Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy harvin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Harvin is going to disappoint a lot of you. The guy is a pure slot receiver, I don't see him as a successful number one. Twice he has had over 100 targets and in 4 straight years has failed to catch 1000 yards.
Hartline has had more success in the same amount of time. In his first year as the number one receiver he passed 1,000 yards. He also isn't a cancer nor is he injury prone.

It's not his fault that the play-calling has him getting targets between 5-7 yards from scrimmage. He probably gets at least 2 bubble screens thrown his way each game as well. You can't blame the OC, either, as that is what you are forced to do when your QB has an absolute noodle arm.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Harvin is going to disappoint a lot of you. The guy is a pure slot receiver, I don't see him as a successful number one. Twice he has had over 100 targets and in 4 straight years has failed to catch 1000 yards.
Hartline has had more success in the same amount of time. In his first year as the number one receiver he passed 1,000 yards. He also isn't a cancer nor is he injury prone.

If Harvin had a perfect track record, he wouldn't be on the trade block, especially for anything less than a first rounder. You're never going to find a perfect player for cheap.

Either way, even if his maximum output is as a situational playmaker, I'll take it.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 2nd and 4th? I'd pull the trigger, even if he is expensive. You got to take risks somewhere.

For a first round pick, no way.

I think he'd be great in our offense. And we wouldn't have to spend $$$ on another WR. Just draft a couple big receivers and resign Hartline (he'll be cheap). Spend the rest of our money on a CB or G and depth then draft talent.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you, Wallace, Jennings, Bowe or Rookie please.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From PFF: "The bottom line is this — when you trade for Percy Harvin you are trading for THE most dangerous and versatile offensive weapon in the NFL. That a team with a conservative offensive play-calling outlook was able to make good use of Harvin’s diverse skill set should speak volumes for what one of the new “creative” offensive “gurus” in the NFL could do with him at their disposal."

Harvin’s overall grade for the season put him inside the Top 10 of PFF's receiver ranking, even though he missed half the season.

I'm not saying he is a saint, but if Philbin wants a roster full of saints he should sign up for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is football and some guys are tough to handle. The best coaches find ways to work with big personalities. Harvin's on the field play should/would fit very well in our offense. He could put up Randall Cobb numbers or bigger.

Is he available? I doubt it, but if all it would take is a 2nd and 4th, I'd jump on it. We have the picks, we have ample cap space, we have a huge need at the position and he is just 24. I'll take him every single day of the week over any of the free agent players at the same position. All of which come with their own baggage and none with the youth and upside as Harvin.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
From PFF: "The bottom line is this — when you trade for Percy Harvin you are trading for THE most dangerous and versatile offensive weapon in the NFL. That a team with a conservative offensive play-calling outlook was able to make good use of Harvin’s diverse skill set should speak volumes for what one of the new “creative” offensive “gurus” in the NFL could do with him at their disposal."

Harvin’s overall grade for the season put him inside the Top 10 of PFF's receiver ranking, even though he missed half the season.

I'm not saying he is a saint, but if Philbin wants a roster full of saints he should sign up for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is football and some guys are tough to handle. The best coaches find ways to work with big personalities. Harvin's on the field play should/would fit very well in our offense. He could put up Randall Cobb numbers or bigger.

Is he available? I doubt it, but if all it would take is a 2nd and 4th, I'd jump on it. We have the picks, we have ample cap space, we have a huge need at the position and he is just 24. I'll take him every single day of the week over any of the free agent players at the same position. All of which come with their own baggage and none with the youth and upside as Harvin.

I think you're right. For a 2nd and 4th we'd still have a 1st, 2nd, and two 3rds (not to mention we'd still have a decent amount of cap space).
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21709069/harvins-frustrations-with-vikings-center-around-offense-not-contract

Supposedly it's more about going to a team with a more pass - oriented offense then $$$
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd and 4th....Shoooooooot I'd go with a 2nd and Bess....they get a good slot guy and a second round pick and the Phins get a dynamic play maker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: