Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

G-Men's First Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G-Men1994

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: G-Men's First Mock Draft Reply with quote

Hello, people this is my first time in this forum, so take it easy haha Laughing

1st Round. Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia - I think this guy can really contribute day one for our team. Ogletree is probably one of the most athletic ILB in the draft, and we all know how Reese likes athletic players (even though we all know that he doesn't draft LB in the 1st).

2nd Round: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut - Wreh-Wilson is a big cornerback with very long arms. I really like his playing skills and he phisicality.

3rd Round: Kyle Long, OT Oregon - Long is a project from my perspective. He a big, big player and has lots of upside.

4th Round: Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina - This is probably one of my favorite players in the draft. He is massive and I think he is overshadowed by the beast in Jadeveon Clowney.

5th Round: Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA - Fauria was a great red zone threat and we all know that the Giants were bad in the redzone this year. Bennett might not be coming back so Fauria makes sense right here.

6th Round: Brandon Williams, DT Missouri Southern - This is a guy from a small school that flashed some great abilities the Senior Bowl. With the release of Canty Williams could add some depth to our DT court.

7th Round: Dustin Hopkins, K Florida State - I think it is time for us to move on from Tynes so Hopkins would also make sense in the 7th.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Men1994 wrote:
Hello, people this is my first time in this forum, so take it easy haha

Hello and welcome to the forum Very Happy dont worry we're nice guys around here Laughing

Not hating on the mock but this is a very "projected draft", which I dont mind. Many of these guys have been projected to go to us and would really fit our system well.

Dont like the Fauria pick, as of my knowledge right now we have 3 tight ends and plan on keeping all 3. Dont really understand the need for a 4th.

Everything else is splendid and would make me a happy camper if they were to come around draft day.

Also 2 new guys in one day Laughing thats awesome!!

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum and stick around for years to come

I'm Possible
G-Men1994

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yeah I was thinking picking Fauria, mainly if Bennett left us. I heard some rumors of Tampa Bay wanting him and try to make a deal with his brother so, I thought if he left Fauria could contribute.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you got a new avy (pic under your name)

Just an fyi rules say they can be no bigger than 80x80 mainly because of it stretching the page.

I'm Possible
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

I love your first two picks. Those guys have special physical gifts and I feel will develop into great players.

I like all your other picks also. Fill needs. Great value late.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Alec Ogletree- A athletic LB in a pass heavy league

Blidi Wreh-Wilson- Lengthy corner, but I don't think he is 2nd round talent.

Kyle Long- Fills a need, athletic, and in a football family.

Devin Taylor- Great pick, loved this guy from the beginning, I'm sure everyone here can tell you.

Joseph Fauria- I understand the pick, if Bennett can't be resigned. However Fauria is projected to go 7th round or undrafted and we are not 100% sure whether or not Bennett is coming back. If we do want a TE in the 5th I say we hope that Dion Sims falls and grab him.

Brandon Williams- 99% sure he doesn't fall down here, he is a 1-3rd round talent.

Dustin Hopkins- Kicker. We need a kicker. So good pick

So other than your 5th and 6th round pick and the 2nd round reach, its a good mock.
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't expect the Giants to take LB in the first round. Just not their style.
Gmen4ev wrote:
Dont like the Fauria pick, as of my knowledge right now we have 3 tight ends and plan on keeping all 3. Dont really understand the need for a 4th.

Bennett is a free agent. It's still possible he comes back since we're so early in the off-season so the Fauria pick does not look bad right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: G-Men's First Mock Draft Reply with quote

G-Men1994 wrote:
Hello, people this is my first time in this forum, so take it easy haha Laughing

1st Round. Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia - I think this guy can really contribute day one for our team. Ogletree is probably one of the most athletic ILB in the draft, and we all know how Reese likes athletic players (even though we all know that he doesn't draft LB in the 1st).

2nd Round: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut - Wreh-Wilson is a big cornerback with very long arms. I really like his playing skills and he phisicality.

3rd Round: Kyle Long, OT Oregon - Long is a project from my perspective. He a big, big player and has lots of upside.

4th Round: Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina - This is probably one of my favorite players in the draft. He is massive and I think he is overshadowed by the beast in Jadeveon Clowney.

5th Round: Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA - Fauria was a great red zone threat and we all know that the Giants were bad in the redzone this year. Bennett might not be coming back so Fauria makes sense right here.

6th Round: Brandon Williams, DT Missouri Southern - This is a guy from a small school that flashed some great abilities the Senior Bowl. With the release of Canty Williams could add some depth to our DT court.

7th Round: Dustin Hopkins, K Florida State - I think it is time for us to move on from Tynes so Hopkins would also make sense in the 7th.

Welcome to our forum! The drafts not bad, but Ogletree's off the field stuff makes me nervous. I like CB in the 2nd, dont know much about that prospect though. Long's a value pick in the 3rd. I think DT is a much bigger need than a 6th round gamble
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I didn't realize Fauria was projected to go so low. The few games I saw of him, I thought he looked pretty good. What don't scouts like about him? 6'7" 260 and had 12 TDs this past season. Not very often you find a man of that size and catching ability. Could be a steal for who ever lands him.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: