Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers and internal hires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Packers and internal hires Reply with quote

NFP put in a blerb about the Packers and internal hiring.

Quote:
Mike McCarthy of the Packers has been among the most aggressive coaches in setting up his staff for advancement. “I’m always looking to grow different guys, and for opportunities to develop coaches from within your staff,” McCarthy said. “If coaches want to learn different positions and broaden their horizons, there is no better way to do it within our offense, which is a damn good system.”

They go on to say more, http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-8374.html

Stone65 with the sig!
boratt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a nice read. I like the way the Packers promote guys and develop guys. I imagine it's a nice place to work when your boss has a plan for you advancement ahead of time, talks to you about it, and then follows through when the time comes.

I did get a sense the Packers missed Joe Philbin last year. There were a few subtle comments from AR on his radio show.

I wonder if there were some growing pains.

sig courtesy of BrettFavre004. THANKS!!
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While certainly commendable, I would have a hard time moving Alex Van Pelt from QB to RB and Edgar from RB to WR coaches respectively. I dont know if there were any negative impacts, but you have to wonder for obvious reasons.

Maybe Crosby problems were that Campen was helping him out Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
While certainly commendable, I would have a hard time moving Alex Van Pelt from QB to RB and Edgar from RB to WR coaches respectively. I dont know if there were any negative impacts, but you have to wonder for obvious reasons.

Maybe Crosby problems were that Campen was helping him out :lol:

I think McCarthy understands intimately that "what position you played" has no bearing on what you can, and can't coach. I mean, Mac was a TE when he played football, but he grew into a tremendous QB guru.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: