Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Micheal Floyd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoj398

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Micheal Floyd Reply with quote

Whats up with him? is he living up to the potential or is he just another receiver around the league. i know this is going to be he second season. but how'd he look in his first season? outsider asking a question
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Micheal Floyd Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Whats up with him? is he living up to the potential or is he just another receiver around the league. i know this is going to be he second season. but how'd he look in his first season? outsider asking a question

Very well all things considering. He struggled the beginning of the season with drops and such but he improved down the stretch. If we had a decent QB you probably wouldn't be asking us this question because he would have gotten a lot more recognition.

Also those character concerns coming out of college haven't been a problem at all. He's got his head on straight.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Micheal Floyd Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:

With a QB problem, he was limited in opportunities. Early on, he had issues with alignment and progressed through the year. Eventually, he leaped to 3rd on the depth chart and it was Fitz, Roberts, Floyd on a lot of 3 WR sets. He finished the season with a great game against San Francisco with Brian Hoyer throwing him the ball (8 catches, 166 yards, 1 TD).

He's as advertised in blocking, as he often blew up the CB he was assigned to block.

I think he'll grow and have a bigger impact next season, pending who might be throwing him the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael Flyod going to have a break out year. Honestly. Last year between the QB/O-line schuffle I'm not sure what people expected. I watched him four times a year at ND when he played Michigan/Michigan State and the dude has some serious skills if someone can get him the ball. I mean Larry Fitzgerald for arguements sake is a top 5 at least still and had a MAJOR decline in production, and he's one of the best! Fully believe stability at QB and along the line will help out the WHOLE offense significantly. Not just Flyod's numbers.

Idk whats up with these character concerns... Dude went to a pretty well respected chatholic school. ND can only put up with so much(Though the Te'O thing throws a wrench into my statement Embarassed )
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Micheal Floyd Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
He's as advertised in blocking, as he often blew up the CB he was assigned to block.

I remember this play! It's probably my favorite one of the season! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's ready to go!!!!
Fitz, Andre and Floyd. What!?!?!?!
Now if we can just get the damn ball to them.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught a couple Cardinal games later in the year and he seemed to be playing well considering the QB situation, Glad to hear the charecter concerns aren't a problem I thought they were always overblown.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was one of my favorite guys last draft. i think once you guys get even a decent qb and line. that passing game is going to be crazy good. fitz and floyd Shocked

look forward to watching him progress

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: