Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Walking Dead (AMC) v3 *All Spoilers!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a full synopsis about next week, so if anyone wants it, shoot me a pm. I'd list some points and white it out, but I know some of you are weak and I don't want to tempt anyone. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
VikesGuy07 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Anyone else's eyes tear up a little bit when Daryl's arrow killed the walker attacking Rick.. Because..uh.. mine didn't. Lol jk. So glad to have him back. The fight will go to Woodbury and that's where they will reside IMO. 100% have to get out of prison

They aren't going to leave the prison. Glen already laid that out clearly. Hershel is on 1 leg, the baby would cry, etc.

They could easily move out. They have the tranportation, especially now with that truck that was carrying the walkers.

Want to know the biggest reason the group won't move out any time soon?

Because finding and shooting in new locations is expensive. And AMC makes the show operate on a pretty tight budget. That's the main reason the group was stuck on the farm for so long in S2.

You thought the farm was too long?? Reasoning? What is also the reasoning AMC is making it on a tight budget?? The ratings for this show are through the roof....

Why? I don't know why the budget has been cut with the successful ratings, but here's a little bit about it. Just Google AMC Walking Dead budget and you'll get a ton of articles and stuff.

And I wouldn't have minded a full season on the farm if the writers had anything to do with the characters while they were stuck there. But it felt like they ran out of ideas almost instantly. But whether you agree with that or not, budget constraints still hurt the show - maybe the writers wanted them to go more places, or have more zombie attacks, or hire a better actor/actress, or just bring in a new character, and they weren't allowed to.

Check out that shootout in Woodbury for the midseason finale, and then that spilled over into the midseason premiere. They didn't have very many extras (expensive), they had to use crappy smoke to hide the fact they were on a small set, and really couldn't do anything big except have the bullets keep missing.

The imprint of cheapness is very evident on the show sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bcuz the show has outstanding ratings doesn't mean it's turning a big profit. AMC could be losing money on other shows so why would they throw more money at one that is already successful as is?

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 90 rec. 1349 yds, 11 TDs
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBforce12 wrote:
Saw this on another forum, but I thought I would ask it here.....

How would you like the tv series to end?

Everyone gets eaten by zombies. Last shot is everybody closing in on the baby.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't paying attention to what time it was and thought the episode was ending with Rick/Herschel talking. Then Axel gets his head blown off and all hellbreaks loose.

I liked the episode as a whole even before the ending. Scene with Daryl/Merle in the woods was great.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I wasn't paying attention to what time it was and thought the episode was ending with Rick/Herschel talking. Then Axel gets his head blown off and all hellbreaks loose.

I liked the episode as a whole even before the ending. Scene with Daryl/Merle in the woods was great.

Me too. I loved how Glenn also loses his mind while trying to lead the group, those scenes with Glenn are extremely important to show everyone that he isn't fit to lead. If it isn't for RIck, this group would be dead long ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikesGuy07 wrote:
Why? I don't know why the budget has been cut with the successful ratings, but here's a little bit about it. Just Google AMC Walking Dead budget and you'll get a ton of articles and stuff.

And I wouldn't have minded a full season on the farm if the writers had anything to do with the characters while they were stuck there. But it felt like they ran out of ideas almost instantly. But whether you agree with that or not, budget constraints still hurt the show - maybe the writers wanted them to go more places, or have more zombie attacks, or hire a better actor/actress, or just bring in a new character, and they weren't allowed to.

Check out that shootout in Woodbury for the midseason finale, and then that spilled over into the midseason premiere. They didn't have very many extras (expensive), they had to use crappy smoke to hide the fact they were on a small set, and really couldn't do anything big except have the bullets keep missing.

The imprint of cheapness is very evident on the show sometimes.

Unfortunately w/ a stale type of show, there comes limitations. Especially since they're trying to keep it realistic. I mean, how much can really happen in the middle of no where, on a farm, w/ a zombie apocalypse going on?? I also don't see the budget constraints but I haven't read the article you linked. There are plenty of extras in this show and the make-up alone must cost a pretty penny. Again, where is there really a budget to spend?? They spent one season in an old house, most of it in the woods, and now there's a prison and a small town. This can be shot anywhere. I don't find it "cheap" I find it lifelike.

PM sig requests.
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBforce12 wrote:

The baby ends up being the answer to the cure. She is born without the Z Virus (Z standing for Zombie) and they are able to create the necessary vaccine from her blood to cure anyone who is still alive in the world. Those who are still alive end up rebuilding what is left of civilization.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good zombie apocalypse just as much as the next guy but having practically every zombie movie/show/comic end up with absolutely no solution has become a bit old. The book World War Z has been the exception to the rule but every other instance of a Zombie apocalypse always seem to end very poorly.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:

Peace!!

Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:

EDITED B/C I HOPE THIS MORON IS LYING ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THIS.

Peace!!

Cool, thanks for spoiling it. Now I have to hope that the TV show strays from the comic. Why would you even come into a thread and say this???

I'm confused, are you talking to me?? I didn't give any spoilers away at all. I would never do that. I've never read the comic and I was just answering GBForce question about how I would like for it to end. What I wrote was not literal in any sense in regards to how the show truly ends. The show could very easly end up ina variety of scenarios.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:

Peace!!

I'm confused, are you talking to me?? I didn't give any spoilers away at all. I would never do that. I've never read the comic and I was just answering GBForce question about how I would like for it to end. What I wrote was not literal in any sense in regards to how the show truly ends. The show could very easly end up ina variety of scenarios.

Peace!!

OK I was confused. I didn't think you were giving YOUR interpretation but instead, I thought you were giving the actual way it ended. False alarm. My bad.

EDIT: You still hinted about World War Z which I could find a problem w/ haha but I'm relieved that I read too much into your post.

PM sig requests.
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
GBforce12 wrote:

Peace!!

Peace!!

OK I was confused. I didn't think you were giving YOUR interpretation but instead, I thought you were giving the actual way it ended. False alarm. My bad.

EDIT: You still hinted about World War Z which I could find a problem w/ haha but I'm relieved that I read too much into your post.

No problem. I'm not the type of person to give out spoilers about things but I do apologize for the World War Z comment. Regardsless, if you haven't read it, YOU SHOULD. It's a great book and my little tidbit about it will not ruin it for you one bit.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:

No problem. I'm not the type of person to give out spoilers about things but I do apologize for the World War Z comment. Regardsless, if you haven't read it, YOU SHOULD. It's a great book and my little tidbit about it will not ruin it for you one bit.

Peace!!

Yeah I get ya. I think by not reading too much of the post prior and then reading your WWZ comment, I thought you were on a mission to come in here and ruin everyone's day for whatever reason.

If I had time to read, I would. Unfortunately, ain't nobody got time for that!!

PM sig requests.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
Anyone else's eyes tear up a little bit when Daryl's arrow killed the walker attacking Rick.. Because..uh.. mine didn't. Lol jk. So glad to have him back. The fight will go to Woodbury and that's where they will reside IMO. 100% have to get out of prison

I thought the scenes leading up to Daryl deciding to return to the group were among the most genuinely moving episodes that the show has put together in awhile.

Did anyone else notice Daryl and Merle's discussion while in the woods? How Daryl was saying they were heading towards "Yellow Creek" (something like that) and Merle was laughing, saying how hanging with the Prison crew had dulled his sense of direction?

Following the battle on the bridge, it pans out as Daryl is walking away. The bridge's name? "Yellow Creek Bridge". Daryl was right the whole time. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:

I thought the scenes leading up to Daryl deciding to return to the group were among the most genuinely moving episodes that the show has put together in awhile.

Did anyone else notice Daryl and Merle's discussion while in the woods? How Daryl was saying they were heading towards "Yellow Creek" (something like that) and Merle was laughing, saying how hanging with the Prison crew had dulled his sense of direction?

Following the battle on the bridge, it pans out as Daryl is walking away. The bridge's name? "Yellow Creek Bridge". Daryl was right the whole time. Very Happy

I think it was Yellow Jacket Creek.

But yeah, someone caught that.

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
It WAS the Yellow Jacket River.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: