Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Walking Dead (AMC) v3 *All Spoilers!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23295
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a full synopsis about next week, so if anyone wants it, shoot me a pm. I'd list some points and white it out, but I know some of you are weak and I don't want to tempt anyone. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikesGuy07


Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 4889
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
VikesGuy07 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Anyone else's eyes tear up a little bit when Daryl's arrow killed the walker attacking Rick.. Because..uh.. mine didn't. Lol jk. So glad to have him back. The fight will go to Woodbury and that's where they will reside IMO. 100% have to get out of prison

They aren't going to leave the prison. Glen already laid that out clearly. Hershel is on 1 leg, the baby would cry, etc.

They could easily move out. They have the tranportation, especially now with that truck that was carrying the walkers.


Want to know the biggest reason the group won't move out any time soon?

Because finding and shooting in new locations is expensive. And AMC makes the show operate on a pretty tight budget. That's the main reason the group was stuck on the farm for so long in S2.


You thought the farm was too long?? Reasoning? What is also the reasoning AMC is making it on a tight budget?? The ratings for this show are through the roof....


Why? I don't know why the budget has been cut with the successful ratings, but here's a little bit about it. Just Google AMC Walking Dead budget and you'll get a ton of articles and stuff.

And I wouldn't have minded a full season on the farm if the writers had anything to do with the characters while they were stuck there. But it felt like they ran out of ideas almost instantly. But whether you agree with that or not, budget constraints still hurt the show - maybe the writers wanted them to go more places, or have more zombie attacks, or hire a better actor/actress, or just bring in a new character, and they weren't allowed to.

Check out that shootout in Woodbury for the midseason finale, and then that spilled over into the midseason premiere. They didn't have very many extras (expensive), they had to use crappy smoke to hide the fact they were on a small set, and really couldn't do anything big except have the bullets keep missing.

The imprint of cheapness is very evident on the show sometimes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22169
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bcuz the show has outstanding ratings doesn't mean it's turning a big profit. AMC could be losing money on other shows so why would they throw more money at one that is already successful as is?
_________________


Amari Cooper for Heisman - 90 rec. 1349 yds, 11 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19796
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?


Everyone gets eaten by zombies. Last shot is everybody closing in on the baby.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19796
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't paying attention to what time it was and thought the episode was ending with Rick/Herschel talking. Then Axel gets his head blown off and all hellbreaks loose.

I liked the episode as a whole even before the ending. Scene with Daryl/Merle in the woods was great.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I wasn't paying attention to what time it was and thought the episode was ending with Rick/Herschel talking. Then Axel gets his head blown off and all hellbreaks loose.

I liked the episode as a whole even before the ending. Scene with Daryl/Merle in the woods was great.


Me too. I loved how Glenn also loses his mind while trying to lead the group, those scenes with Glenn are extremely important to show everyone that he isn't fit to lead. If it isn't for RIck, this group would be dead long ago.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12321
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikesGuy07 wrote:
Why? I don't know why the budget has been cut with the successful ratings, but here's a little bit about it. Just Google AMC Walking Dead budget and you'll get a ton of articles and stuff.

And I wouldn't have minded a full season on the farm if the writers had anything to do with the characters while they were stuck there. But it felt like they ran out of ideas almost instantly. But whether you agree with that or not, budget constraints still hurt the show - maybe the writers wanted them to go more places, or have more zombie attacks, or hire a better actor/actress, or just bring in a new character, and they weren't allowed to.

Check out that shootout in Woodbury for the midseason finale, and then that spilled over into the midseason premiere. They didn't have very many extras (expensive), they had to use crappy smoke to hide the fact they were on a small set, and really couldn't do anything big except have the bullets keep missing.

The imprint of cheapness is very evident on the show sometimes.


Unfortunately w/ a stale type of show, there comes limitations. Especially since they're trying to keep it realistic. I mean, how much can really happen in the middle of no where, on a farm, w/ a zombie apocalypse going on?? I also don't see the budget constraints but I haven't read the article you linked. There are plenty of extras in this show and the make-up alone must cost a pretty penny. Again, where is there really a budget to spend?? They spent one season in an old house, most of it in the woods, and now there's a prison and a small town. This can be shot anywhere. I don't find it "cheap" I find it lifelike.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2091
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?


The baby ends up being the answer to the cure. She is born without the Z Virus (Z standing for Zombie) and they are able to create the necessary vaccine from her blood to cure anyone who is still alive in the world. Those who are still alive end up rebuilding what is left of civilization.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good zombie apocalypse just as much as the next guy but having practically every zombie movie/show/comic end up with absolutely no solution has become a bit old. The book World War Z has been the exception to the rule but every other instance of a Zombie apocalypse always seem to end very poorly.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12321
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?




Peace!!


Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???
_________________


PM sig requests.


Last edited by JTagg7754 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2091
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?


EDITED B/C I HOPE THIS MORON IS LYING ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THIS.

Peace!!


Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???


I'm confused, are you talking to me?? I didn't give any spoilers away at all. I would never do that. I've never read the comic and I was just answering GBForce question about how I would like for it to end. What I wrote was not literal in any sense in regards to how the show truly ends. The show could very easly end up ina variety of scenarios.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12321
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?


EDITED B/C I HOPE THIS MORON IS LYING ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THIS.

Peace!!


Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???


I'm confused, are you talking to me?? I didn't give any spoilers away at all. I would never do that. I've never read the comic and I was just answering GBForce question about how I would like for it to end. What I wrote was not literal in any sense in regards to how the show truly ends. The show could very easly end up ina variety of scenarios.

Peace!!


OK I was confused. I didn't think you were giving YOUR interpretation but instead, I thought you were giving the actual way it ended. False alarm. My bad.

EDIT: You still hinted about World War Z which I could find a problem w/ haha but I'm relieved that I read too much into your post.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2091
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?


EDITED B/C I HOPE THIS MORON IS LYING ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THIS.

Peace!!


Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???


I'm confused, are you talking to me?? I didn't give any spoilers away at all. I would never do that. I've never read the comic and I was just answering GBForce question about how I would like for it to end. What I wrote was not literal in any sense in regards to how the show truly ends. The show could very easly end up ina variety of scenarios.

Peace!!


OK I was confused. I didn't think you were giving YOUR interpretation but instead, I thought you were giving the actual way it ended. False alarm. My bad.

EDIT: You still hinted about World War Z which I could find a problem w/ haha but I'm relieved that I read too much into your post.


No problem. I'm not the type of person to give out spoilers about things but I do apologize for the World War Z comment. Regardsless, if you haven't read it, YOU SHOULD. It's a great book and my little tidbit about it will not ruin it for you one bit.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12321
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:

No problem. I'm not the type of person to give out spoilers about things but I do apologize for the World War Z comment. Regardsless, if you haven't read it, YOU SHOULD. It's a great book and my little tidbit about it will not ruin it for you one bit.

Peace!!


Yeah I get ya. I think by not reading too much of the post prior and then reading your WWZ comment, I thought you were on a mission to come in here and ruin everyone's day for whatever reason.

If I had time to read, I would. Unfortunately, ain't nobody got time for that!!
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Anyone else's eyes tear up a little bit when Daryl's arrow killed the walker attacking Rick.. Because..uh.. mine didn't. Lol jk. So glad to have him back. The fight will go to Woodbury and that's where they will reside IMO. 100% have to get out of prison


I thought the scenes leading up to Daryl deciding to return to the group were among the most genuinely moving episodes that the show has put together in awhile.


Did anyone else notice Daryl and Merle's discussion while in the woods? How Daryl was saying they were heading towards "Yellow Creek" (something like that) and Merle was laughing, saying how hanging with the Prison crew had dulled his sense of direction?

Following the battle on the bridge, it pans out as Daryl is walking away. The bridge's name? "Yellow Creek Bridge". Daryl was right the whole time. Very Happy
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Anyone else's eyes tear up a little bit when Daryl's arrow killed the walker attacking Rick.. Because..uh.. mine didn't. Lol jk. So glad to have him back. The fight will go to Woodbury and that's where they will reside IMO. 100% have to get out of prison


I thought the scenes leading up to Daryl deciding to return to the group were among the most genuinely moving episodes that the show has put together in awhile.


Did anyone else notice Daryl and Merle's discussion while in the woods? How Daryl was saying they were heading towards "Yellow Creek" (something like that) and Merle was laughing, saying how hanging with the Prison crew had dulled his sense of direction?

Following the battle on the bridge, it pans out as Daryl is walking away. The bridge's name? "Yellow Creek Bridge". Daryl was right the whole time. Very Happy


I think it was Yellow Jacket Creek.

But yeah, someone caught that.

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
It WAS the Yellow Jacket River.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group