Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley's measurables
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Think he's turned the corner? Hell no. Think he was scared and watching his Ps and Qs? Probably.

Finley is a headcase. His effort is inconsistent and his head isn't always in the game. I see no sign that he has gotten over it. He was worried about getting cut and not being able to get a good deal if he didn't shape up. Based on what I've seen from Finley, he's not a player I'd EVER want to see signed to more than a 2-3 year deal at a time. Making a long term investment in him would be a very dangerous idea.

He was an elite TE in the 2nd half.

And when has he ever shown any consistency? He buckled down when he thought his future was on the line. Best chance to keep him performing at a high level? Keep his future on the line. If it's not, why would you believe he can keep his head right? It hasn't worked yet.

BTW, game by game, here is that "elite" 2nd half of the season.

1 catch, 6 yds, 0 TD
3 catches, 66 yds, 1 TD
3 catches, 51 yds, 0 TD
6 catches, 60 yds, 0 TD
2 catches, 16 yds, 0 TD
5 catches, 61 yds, 0 TD
5 catches, 70 yds, 0 TD
8 catches, 72 yds, 0 TD

Even if you mean "He had an elite last 1/3 of the season (5 games), that's 5.2 catches 55.8 yds and 0 TD per game average. Decent? Sure. 7.5 mil a year? Hell no.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, finley has got to go or restructure at least!
Much to do with that money than pay an inconsistant "pass catching" tight end. Minus well bring tori gurley back and play him at tight end with comparable catching ability and im sure an even better blocker!!
mccammon07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is a headcase and a distraction, but he is the best tight end we have had in a long time. He is the type of tight end this offense needs and I think we need to let him play out this year and then make a decision on him. I would rather focus on our needs like finding a running game rather than cutting Finley and trying to find a replacement.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccammon07 wrote:
Finley is a headcase and a distraction, but he is the best tight end we have had in a long time. He is the type of tight end this offense needs and I think we need to let him play out this year and then make a decision on him. I would rather focus on our needs like finding a running game rather than cutting Finley and trying to find a replacement.

Yes, with all of Finley's issues he is still the best TE we presently have on the roster. I too hope TT focuses on the running game instead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think that Finley's production is impeded by our lack of a run game? Linebackers setting up for pass before the ball is even snapped?
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Does anyone think that Finley's production is impeded by our lack of a run game? Linebackers setting up for pass before the ball is even snapped?

Doubt it. If anything it's the other way around. Most teams go into a game with the mindset of stopping the run first. A hot Finley sure can make those LB's think a little more out there and open up some things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
mccammon07 wrote:

Yes, with all of Finley's issues he is still the best TE we presently have on the roster. I too hope TT focuses on the running game instead.

The question is, is the best TE on your roster worth $8m? That's 1/15th of your salary cap. Is it worth paying that much to a TE who doesn't create 1/15th of your roster's production, or would it be more worthwhile to give that money to players who will be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: