Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RCobb18 Mock Draft V.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: RCobb18 Mock Draft V.2 Reply with quote

2013 Mock Draft Version #2

Released/ Not Resigned

WR Greg Jennings
RB Cedric Benson
C Jeff Saturday (Retire)
WR Donald Driver (Retire)
OLB Erik Walden
RB James Starks
FB John Kuhn
FS/CB Charles Woodson

Resigned

CB Sam Shields
TE Tom Crabtree
ILB Brad Jones
C Evan Dietrich Smith

Free Agency

RB Ahmad Bradshaw

Bradshaw signs with Green Bay after a relatively quiet market for his services because of his foot issues. Bradshaw is still young, turns 27 next month and he still has tread on the tires. If he can get over his foot woes we could all of a sudden go from having running back as a weakness to strength with Bradshaw, Harris, and Green.

The Draft

The Packers are awarded a 4th and 6th round compensatory pick for Matt Flynn (4th) and Scott Wells (6th).

The Buffalo Bills call the Packers about the 26th overall pick in hopes of drafting their QB of the future. A deal is struck, Buffalo receives the 26th overall (Ryan Nassib) and the Packers receive the 41st and 71st overall picks from Buffalo.

2nd Round (Buffalo)

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame 6-6 251 lbs

With Finley's inconsistencies upgrading the TE position is key. Eifert is a great receiving TE, he has big strong hands and great hand/eye coordination to make difficult catches. His blocking has improved a lot but its still developing. If Finley can turn it around we could very well have our own Gronkowski/Hernandez.

2nd Round

Tony Jefferson FS Oklahoma 5-11 212 lbs

Nick Collins impact on our defense was missed last season, Collins was a a true CF type safety and the safety in this draft who I think can make us move on from Collins is Tony Jefferson. Jefferson has the range to play all over the field, he is a good blitzed and he has good ball skills. He was a leader at UO and has the kind of attitude that coaches love.

3rd Round (Buffalo)

Joe Kruger DE Utah 6-7 280 lbs

Mike Trgovac has said that he wants to add more "length" to the defensive line. Kruger would definitely fall into that category, he has very impressive size at 6'7'' and a long arms. He is also a good athlete. He is a better run defender than he is pass rusher at this point but he is improving in that area. Solid get for the Packers.

3rd Round

Kevin Reddick ILB UNC 6-3 240 lbs

Its been talked a great deal about how our defense lacks "physicality" and I think most of us would agree. Reddick is an aggressive linebacker but he is also very intelligent and doesn't play outside of his skill set. He sheds blocks well and can drop in coverage.

4th Round

Marquess Wilson WR WSU 6-4 185 lbs

Yes there are some red flags with Wilson, but you can't deny that this kid is special. He is one of the best jump ball WR that I have seen in this draft. Living in Washington I was able to see him dominate opposing defenses, he catches the ball well over his shoulder and when he is in the open there is no way you can catch him. I see his situation similar to Mike Williams with Tampa Bay after he left Syracuse.

4th Round (Comp)

Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech 6-3 303 lbs

Uzzi is a tenacious offensive lineman that played guard in college but is someone who a lot of people think can play center in the NFL. Comes in and provides depth at all 3 interior positions.

5th Round

Travis Long OLB WSU 6-4 245 lbs

Two Cougs in on mock? Thats unheard of and I don't like WSU. Long is a good football player however and would offer us depth as a pass rusher.

6th Round

Brandon McGee CB Miami 6-0 190 lbs

Corner depth.

7th Round

Braden Wilson FB Kansas St. 6-4 254 lbs

Kuhn's replacement.

7th Round Comp

Who cares.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be quite happy with this. Don't know what to think about Wilson, he'd have to interview well for me. Kid has 1st round talent though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of quitting the team which is a very big deal, I don't think he had any other issues. Some minor maturity issues but nothing serious. Thanks for the feed back.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
Outside of quitting the team which is a very big deal, I don't think he had any other issues. Some minor maturity issues but nothing serious. Thanks for the feed back.

That is the issue. I'd need a good interview there. Major talent though! Also not the biggest fan of Bradshaw simply because of the foot issues. That's something that doesn't tend to go away and can cause injuries and stress in the knees and hips as well. He'd have to check out clean for me there. Do like the length Kruger adds, we're too short at the 5-tech currently.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about Wilson. Got fam in Tulare and they all say he acts a freaking fool. Not sure I want that person on the team. Uzzi is a weird one for me. I don't really like him for us. Besides that it's really nice.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still fail to see where Kevin Riddick fits in on this team.

Other than that, and barring the Jefferson pick, I actually like this mock.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Bradshaw is a good fit.

Solid prospects otherwise, except Kruger is a couple rounds too high IMO
RCobb18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kuhn wrote:
Don't think Bradshaw is a good fit.

Solid prospects otherwise, except Kruger is a couple rounds too high IMO

I think thats about where Kruger is going to end up come draft day. I think he is going to have a solid combine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: