Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Jermon Bushrod play OG?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I dont think he is getting top LT money.

What if he is signed for what he is going to get and then asked to move to OG?

We are wondering if Kromer brings him in for what the market dictates and then moves him to RT or OG.

I could see a move to RT.

I think he'd really put up a fight to move to OG, especially if he feels he was brought in to be LT and tricked. 2 seasons as a pro bowl LT and you've got some leverage.

How did he make the Pro Bowl this season?

His pass protection numbers were not very good. Is Kromer a fan of his at LT or did he play there because he was the best option?

Bushrod is a superb run blocker and while he started off the season VERY bad in pass protection he improved quite a bit. He only allowed 5.5 sacks on the year I believe and he's still getting better. I think he makes a fine LT, but he's certainly going to be overpaid in free agency.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be your guys honest assessment of him?

Are the PFF stats influenced by the Saints 600 pass attempts and the quality of the pass rushers.

Or is he not as good a LT as others around the league think?
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
What would be your guys honest assessment of him?

Are the PFF stats influenced by the Saints 600 pass attempts and the quality of the pass rushers.

Or is he not as good a LT as others around the league think?

I think most Saints fans have been in agreement that our OTs always look better because of the way our offense runs, not the other way around.

All you need to be is an above below-average (Laughing) OT to look good in this Saints system.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushrod to me represents a player who has significantly benefited playing with Brees.

He is the definition of average. Brees' ability to move up the pocket and quick release really made him look better. He's a good LT, but nothing special. I'm also on the belief that he has two seasons of good play left. I think he's declining personally.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the guy name that came in for Brown and Streif when they got hurt? And then he got hurt but before he did he was playing good ball. As far as Bushord I think he's above average. This offense doesn't help him at all because we pass so much. I figure most tackles would get beat in this offense.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes a ton of sense for him to end up in Chicago, we have the money, Kromer is here and we have a need at OT.

Would he be a good signing for the Bears?
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It makes a ton of sense for him to end up in Chicago, we have the money, Kromer is here and we have a need at OT.

If you don't hand him franchise LT money, yes.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

If you don't hand him franchise LT money, yes.

I am really hoping we get him for 7 million and not 10 million.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

My personal opinion is that Bushrod's game and what is best about his skill set makes him a adequate player in the Saints scheme. I do feel that Kromor had a lot to do with his development and would likely benefit from following him to Chi-Town.

THe Saints just don't place that much value into the position. THey invest in the interior of the o-line in order to keep the inside of the pocket clean. This is because it plays to the strength of Drew Brees game. Hes one of the best in the NFL at evading pressure by stepping up in the pocket and kick sliding left or right. In order to do this, the interior line has to keep pressure to a minimum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

My personal opinion is that Bushrod's game and what is best about his skill set makes him a adequate player in the Saints scheme. I do feel that Kromor had a lot to do with his development and would likely benefit from following him to Chi-Town.

THe Saints just don't place that much value into the position. THey invest in the interior of the o-line in order to keep the inside of the pocket clean. This is because it plays to the strength of Drew Brees game. Hes one of the best in the NFL at evading pressure by stepping up in the pocket and kick sliding left or right. In order to do this, the interior line has to keep pressure to a minimum.

Do you think Bushrod is a talented player?

I know why the Saints are letting him walk as they have a ton of money in the middle of the line. But is it that the Saints don't value the position or that Bushrod is not a good player?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I know why the Saints are letting him walk as they have a ton of money in the middle of the line. But is it that the Saints don't value the position or that Bushrod is not a good player?

I think Bushrod is a talented run blocker and average pass blocker. He's got a good base and overall strength for the position but his feet are not quick and he struggles with speed rushers. I feel hes best suited for the right side but played left simply because of the Saints depth at the position.

Bushrod is a good player but will be overpaid based of the nature and need of the position. In Chicago, B-Rod would be a good upgrade for ya'll but at what price?

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

The Saints don't value the position and Bushrod's not as good of a player as his 2 Pro Bowls indicate. He can start in the NFL, no doubt about it. But if he's paid like a pro bowl LT, it's going to be a bad signing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am reading the tea leaves I think based on OTs being taken off the market in Clady and possibly Albert that the Bears will pursue Bushrod.

If he is willing to be flexible about what position he plays that would be great heading into the draft.

He grades out very average so I hope we pay accordingly something like 5 years 27.5 million/15 guaranteed.

He would also allow us to move Webb to RT and move on from the Gabe Carimi debacle.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If I am reading the tea leaves I think based on OTs being taken off the market in Clady and possibly Albert that the Bears will pursue Bushrod.

If he is willing to be flexible about what position he plays that would be great heading into the draft.

He grades out very average so I hope we pay accordingly something like 5 years 27.5 million/15 guaranteed.

He would also allow us to move Webb to RT and move on from the Gabe Carimi debacle.

I would think that in the range of 5-6 per that Saints might very well try and resign him. It's only if another team goes north of the 6 mill per mark that they will fold up and let him walk.

I may be wrong here... The Saints haven't even talked to him yet and may very well just rather move on.

Personally... I don't feel he's worth anything over 4 per.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears need a versatile veteran that can stop the bleeding and allow the flexibility to start their best 5 player.

Bushrod could start for us at LT, LG or RT that is the beauty of him he gives us a ton of flexibility.

Option 1: Warmack/Fluker/Cooper is drafted to play LG/ Bushrod plays LT.

Option 2. Lane Johnson falls or we trade up a little/ Bushrod plays LG.

Option 3. We draft Lane Johnson and an OG steps up like Carimi/James Brown or a draft pick/ Bushrod plays RT.

It will be all about getting our best 5 players on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: