Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric's Pre-Combine mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2nd tier free agent could be Jerome Simpson.

I really hate mocking out free agents.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well AQuintus, that would be assuming guys like Allen, Patterson and Hopkins are still available. The way i see it, were not losing a true WR if we lose Harvin. We are losing a weapon, and im not sure if you have seen Tavon play. But he is going to be a big time weapon in the NFL, quote me on it.

And you really think anything Spielman is saying right now about the draft is valid? Sure there is alot of depth at the DT position this year, but that doesnt mean we wont take one early.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Any combination of 2nd tier free agent, Jarius Wright, and rookie 1st/2nd rounder works as a starting three.

I'd be fine with...

Hopkins/Patton
+
Wright

for a starting two WR set.

My main issue was that we needed to sign a FA if we trade Harvin which you have us doing. He doesn't have to be 1st tier but he does have to be good enough to start.

Im not sure if you missed it, but i did resign Jerome Simpson. (for whatever thats worth) Laughing

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
Well AQuintus, that would be assuming guys like Allen, Patterson and Hopkins are still available.

Allen and Patterson might not be, but Hopkins should be available. The only teams ahead of Minnesota that are likely to take go WR in the 1st are Miami and Saint Louis. So at least 1, and potentially all 3, will likely be available at the Vikings' pick.

Quote:
The way i see it, were not losing a true WR if we lose Harvin. We are losing a weapon, and im not sure if you have seen Tavon play. But he is going to be a big time weapon in the NFL, quote me on it.

He might be, but the way I see it is that we don't need a "weapon," we already have the best "weapon" in the NFL on our roster in Adrian Peterson. What we need is receivers that can force the defense away from Peterson.

Quote:
And you really think anything Spielman is saying right now about the draft is valid?

Why not? He's not giving away any groundbreaking secrets or saying anything that anyone who has paid attention to the draft doesn't already know.

Quote:
Sure there is alot of depth at the DT position this year, but that doesnt mean we wont take one early.

I doesn't mean that we definitely won't take one early, but the value of depth at a position in the draft is that you can get a good one later. There's a solid chance that one of Jesse Williams, Brandon Williams, John Jenkins, or even Kawann Short will be available with the Vikings' 2nd (or later) because of that depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: