Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Woodson to be released, Namdi to be cut next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badmoon8081 wrote:
When you really think about it, it is pretty remarkable how far Namdi has fallen in just two short years. To think there were many who put him as the #2 best corner in football right next to Revis. Even though he is still in his prime and unlike Revis, has suffered no major injuries, it's amazing to me how many say that he is done. Possibly they're right. Who knows.

I think a lot of has to do with how he was exposed in Philadelphia. He got a reputation in Oakland for being shut down, got paid big time to go to Philly and we all saw what happened. I can't personally say that he's got nothing left on him, but I think its clear he may have been a victim of his own hype. I'd gladly take him back on the team, but I don't think we could afford him and yeah, he would just be a stopgap at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badmoon8081 wrote:
When you really think about it, it is pretty remarkable how far Namdi has fallen in just two short years. To think there were many who put him as the #2 best corner in football right next to Revis. Even though he is still in his prime and unlike Revis, has suffered no major injuries, it's amazing to me how many say that he is done. Possibly they're right. Who knows.

Nnamdi was never tested. No one knew if he was good or not. It was just both clear and evident that the other corner opposite of him was a lot worse of a corner. So in the bump and run vanilla defense, too much was evident for a QB to make a decision. To further the point Nnamdi never played the LCB position which is typically occupied by #1 receivers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
badmoon8081 wrote:

Nnamdi was never tested. No one knew if he was good or not. It was just both clear and evident that the other corner opposite of him was a lot worse of a corner. So in the bump and run vanilla defense, too much was evident for a QB to make a decision. To further the point Nnamdi never played the LCB position which is typically occupied by #1 receivers.

Nnamdi was/is exclusively a man corner put in zone coverage. end of story.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get both of them for what we are paying Huff then I would take them. Nnamdi at CB and Woodson at FS. But only on those terms on short deals. Then we can get rid of Huff's salary. Then we can backfill both positions with rookies that can be brought along slowly.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
badmoon8081 wrote:

Nnamdi was/is exclusively a man corner put in zone coverage. end of story.

Alright. Doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. But alright.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
badmoon8081 wrote:

I agree with a lot. But, I disagree he wasn't tested. They just stopped throwing it his way in like '09. If we can make a deal that makes sense for both sides I would much rather have him than any corner we have now. Maybe not Philip Adams
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to both that would be to good to be true, then draft some younger cornerback prospects and have the boys train them up!!!
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If we could get both of them for what we are paying Huff then I would take them. Nnamdi at CB and Woodson at FS. But only on those terms on short deals. Then we can get rid of Huff's salary. Then we can backfill both positions with rookies that can be brought along slowly.

no chance.
huff has almost 11M cap number, but would cause little more then 9M dead money if cut. So you would have to sign them for less then 2M together. Good luck with that...
G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd welcome them back but I don't think it would be best...
Aso will always be welcomed back to show the others how to lead and prepare. Off-field that guy was the BEST for the community. We're not running the scheme best suited for him though.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'd welcome them back but I don't think it would be best...
Aso will always be welcomed back to show the others how to lead and prepare. Off-field that guy was the BEST for the community. We're not running the scheme best suited for him though.

I'd love either/both, but can't see it happening, and (maybe stupidly) I'm less concerned with CB than almost anywhere on the D (Ross and Adams)
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass on them both. We need to move on from the past.
Nuke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It aint like we have anything better going on, and they would both be helpful. I think Wood would be especially beneficial to the culture change we're trying to establish here.

He was allowed to fluff off all week long as long as he played on Sunday. Then he went to a more tightly run franchise and had to learn how to really prepare if you want to win a championship. I think that will give him a unique perspective.
early43

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke wrote:
It aint like we have anything better going on, and they would both be helpful. I think Wood would be especially beneficial to the culture change we're trying to establish here.

He was allowed to fluff off all week long as long as he played on Sunday. Then he went to a more tightly run franchise and had to learn how to really prepare if you want to win a championship. I think that will give him a unique perspective.

This.

If money wasnt such an issue for us, I would try and get both of them for the simple fact that we need true professionals on this team. Guys who know what it takes Monday through Saturday. With Seymour gone, all we have left is Palmer as anyone who has real credibility in the league as a winner/veteran. For a young team trying to learn how to compete and win games, solid veteran leadership is vital IMO... The sad fact is even a regressed Woodson and Aso are still better than what we currently field on Sundays.

But since both are probably looking to land with a contender, my opinion is moot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both in Denver to be honest.
G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:

I'd love either/both, but can't see it happening, and (maybe stupidly) I'm less concerned with CB than almost anywhere on the D (Ross and Adams)

Those guys stepped up, but not enough for me to not take two CB's if we trade down and get some picks...The combine will mess with my current projections if some run faster or slower than expected.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Those guys stepped up, but not enough for me to not take two CB's if we trade down and get some picks...The combine will mess with my current projections if some run faster or slower than expected.

I wouldn't draft a CB early - DT, DE, OL and LB (and S) are all higher priorities in my book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: