Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HARVIN for FITZGERALD???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jam8891

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: HARVIN for FITZGERALD??? Reply with quote

OK! Before you go off on me... There is not source saying that this is even remotely a shot to happen.

This is just a thought of mine. I personally do not want to get rid of Harvin at all and I have been extremely stubborn on that front with anyone i have spoken to about the possibility of him being traded. BUT, I thought about it a little while and tried to think if there was any scenario at all where I would be ok with him leaving the Vikings and really the only thing that seems acceptable to me is this scenario that I have played out in my mind. Just wanted to know your opinions on it. Thank You
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

That is all.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: HARVIN for FITZGERALD??? Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
OK! Before you go off on me... There is not source saying that this is even remotely a shot to happen.

This is just a thought of mine. I personally do not want to get rid of Harvin at all and I have been extremely stubborn on that front with anyone i have spoken to about the possibility of him being traded. BUT, I thought about it a little while and tried to think if there was any scenario at all where I would be ok with him leaving the Vikings and really the only thing that seems acceptable to me is this scenario that I have played out in my mind. Just wanted to know your opinions on it. Thank You

It would and could never happen because of Fitzgeralds cap #, but, let me just entertain you.

The only way the trade would happen is Fitz for Harvin plus picks.. and we're probably looking at the very least a 2nd round pick and likely a 1st and 2nd round pick. Fitz is in his prime and Harvin, while he is an intriguing guy.. the headache he can bring is making a lot of NFL execs/people think he'll fetch a 3rd round pick at best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: HARVIN for FITZGERALD??? Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
jam8891 wrote:

It would and could never happen because of Fitzgeralds cap #, but, let me just entertain you.

The only way the trade would happen is Fitz for Harvin plus picks.. and we're probably looking at the very least a 2nd round pick and likely a 1st and 2nd round pick. Fitz is in his prime and Harvin, while he is an intriguing guy.. the headache he can bring is making a lot of NFL execs/people think he'll fetch a 3rd round pick at best.

Good choice of words since he's gotten migraines that keep him out of games/practices.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah you caught my subtle attempt at humor there lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz would want to go to a real contender, is minny that close yet?

Is ponder really better than kolb?

Ignoring the cap charge we would have to have, have to be harvin and at least a 2nd and 3rd for me.

Also what about fitz for your first and third?
jam8891

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Ignoring the cap charge we would have to have, have to be harvin and at least a 2nd and 3rd for me.

Well, first off, we wouldn't trade Harvin and a 1st or a 1st and 2nd like previously stated...Thats just not going to happen but. Harvin and a 2nd could be a possibilty. Again this is just my personal interest but to answer your question, A 1st and 3rd. If it was up to me,just because I like Fitzgerald so much, I would probably be inclined to pull the trigger on it. But im not the head of the front office and Rick Spielman is... and there is absolutely no way he does that.

Unless its the most crucial of circumstances...like we have to trade away Harvin, do not get any top talent free agent WR's and being the 23rd pick we wouldn't be getting any top caliber WR with that. Then, just maybe, ol' Rick does something kind of like he did with the Jared Allen trade and goes after Fitzgerald. Does that make sense?
jam8891

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Well, Im sure Fitz wouldnt have a problem going to Minnesota seeing as he has history here. Are we a contender? Well we went to the playoffs this past year with a 10-6 record and while Peterson had an amazing year, there were games where we relied on Ponder to keep us in it in order to win and he did. Then halfway through the season, he lost Harvin due to injury and still made plays with WR's like Michael Jenkins, Jarius Wright, Devin Aromashadu and TE Kyle Rudolph. None of those WR would be above a 3rd string in the NFL. So along with Peterson; He improved a tremendous amount while having no clear cut number 1 receiver and being forced to spread the ball around and go through his progression and read all options instead of going to his first target like much young QB do.

Do I believe he's solidified himself as one of the top QB in the league. Not at all. but do I think he would drastically improve if given the skill set of Harvin or Fitzgerald or Greg Jennings. Then probably an early draft receiver? Definitely.

The defense plays at a high level. Always has. The special team was surprisingly very good. I only expect that success to continue. I also completely trust the coaching.... So yes, I honestly believe if given the opportunity, Fitzgerald would have no problem at all with going to Minnesota.

Very Happy
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some talk about the Redskins looking to trade for Fitzgerald.
No idea how legit it is.

But if so, that means they believe they can get Fitz for less than a 1st rd pick. (since we don't have one)

I think our 2nd and a conditional 4th or something like that, could get it done.
After all...he will be 30 in August.

I thought we would be targeting a #1 wr in FA, like a Bowe or Wallace.
But Fitz would be awesome.
He's the consummate Pro.

Now, I have no idea what CAP implications would involve you guys trading Fitz, or us even having the CAP to handle his contract. (as we have some restructuring to do this yr)

But no doubt we could use a stud, to pair up with P. Garcon.
Fitz of course being the #1.

And you guys may look to draft a QB in the 2nd rd as well. (maybe Matt Barkley?)
You would have 2 of them to play with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
There's some talk about the Redskins looking to trade for Fitzgerald.
No idea how legit it is.

But if so, that means they believe they can get Fitz for less than a 1st rd pick. (since we don't have one)

I think our 2nd and a conditional 4th or something like that, could get it done.
After all...he will be 30 in August.

I thought we would be targeting a #1 wr in FA, like a Bowe or Wallace.
But Fitz would be awesome.
He's the consummate Pro.

Now, I have no idea what CAP implications would involve you guys trading Fitz, or us even having the CAP to handle his contract. (as we have some restructuring to do this yr)

But no doubt we could use a stud, to pair up with P. Garcon.
Fitz of course being the #1.

And you guys may look to draft a QB in the 2nd rd as well. (maybe Matt Barkley?)
You would have 2 of them to play with.

The talk is wrong.

It's been said already that Fitzgerald against the cap would be about the same as his current cap number for the season.

Kent Somers: "In August of 2011, Fitzgerald signed an extension that includes a $10 million signing bonus and a $15 million option bonus. For cap purposes, those numbers are prorated through the contract.

At least $15 million of Fitzgerald's bonuses have yet to be accounted for under the salary cap. I won't get into some of the arcane cap rules, but if the Cardinals traded Fitzgerald, they would still be on the hook for that $15 million.

So, yes, they could trade Fitzgerald. His contract doesn't have a no-trade clause, something his previous one did. But the cap hit would be $15 million. That's a large sum, even if the team was able to spread it over more than one season."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly talk.
I have thoughts like that sometimes when I get too high.
I just don't post them on forums.
Cool
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: HARVIN for FITZGERALD??? Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
jam8891 wrote:

Good choice of words since he's gotten migraines that keep him out of games/practices.

Love the Wordplay fellas but Percy hasn't had migraines in 2 years. He was found to have sleep apnea and has recieved proper treatment and the Migraines are no longer an issue.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: