Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Will Bring In Power Back To Help In The Running Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeh75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Titans Will Bring In Power Back To Help In The Running Game Reply with quote

Looks like they are getting serious about getting C.J. some help in the running game.New running backs coach Sylvester Croom has said youíve got to have two guys actually both able to carry the load during the season.If youíre going to really run 30-plus times a game there arenít many that can do that for 16 games anymore their bodies canít take it.

We've had success doing this back in the smash and dash days when C.J. and Lendale White both shared the load.There is actually hope for the running game now because C.J. was definitely getting stopped too much at times behind the line of scrimmage.I think its because he was getting worn down trying to carry most of the load himself after all he has been in the league for a half decade now.

I think we will be much better with two backs because we can use power back to wear down defenses and C.J. can definitely beat them with his speed more and more as the game progresses.

Will be interesting to see if this new back will be brought in during free agency or during the draft.

Thoughts????
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's much needed!

CJ isn't an back that keeps the chains moving. He is a homerun hitter and he strikes out very often.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Bradshaw but hell prob cost alot and prob wont want to be a number 2 alot of teams would pay for a Bradshaw more than we would GB Det Mia NYJ Indy SD Atl or even resign wit the Giants. But im all for another back to help out. As good as Ray Rice is Pierce showed how well giving a great back a break helps

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
I would love Bradshaw but hell prob cost alot and prob wont want to be a number 2 alot of teams would pay for a Bradshaw more than we would GB Det Mia NYJ Indy SD Atl or even resign wit the Giants. But im all for another back to help out. As good as Ray Rice is Pierce showed how well giving a great back a break helps

I agree, I think that if we want to use a draft pick on a RB that there are plenty of options in the draft. Ellington, Burkhead, Stacy and Lattimore would all be options I would look at.

Props to Kempes ^
Ryback

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say draft Burkhead or pick up Steven Jackson or Ahmad Bradshaw in FA
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I agree, I think that if we want to use a draft pick on a RB that there are plenty of options in the draft. Ellington, Burkhead, Stacy and Lattimore would all be options I would look at.

Lattimore is one of my favorite football players, but I would only use a 7th round pick on him. No idea how he will come back. And I would like it best to get him as an undrafted free agent, but someone will draft him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I would like to see either Burkhead, Lacy or Lattimore be drafted by the Titans. The free agent RBs will expect to go where they can start, in addition that would be too much cap space at the RB position with CJ's huge cap number this year. Free agency is not where they will address the power RB addition to the roster.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Jackson, in the free agent or Eddie Lacy, in the NFL DRAFT. Them are the two favorite player's I would look into at. There both big and strong hard played running backs. I would rather get Jackson over Lacy, cause we have a better chance of getting Jackson, then lacy in the draft. Lacy, might go out of the draft in the frist round or the med 2 before we even get to him.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Steven Jackson, in the free agent or Eddie Lacy, in the NFL DRAFT. Them are the two favorite player's I would look into at. There both big and strong hard played running backs. I would rather get Jackson over Lacy, cause we have a better chance of getting Jackson, then lacy in the draft. Lacy, might go out of the draft in the frist round or the med 2 before we even get to him.

No thanks to Steven Jackson and his 3.0 YPC. Eddie Lacy is a projected 1-2 round RB pre-combine. I expect his stock to soar even more after the combine. Thats not gonna happen. Stefan Taylor has ALOT of mileage on his tires, but you'd never know if you seen him play. Still a risk though.

In my wildest dreams, I'd love to make a trade for Robert Turbin. Guy's a monster. Won't happen though. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're going to end up taking Le'Veon Bell in the 4th. He kinda reminds me of Eddie George, but with quicker feet and a little more athletic. He's a very physical runner who can shoulder the load, but not quite as much power as EG. He should compliment CJ well.
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collin Mooney?

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: ďIím mad at the fact theyíve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Collin Mooney?

I haven't forgotten about him at all. I would really like to see him compete for an active roster spot, and I know Munch will give him a shot. From the limited footage that I've seen on him, dude can run, catch and block. Moves pretty good for a stocky 247 pounder. We got him listed as a RB, but I think he'd make a better FB for us.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the Titans get a legtimate power back with size and have him on the field together with CJ. Run primarily zone and have both guys be threats to touch the ball. Another words run the option with Jake Locker in various forms while still having a base zone running attack. The difference from teams like Washington or San Francisco though is that instead of the Quarterback being the secondary running threat to the option man(like this hypothetical power back), in this case the pitch man is the guy the defense really has to worry about if the Quarterback doesn't hand the ball off. It seems to me this could screw with the gap concepts of defenses just as much as the option stuff those teams do where if there is a pitch man at all, he's not a big part of the offense.
mikeh75

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.J. was one of the worst in the league as far as yards after contact and also in breaking tackles.It is clear we need a bigger bruising back in here for short yardage situations and in the red zone near the goalline.We also need one here to ease the burden and wear and tear on C.J. so we can extend his career and get the most we can out of him performance wise without overloading him with too many carries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: