Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
The more I watch Stedman Bailey from WVU the more I think he'd be a great fit here. He has great hands, good route runner, and he has quick feet. I think that he'd be a guy brady would like.

Yeah I prefer him in a later round over wasting a first on Austin, Allen or someone like that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams, Cordarrelle Patterson, Deandre Hopkins (who would go 1st overall if he had the athleticism of any of these guys), and Justin Hunter would all be perfection at 29.
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Terrance Williams, Cordarrelle Patterson, Deandre Hopkins (who would go 1st overall if he had the athleticism of any of these guys), and Justin Hunter would all be perfection at 29.

NBT, say for some reason all those wide outs are taken by 29. Do you take Patton with #29 or only if he is BPA?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Donut wrote:
The more I watch Stedman Bailey from WVU the more I think he'd be a great fit here. He has great hands, good route runner, and he has quick feet. I think that he'd be a guy brady would like.

Yeah I prefer him in a later round over wasting a first on Austin, Allen or someone like that.

Stedman Bailey is an intriguing prospect who I think has a very high upside but there's no way he's a better pick than Keenan Allen. Allen is a borderline top 10 pick, and his talent IMO justifies at least a top 15 selection this year.

If he - by some miracle - was sitting there at #29, I hope the Pats are sprinting to the podium to get their card in.

The issue I see with Bailey is that he is likely to get overdrafted (unless he has an unexpectedly poor combine). There's a good chance he goes late 2nd or early 3rd and that's about a full round higher than I'd go for him. I don't think he's worth more than a late 3rd, despite the upside.

Tavon Austin, I wouldn't be interested in at all unless he dropped into "too good to pass up" territory - 3rd/4th round.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that high on Keenan Allen. he is a 1st round talent, but i don't think what the Patriots should be looking for. I am assuming we will keep Brandon Lloyd and re-sign Edleman. We just need size and speed. I would prefer the Pats take Hopkins over Allen.

If Justin Hunter were to return to his 2011 form, he would be the steal of the draft of 29.
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I'm not that high on Keenan Allen. he is a 1st round talent, but i don't think what the Patriots should be looking for. I am assuming we will keep Brandon Lloyd and re-sign Edleman. We just need size and speed. I would prefer the Pats take Hopkins over Allen.

If Justin Hunter were to return to his 2011 form, he would be the steal of the draft of 29.

No reason he shouldn't - guys are often a lot less explosive in the year after an ACL injury. The second year is where it starts to come back if fully healed.
spr217

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Margus Hunt? I love his potential, he reminds me of a JJ Watt/JPP hybrid. Right now he's projected to go in round two but I think after the combine he'll be a lock for round one. Guys that are 6"8 with sub 40 speed are tough to find. Would love his versatility, could play 3 technique in sub, or 5 technique/outside end in base, even stand him up every once in a while. He could fill a number of needs up front and be a potential difference maker. The problem is that he's raw and inexperienced, but so was Vollmer, Jimmy Graham, JPP, etc. I'd love him with our 2d pick, but don't expect him to be there, what do you guys think of taking him in round one or trading back to early round 2 and taking him there?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

No reason he shouldn't - guys are often a lot less explosive in the year after an ACL injury. The second year is where it starts to come back if fully healed.

Acl shouldn't be affecting his hands, though.
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I think a lot of his drops are due to concentration slips so maybe he is anticipating the hits more after he got hurt.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I think a lot of his drops are due to concentration slips so maybe he is anticipating the hits more after he got hurt.

People said that about Welker in 2010 too.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His drops were clear concentration ones, the problem is whether he will go the Julio Jones route and improve his focus, or the Troy Williamson/Ted Ginn route, where he sadly is already at his potential
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

People said that about Welker in 2010 too.

I thought WW drops were from rehab messing w/ his offseason routine and less time spent catching but drops were still a problem after(IIRC not as bad). Either way I dont want to use a first rounder on a WR unless somehow Keenan Allen falls

What do you guys think of Datone Jones? I watched a bit of him and he improved a lot at the senior bowl I wouldnt mind him as a LE and slide him in at DT on passing downs. big body big frame and reportedly high football IQ. He could move Nink as a subpackage guy and backup for pretty much DE and LBer.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

NBT, say for some reason all those wide outs are taken by 29. Do you take Patton with #29 or only if he is BPA?

Sorry I missed this last weekend/

I would only take him at 29 if he were BPA. I'm not that high on Patton. Not that low either, but 29 seems high for someone who, imo, doesn't bring too much to the table which don't already have.

We really, really need a big play, down the field guy, and only that. Any other type of receiver would be a waste. It's why guys like Keenan Allen & Robert Woods, who are decent enough prospects, are not - in my opinion - worth a 1st round selection here.

Obviously, it goes without saying they need to be able to catch. Assuming they can catch, we need speed. Preferably speed with size. DeAndre Hopkins is the best catcher, Terrance Williams is the best pro ready combination, Cordarrelle Patterson can potentially have the biggest all around impact, while Justin Hunter has the most potential as a deep threat. 1 of those 4 should be available at 29, I will go berserk if we pass on them.

Though he is my #3 ranked at he position behind Williams and CPatts, Hunter tall, super athletic skill set would fit in very nicely here. He would be an intriguing pick. If Justin Hunter of 2010 and 2011 returns in 2013, he would be an easy favorite for offensive rookie of the year.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
What do you guys think of Datone Jones? I watched a bit of him and he improved a lot at the senior bowl I wouldnt mind him as a LE and slide him in at DT on passing downs. big body big frame and reportedly high football IQ. He could move Nink as a subpackage guy and backup for pretty much DE and LBer.

I think he's going to be a riser come draft day. He's got an Adonis-like physique and will put up great stats at the combine, and he has flashed the ability to be a better pro than college player. I wonder how many GMs are kicking themselves for not taking Chandler Jones last draft?

Personally, the question is whether he is good enough at either position (LE or DT) to warrant a 1st round selection. I'm inclined to say no.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting for the Patriots 1st round pick in the draft thread. It would be good to have your thoughts and votes here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15718046#15718046

Cheers

GFW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 17 of 60

Jump to: