact Aldon had as a rookie, yet that's what most were expecting. Not understanding the WR cupboard wasn't excatly bare before he got here.

Completely disagree. Janoris Jenkins was much more Pro-ready than AJ was.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Gore Whore 21 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

Completely disagree. Jenkins was much more Pro-ready than aj was.

So you think he would have been on the field over Rogers, Brown and Culliver?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

Not necessarily, but I think he would have been playing over Cox possibly and I pretty confident he would have made more of an impact than AJ did. I'm not saying AJ is a bust or anything of that nature, just simply that Janoris was more prepared to start in the NFL. I think what AJ needs is to get stronger, he's got the speed and quickness to be a damn good receiver.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the whore (can I say that?) I think Janoris would have still played a roll in our D. depending on the team we were up against anything from 4-10 snaps a game. Not to mention his return ability. But I am still not against the AJ pick, we needed a WR and the FO thought he was the best one on the board. we didnt need to draft a CB but when there is a talent like that there its hard to not consider it which I'm sure they did.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

Not necessarily, but I think he would have been playing over Cox possibly and I pretty confident he would have made more of an impact than AJ did. I'm not saying AJ is a bust or anything of that nature, just simply that Janoris was more prepared to start in the NFL. I think what AJ needs is to get stronger, he's got the speed and quickness to be a damn good receiver.

I seriously disagree with the notion he would have started over Cox. The only reason Cox isn't starting opposite Champ Bailey in Denver is because he was charged with rape and subsequently released and was fighting for his freedom in court for a year, instead of playing football. Cox had a great rookie year and was the talk of the Broncos defense in 2009. Cox is not some waiver wire 'also ran'. He was Janoris Jenkins before anyone ever heard of Jenoris Jenkins. Cox has a ton of ability and it is not a forgone conclusion that Janoris would have seen the field over Cox. He could have taken STs reps from Brock maybe but I seriously doubt he would saw any amount of significant snaps on the defense. Especially considering all top 4 CBs remained healthy the entire season.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

I seriously disagree with the notion he would have started over Cox. The only reason Cox isn't starting opposite Champ Bailey in Denver is because he was charged with rape and subsequently released and was fighting for his freedom in court for a year, instead of playing football. Cox had a great rookie year and was the talk of the Broncos defense in 2009. Cox is not some waiver wire 'also ran'. He was Janoris Jenkins before anyone ever heard of Jenoris Jenkins. Cox has a ton of ability and it is not a forgone conclusion that Janoris would have seen the field over Cox. He could have taken STs reps from Brock maybe but I seriously doubt he would saw any amount of significant snaps on the defense. Especially considering all top 4 CBs remained healthy the entire season.

Cox wasn't that good when he was on the field this season. This isn't 2009 anymore. There was an article in november giving grades to players. At that time, Cox had played roughly 100 snaps, had been targeted 13 times and had allowed 12 catches. Had there been someone waiting in the wing, someone better than Tramaine Brock, it's not far-fetched to think he might have been replaced.

49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Worst thing to happen to AJ was being the 49ers first round draft pick after Aldon Smith. Nobody was going have the impact Aldon had as a rookie, yet that's what most were expecting. Not understanding the WR cupboard wasn't excatly bare before he got here.

Don't think it has anything to do with Aldon or not. You can't have a worse rookie year as a WR than AJ did. 0 catches, 1 drop. I'd be pissed with that no matter who the 1st round pick was before.

But its a new year and the slate has been wiped clean. Kaepernick looked just as lost last year as a rookie and QBed his team to the SB. That gives me hope that AJ can turn it on and do something with his career. I'm hoping for a good #2 WR that can be a deep threat.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
757-NINER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

Cox wasn't that good when he was on the field this season. This isn't 2009 anymore. There was an article in november giving grades to players. At that time, Cox had played roughly 100 snaps, had been targeted 13 times and had allowed 12 catches. Had there been someone waiting in the wing, someone better than Tramaine Brock, it's not far-fetched to think he might have been replaced.

This isn't 2009(actually it was 2010, that's my mistake) anymore, yet your championing a rookie who had -11.4 pass coverage rating as a full-time starter....last year. So help me understand that logic? The biggest thing Jenkins did was return 3 ints and a fumble for TDs. Defending the pass, the task he was drafted to do, he was dreadful. I stand by that statement....there's nothing concrete that tells us JJ would have beaten out Cox for the 4th CB spot.

Last edited by 757-NINER on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
blast wrote:

This isn't 2009(actually it was 2010, that's my mistake) anymore, yet your championing a rookie who had -11.4 pass coverage rating as a full-time starter....last year. So help me understand that logic? The biggest thing Jenkins did was return 3 ints and a fumble for TDs. Defending the pass, the task he was drafted to do, he was dreadful. I stand by that statement....there's nothing concrete that tells us JJ would have beaten out Cox for the 4th CB spot.

I'm not championing anyone. I was simply making a logical argument. I don't actually care.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: