Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Name 3 Players....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Name 3 Players.... Reply with quote

that you just have a gut feeling we will draft. Anywhere and any time in the draft, as long as his name is called. Keep in mind, these players are someone you think BB will draft. Not necessarily someone you want us to. Give an outlook of the player and explain why. I will revisit this thread on draft day, so this can be our "I Said This......" thread. Cool

Logan Ryan (CB) - Rutgers : 5'11/6' ~190 lbs.

I think we will acquire additional picks in the 2nd/3rd and use one of them for this guy. Hell, BB may just nab him with our first pick. I like what I see from Ryan. He's probably the best run support CB in this draft, as he's always nosing in to stop the edge. Has superb athleticism for his position. Named All-American and acquires great ball skills. Mirrors route runners really well and has all the tools to be successful at the NFL level. Great attitude and is very well-written. Smart kid who understands the nuances of his position. BB has a fetish for Rutgers DBs, and he has a tying relationship with Devin McCourty.

Barrett Jones (OT, G, C, Cheerleader) - Alabama : 6'5 ~305 lbs

I had him as our first selection not in the first round of my first mock because I think we trade out. This guy screams 'steal' all over from the end of the first round and on. He proved to play at an elite level at G, LT and C against elite competition in college. Knowing we never have a sure thing on the OL, he will be the first guy on the emergency card for anyone on the line. He can be a replacement for a Vollmer departure or a plug-in for a declining Connolly. He can start right away if BB insists. This guy has great technique. Anchors a great base and has great bend at the POA. Extremely versatile and able to play every single position at a pro bowl level. He flows well with the attack and gets out at the second level like we expect out of Patriots Linemen. Not to mention his 4.0 GPA and the community work he has done. He's the most Patriot player I can think of in this draft.

Eric Reid (SS) - LSU : 6'2 208 lbs

I'm gonna go bold here and stay within the vicinity of our first three picks. I wasn't too impressed with Reid at first glance because I didn't see him as a playmaker at the NFL level. But after watching some additional tape on him, I realized we don't need him to be our playmaker. That will be fitted for McCourty, who has proven he can anchor that role. Reid can be the enforcer we've been looking for and he is a natural at that. Reid has the prototypical size for a S, and has the most athleticism for any S in this draft class. He takes great angle and timing in separating balls from catchers in coverage. Really knows how to attack the ball and opponents in the way that they do not meet. Has very good vision for a safety and able to diagnose plays. Very willing and physical in the run game. He does tackle a little high for my likes, and doesn't sustain a low base for a better POA but that's very fixable. Another team captain, All-American athlete with a great attitude and professional demeanor. While other prospects in the draft has rised and lowered, Reid has been under the radar and stayed where he has been projected. I can see us taking him with the first of a 2nd round pick we acquire.

Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams, somehow, some way.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

I'd love to see Williams in New England, but I really think he's going to go in the top 20.

Hopefully he slides into Day 2 though (I'm expecting the Pats to trade out of the 1st).
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I'd love to see Williams in New England, but I really think he's going to go in the top 20.

Hopefully he slides into Day 2 though (I'm expecting the Pats to trade out of the 1st).

If T-Will is there at 29, you think we will trade down?

Woof probably, I bet. Crying or Very sad
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

If T-Will is there at 29, you think we will trade down?

Woof probably, I bet. Crying or Very sad

Depends a lot on what they do with veteran FA
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

I'd be ecstatic if we were to get Williams. All skillset aside, he's the best blocking WR in this class. However, I'd also be ecstatic if we get one of Woods, Patton, Hopkins, Austin, Hunter, Wheaton or Dobson. This class is filled with many talented receivers. I just can't see a scenario where we don't come out with one of those players.
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: