Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Kuhn in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we cut/trade Kuhn in 2013?
Yes, McCarthy loves TEs more than FBs now. Williams/Taylor can take over.
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
No, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Justis is an idiot. Why does he stay up till 3:30 in the morning?
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

HokieHigh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not surprise me one bit if Kuhn is a poster boy for availability and accountability in that locker room.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

Hello, old friend.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.

Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Hello, old friend.

I'd definitely take Jackson back, if the money's right.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.

Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
30 YO FB.

Jackson's money would definitely have to be right.

Ditto on the Green grows hope.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
How in the world is he worth that kind of money?? I have never been a fan of his, surely we can find somebody else to get stuffed on those 3rd& short carries Kuhn never coverts. I am not a DJ Williams fan but he should be able to do what Kuhn does and he is much more athletic.

GMTA

He is good at picking up blitzes and on ST but I cringe every time he gets the handoff on 3rd and short. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

30 YO FB.

But Jackson is not a FB. Could Green fill that spot? Think

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 5 - Lonnie Pryor
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

30 YO FB.

How often do we actually line up with Kuhn as a lead blocker? Doesn't seem to me that we do much I formation. Doesn't seem to me we are all that effective when we do. The FB is pretty much a dying breed. I think Taylor could handle those responsibilities the few times we "needed" them if we decided to move on without Kuhn.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

30 YO FB.

How often do we actually line up with Kuhn as a lead blocker? Doesn't seem to me that we do much I formation. Doesn't seem to me we are all that effective when we do. The FB is pretty much a dying breed. I think Taylor could handle those responsibilities the few times we "needed" them if we decided to move on without Kuhn.
Taylor, Crabtree, and Williams already handle that while Kuhn is here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: