Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers hire Richard Mann as WR coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:
A better question is who were his hires? Ariens was not. LeBeau was not. Kruger? Not sure but I think not. Haley and perhaps Al Everest are one of the few.

Carnell Lake, Randy Fitchner and a few others.

Also, while Arains wasnt his hire, he did promote him to OC.

And like I said, not sure how you can put Tomlin down for retaining quality coaches. He took over a winning franchise. Why would he make sweeping changes?

because everything is his fault... and Haley's! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Troofax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you read Keenan Allens scouting report and watch him he reminds me a little of Keyshawn, who Mann had in his time at Tampa. Probably means notta, but something to think about. I think Keenan is a solid player from what I watched, I think I'm going to have to revisit this receiver again.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:
A better question is who were his hires? Ariens was not. LeBeau was not. Kruger? Not sure but I think not. Haley and perhaps Al Everest are one of the few.

Carnell Lake, Randy Fitchner and a few others.

Also, while Arains wasnt his hire, he did promote him to OC.

And like I said, not sure how you can put Tomlin down for retaining quality coaches. He took over a winning franchise. Why would he make sweeping changes?

This would be my question, our season ended, after an onslaught of injury and disappointment, without a playoff berth. We haven't won a playoff game since losing the Super Bowl to Green Bay in 2010 (only been to 1, so..it's not that signifcant). You could easily argue that the team is in decline, we've already seen a lot of coaching changes in this offseason. On top of that if we don't have a draft that nets a majority of future long term talent for our roster we could be in serious trouble.

If we go into next season and don't make the playoffs, how would you all view Mike Tomlin? Do you think he and/or Kevin Colbert begin to feel the pressure of the hotseat? There is no denying that the previous regime of coaches was what was left behind from Bill Cowher and many of the players as well. Now coaching wise, player wise, we're starting to get a glimpse of the 'new era' under Tomlin, what it'll become, this draft and the next few seasons in my opinion will be very revealing of Tomlin's true talents as a Head Coach.

It is my opinion that if there is not massive improvements over the next two full seasons by Tomlin and his staff, Tomlin could be looking for a new job, yes, I think it could happen that quickly. Don't misunderstand me, I have a lot of confidence in Tomlin and his staff and our players, I'm just saying that if Tomlin DOES prove to be 'incapable' of keeping the team competitive, he could find himself incapable of remaining the Head Coach. If Kevin Colbert fails to produce a draft that develops into future talent for our roster, he could find himself in a similar boat. I think that both individuals have done an admirable job in recent years and I'm not blaming either of them for the season that just ended. I'm just speculating on 'what if's'.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet you 1 million dollars that Tomlin and Colbert stay for 5+ years no matter what happens with our record. There's a better chance a meteorite will hit this Earth than for him to be fired in that span!! Oh wait!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I'll bet you 1 million dollars that Tomlin and Colbert stay for 5+ years no matter what happens with our record. There's a better chance a meteorite will hit this Earth than for him to be fired in that span!! Oh wait!

I'm not buying that..
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowher got away with two 6-10 seasons, and 7-9 without getting canned....Besides last season Tomlin has put together winning seasons since being hired.

Let's not get carried away.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:
Cowher got away with two 6-10 seasons, and 7-9 without getting canned....Besides last season Tomlin has put together winning seasons since being hired.

Let's not get carried away.

I'm not getting carried away and furthermore, I'm not worried. I have a lot of faith in Tomlin. But I also look at the fact that we're starting to truly get into the Tomlin Era, where HIS staff and HIS players are beginning to take over. There may be a bigger picture to look at if the 'success' continues to disappear. Maybe it will be 5-6 years, but if this team doesn't improve under Tomlin's leadership, with all the sweeping changes, then I do think Colbert and Tomlin would have something to worry about.

Having said that, I said this before and I'll say it again. We're going to win the division for the next two seasons. If I have to eat crow..I'm okay with that, I hear it tastes like chicken...I'll just add some Heinz BBQ Sauce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: