Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Price check on WR Moore, please?

In addition could we add asking prices to our trading block? Discuss.

A 3rd.

Who's left on our trading block? McFadden, Kelly, DHB and Jones?

Should we start shopping #3?

If we want to make an offer for Vollmer we have to send it before tonight 8PM est.
Would you guys want to submit a reasonable offer for Connor Barwin as well?
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Price check on WR Moore, please?

In addition could we add asking prices to our trading block? Discuss.

A 3rd.

Who's left on our trading block? McFadden, Kelly, DHB and Jones?

Should we start shopping #3?

If we want to make an offer for Vollmer we have to send it before tonight 8PM est.
Would you guys want to submit a reasonable offer for Connor Barwin as well?

Yes to shopping #3
Yes to Barwin
Yes to Vollmer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtagg has sent the offer for Vollmer. We still have time to make an offer for Barwin if enough people give their opinion about it.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Jtagg has sent the offer for Vollmer. We still have time to make an offer for Barwin if enough people give their opinion about it.

Yes to Barwin

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been vigilantly shopping #3 with no buyers as of yet. Our best option may be to incrementally trade down by drafting the BPA regardless of position and then shopping the prospect. I know there a quite a few teams that rebuffed us shopping Branch because they are high on Vaccarro. I'm not advocating drafting him at #3 merely suggesting there are sexy prospects such as Star, Jordan and Vaccarro while FFMD GMs are disproportionally disinterested in a prospect such as Joeckel who potentially could fall to us. Rhetorically, suppose you thought Jesse Williams was the best value run stopper in the draft. Would you draft Star and offer him to the team that drafted Williams + a second or would you draft Vaccarro @ #15 if it was obvious a team like Cincy had coordinated around his selection for #16?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
We have been vigilantly shopping #3 with no buyers as of yet. Our best option may be to incrementally trade down by drafting the BPA regardless of position and then shopping the prospect. I know there a quite a few teams that rebuffed us shopping Branch because they are high on Vaccarro. I'm not advocating drafting him at #3 merely suggesting there are sexy prospects such as Star, Jordan and Vaccarro while FFMD GMs are disproportionally disinterested in a prospect such as Joeckel who potentially could fall to us. Rhetorically, suppose you thought Jesse Williams was the best value run stopper in the draft. Would you draft Star and offer him to the team that drafted Williams + a second or would you draft Vaccarro @ #15 if it was obvious a team like Cincy had coordinated around his selection for #16?

Quote:
***You are now allowed to trade a draft pick once you select a player. You cannot trade the rights to a player. You can trade a pick to another team and they can make the selection, but you are not allowed to pick a player and then make the trade later. Besides Eli Manning and John Elway rights to players are never traded so we do not want encourage this. Trading is allowed but not after your select a player.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512291
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I will receive offers for the third pick once draft day rolls around. When I did this two years ago, I got offers for almost every pick. Not saying any were great b/c most weren't but I do feel offers will come up.

PM sig requests.
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin would be beastly.

What about the secondary. Could I maybe help filling in the gaps in our secondary?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
Barwin would be beastly.

What about the secondary. Could I maybe help filling in the gaps in our secondary?

We currently have bids on both Barwin and Volmer. Props to OakDB for getting the contacts made up and him and Raiders4sho for the pitches. I like our chances but ultimately, it's not up to us.

In the secondary, some ideas have been kicked around. We really need to determine whether Huff will remain at CB or move back to FS. Ideas are certainly welcome. I don't want to tip our hand too much but there are possibilities out there already for how to achieve what you asked. Please offer your input to me via PM if you'd like and I'll compare what has already been brought up and we can put our thoughts together to ultimately decide on what works best.

PM sig requests.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to start a new thread on your guys board, so I thought I'd slide it in here...

We need a raiders member for our gm mock... Raiders are on the clock right now... Sign up and make your pick.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512522&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to pursue Knighton, someone needs to put a pitch together. I got a contract offer ready. Pm me if you want to take a look at it.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

In the secondary, some ideas have been kicked around. We really need to determine whether Huff will remain at CB or move back to FS. Ideas are certainly welcome. I don't want to tip our hand too much but there are possibilities out there already for how to achieve what you asked. Please offer your input to me via PM if you'd like and I'll compare what has already been brought up and we can put our thoughts together to ultimately decide on what works best.

CB: Greer/Chewa/Owusu-Ansah
SS:
FS: Huff/Nelms
CB: Adams/Ross

We should bid on Mike Mitchell and see if we can get another S and CB in FA on the cheap.

Ranking FAs by position would be a good idea. If we could put together a consensus top 10 for each position, it'd be easier to go through the Shark Tank period.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
If we want to pursue Knighton, someone needs to put a pitch together. I got a contract offer ready. Pm me if you want to take a look at it.

I have today off (thanks Pres). I'll put something together.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

CB: Greer/Chewa/Owusu-Ansah
SS:
FS: Huff/Nelms
CB: Adams/Ross

We should bid on Mike Mitchell and see if we can get another S and CB in FA on the cheap.

Ranking FAs by position would be a good idea. If we could put together a consensus top 10 for each position, it'd be easier to go through the Shark Tank period.

Agree on the ranking of the FAs! That will make our plan of attack significantly easier. When does the next tier open??

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 45 of 85

Jump to: