Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release veteran DB Charles Woodson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Lions WR Nate Burleson & Steelers S Ryan Clark each pleaded for free agent CB Charles Woodson to join their teams on @NFL_AM on NFL Network.

http://twitter.com/wyche89/statuses/303537276472922113

i just don't see why he'd sign with detroit at all. not even being a jerk, but what's the point. it's cold weather and a team that let's be honest, isn't a super bowl contender next year. let's remember, he prolly would've been a tampa bay buc if they offered to keep him at CB instead of S. luckily things worked out, and he fell in love here, but overall, i know weather is important to him.

lis before, unless it's like the patriots or giants or something, can't see him signing with a cold weather team that has no realistic shot of winning the whole thing next year.

El Ramster on the amazing work
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
My guess is it would take significantly more money + a contender to sign with someone else IF WE EXTENDED an offer.

Yep. And I don't see how we don't extend him an offer.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
My guess is it would take significantly more money + a contender to sign with someone else IF WE EXTENDED an offer.

Yep. And I don't see how we don't extend him an offer.

I'll be rather surprised if we do. If you read TT's statement regarding Charles it seemed to say "Thanks and good luck". For a team in need of speed on our defense resigning CW isn't a step in that direction. Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Saints need S help.

unfortunately, they also need cap help.

Green Bay's biggest need is safety help.

Should tell ya something Wink

...That Rodgers is going to get another contract soon. That's what it says.

Well, the safety situation has absolutely nothing to do with that fact. Rodgers being the best player in the NFL and making half of what the top QBs does.

I understand what you're alluding to, but Woodson had only one more year while Rodgers has 2, so essentially GB could have kept Woody and gotten his $10million off the books in time to extend Rodgers a full year before his contract runs out too.

Woodson just isn't that good anymore. He's an in the box safety that's a liability covering the slot.

Actually, the best player in the NFL this year was wearing a PURPLE jersey with the number 28 on it. Wink

Rodgers is way underpaid though. I think Ted is going to go into mourning after Rogers signs his next contract.

Regarding Woodson, even though he has lost a couple of steps, I'll be glad to see him go. He has made a ton of plays on us during his years in Green Bay. He has had a great career and will end up in the Hall of Fame for sure.

I don't blame the Packers for letting him go though. He's getting older, making a lot of money, and the team would benefit more from having the cap space that he's taking up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: