Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Kuhn in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we cut/trade Kuhn in 2013?
Yes, McCarthy loves TEs more than FBs now. Williams/Taylor can take over.
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
No, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Justis is an idiot. Why does he stay up till 3:30 in the morning?
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author Message
HokieHigh


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 1859
Location: Blacksburg
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not surprise me one bit if Kuhn is a poster boy for availability and accountability in that locker room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2964
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.



Hello, old friend.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blueswedeshoes


Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Posts: 1406
Location: WisKAHNsin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.


Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
_________________
Homer wrote:
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3297
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.



Hello, old friend.


I'd definitely take Jackson back, if the money's right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.


Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
30 YO FB.

Jackson's money would definitely have to be right.

Ditto on the Green grows hope.
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8120
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
How in the world is he worth that kind of money?? I have never been a fan of his, surely we can find somebody else to get stuffed on those 3rd& short carries Kuhn never coverts. I am not a DJ Williams fan but he should be able to do what Kuhn does and he is much more athletic.


GMTA

He is good at picking up blitzes and on ST but I cringe every time he gets the handoff on 3rd and short. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8120
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.


Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
30 YO FB.

Jackson's money would definitely have to be right.

Ditto on the Green grows hope.


But Jackson is not a FB. Could Green fill that spot? Think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pmikep


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 385
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 5 - Lonnie Pryor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2964
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.


Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
30 YO FB.

Jackson's money would definitely have to be right.

Ditto on the Green grows hope.


But Jackson is not a FB. Could Green fill that spot? Think


How often do we actually line up with Kuhn as a lead blocker? Doesn't seem to me that we do much I formation. Doesn't seem to me we are all that effective when we do. The FB is pretty much a dying breed. I think Taylor could handle those responsibilities the few times we "needed" them if we decided to move on without Kuhn.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.


Well this is a very strong point, and a point that Kuhn's agent might point out in negotiations.

And the team might concede the point as well, but then wonder what other team is going to look at Kuhn's skillset and want to toss 2.5 mil at him?
30 YO FB.

Jackson's money would definitely have to be right.

Ditto on the Green grows hope.


But Jackson is not a FB. Could Green fill that spot? Think


How often do we actually line up with Kuhn as a lead blocker? Doesn't seem to me that we do much I formation. Doesn't seem to me we are all that effective when we do. The FB is pretty much a dying breed. I think Taylor could handle those responsibilities the few times we "needed" them if we decided to move on without Kuhn.
Taylor, Crabtree, and Williams already handle that while Kuhn is here.
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group