Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J!E!T!S! 4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Jets Mock Draft Reply with quote

This is my take on the offseason. Im not good with the cap so I left the numbers out if this seems unrealistic let me know.

Restructures
Nick Mangold - He is a team first player and imo seems the most likely to accept restructuring.
David Harris - Somehow he seemed to lose a step throughout the season. His regression is a little concerning but he is still a core player. Due to his lack of production he should be open to it.
Mark Sanchez - I know this is unlikely but he needs to at least be approached about it. Anyone who played as bad as he did has to at least entertain the idea.

Cut
Calvin Pace
Bart Scott
Jason Smith
Tim Tebow
Eric Smith

Resigns
Laron Landry - He played great for us this year and isnt asking for an absurd amount of money considering what he provides.
Braylon Edwards - Loved the hustle he showed at the end of the year. Should be cheap and provides veteran depth
Dustin Keller - I think his value has dropped following an injury filled year and really never elevating his play into elite levels. I think he will stay in New York knowing he is one of the only legitimate offensive options.
Nick Folk - We know what we are getting
Brandon Moore - Unfortunately he is known for the butt fumble but Moore has been a steady force on our line for years and we give him a deal to retire as a Jet

Extensions
Darrelle Revis - He gets paid what he deserves. He is the only player on our team worth building around and needs to come back. We now have one of the best secondaries in the league.

Free Agents
Jason Campbell - Veteran competition for Sanchez. Alex Smith and Matt Flynn are going to be too expensive imo. Also dont understand all the love for Matt Moore.
Quentin Groves - We need bodies at the olb position. He should come cheap and we give him one more chance to prove he belongs in the league.
Ahmad Bradshaw - I personally hate taking the Giants scraps but Shonn Greene is the most average back to ever break 1000 yards and Bradshaw would complement Powell well.

Draft
Rd1 - Jarvis Jones OLB
With the multitude of pass rushers in this draft Jones has a chance to fall to 9. If he is available Jones is a no brainer. He is imho the best pass rusher in this draft and its not even close. He looks poised to be a starter day 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO6wLT48vjY
Rd2 - Larry Warford OG
Kid is an absolute beast. He is an immediate upgrade in the run game and is more than serviceable in pass protection. He is not very athletic but he moves well for his size. Plug him in between Dbrick and Mangold and he is a future Pro Bowler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYIGR4EWIKA
Rd3 - EJ Manuel QB
In a weak QB class Manuel could go earlier but I think hell be around in the 3rd. He has the physical tools needed to be a pocket passer as well as the mobility to keep plays alive. He needs some time to develop but I think we are picking up the QB of the future here. Let Marty work with him for a year and let him try to win the job in 2014.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-YS50CJgyQ
Rd4 - Baccari Rambo FS
With Bell gone we could use some depth at Safety in case one of our younger guys dont work out. Rambo is a solid player and can at least compete from day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34
Rd5 -Brandon Williams DT
Division 2 Player who has the ideal size to play the 3-4 and is explosive. He has a mean streak in him which is perfect for this defense. He had a solid senior bowl proving he can compete at the top level collegiately. He is a bit of a project player however but is well worth the risk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJeUILylZQ
Rd6 - Tyriann Mathieu CB
He is the definition of a playmaker. His impact on special teams will be immediate and who knows could turn into a solid corner for us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk
Rd7 - Jason Thompson WR
Division 2 talent that I have personally seen play as i live near his school. The kid dominated his competition with an avg over 20yds a catch. He is a tall deep threat with great jumping ability. He definitely needs to put on weight to play at the next level but this could be a potential low risk high reward scenario. He is projected to be either a 7th rd pick or a priority free agent. Good chance he wont get drafted but I'd love to see us take a chance on him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YVj1mdW9LI

JakeDaSnake83 on the sig
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty happy with this off-season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft, though I've never seen the D-2 players play.

I'd probably resign Slausson over Moore and I'd be inclined to let Keller walk depending on what kind of contract he's after.

I really liked Quentin Groves when he played for Auburn and I thought he was going to be a good NFL player. Wouldn't mind adding him for special teams/depth.

- Cliff Burton
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rex can turn Rambo into Ed Reed. Really like the draft even though we didn't address WR and RB early enough. But any draft that nets Jones and Warford is huge.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have Landry Jones than Manuel. I also agree that Revis will be a jet for a long time. The only other problem is Campbell. He is terrible. The guy should not be in the league any more. He will be no threat to Sanchez and why add another guy who does not have a chance to take his job. Matt Moore would have a better chance than an old QB that will only decline from here on out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: