Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5940
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ

So your going to bench Hawkins
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5521
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkins is a situatuion player at best. He and sanu in the slot in 4 WR sets will be fine. And it's not like this team doesn't rotate players anyway. Just because Sanu is the "starting" slot WR doesn't mean hawkins wouldn't get 25-30 snaps a game.


As for BPA, I am all for it as long as it either a) hits a need or b) addresses a potential future need (think along the lines of when we took Whitworth even though we had just extended Levi Jones).

In no way would the team take BPA at a position where the player had no chance to contribute immediately, like QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ

So your going to bench Hawkins


You can rotate him in, make him a situational player, or have him in during 4 WR sets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1653
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ

So your going to bench Hawkins


You can rotate him in, make him a situational player, or have him in during 4 WR sets.


While Hawkins made a couple huge plays this year, I don't think he makes the rosters on 95% of NFL teams. If we are replacing him with a better talent, I have no problems with benching him for a better player or cutting him altogether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23212
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ

So your going to bench Hawkins


You can rotate him in, make him a situational player, or have him in during 4 WR sets.


While Hawkins made a couple huge plays this year, I don't think he makes the rosters on 95% of NFL teams. If we are replacing him with a better talent, I have no problems with benching him for a better player or cutting him altogether.


He is solid. Would be better as a situational guy rather than a promised starter. I would like to see Sanu as our slot guy. Reminds me of TJ so much
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1653
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot


Yea I do to, but he isnt really a deep threat, he's more of a slot kinda guy. We need someone who can take the top off of a defense besides AJ

So your going to bench Hawkins


You can rotate him in, make him a situational player, or have him in during 4 WR sets.


While Hawkins made a couple huge plays this year, I don't think he makes the rosters on 95% of NFL teams. If we are replacing him with a better talent, I have no problems with benching him for a better player or cutting him altogether.


He is solid. Would be better as a situational guy rather than a promised starter. I would like to see Sanu as our slot guy. Reminds me of TJ so much


Agreed. But as long as we are improving, I don't really care what the name says on the back of the jersey. It is the nature of the beast, if you're not one of the top 45, you aren't going to play on Sunday. The best teams replace players with more talent than Hawkins every year. If we bring in a better player who out produces him, I am ok with it.

On the other side, if he steps up and fills that 3-4 WR spot and produces, I am ok with that too. As long as we are improving as a team, that is all I care about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group