Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan’s defense: Who breaks out & who breaks down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Rob Ryan’s defense: Who breaks out & who breaks down? Reply with quote

I’m just about done with trying to predict who will stay and who will go on this team. There are so many holes to fill and areas to improve; it’s just spread to wide as to where the Saints could go through free agency and the draft.

However…

I do feel we have a pretty good idea of a handful of players that will not only still be on the roster in 2013 but will be looked at to contribute next season. Out of those players, make your prediction of one player you feel will excel under Ryan’s direction and one that will falter.

My choices are…

BREAKOUT
Defensive End, Akiem Hicks

While most will tend to lean towards Cameron Jordan, I will go with Hicks here. I do feel Jordan will post the better statistics in 2013 but it will be the dominate play upfront from Hicks that will free up the players around him to make plays. Hicks is oozing with potential in this scheme. His rare size, strength and athletic ability are very reminiscing of a young Richard Seymour and I expect Hicks to realize his immense potential under Rob Ryan’s tutelage.

BREAKDOWN
Outside Linebacker, Junior Galette

First let me say that I really like Junior Galette but after really studying him lately I feel he’s a poor fit as a 34 outside backer. While Galette possesses a good burst on his first step and is an above average pass rusher, he lacks the athletic ability to play in space on a consistent basis on the edge in a 34. Watching Galette when Greg Williams asked him to stand up or even drop into coverage, he looked stiff and out of place. As a 34 outside backer Galette would be a one trick pony and would likely be better off landing back in a 43 front in 2014.

WHODAT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we disagree again my good Worm Laughing

Breakout:

OLB, Junior Galette

I think you put him as WOLB and let him rush the passer like crazy, which is what he does. You say he's a "one trick pony" but at this position all he'll have to do is rush 95% of the time. He'll excel.

Breakdown:

LB, Jonathan Vilma

Quite obvious IMO.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Seems like we disagree again my good Worm Laughing

Breakout:

OLB, Junior Galette

I think you put him as WOLB and let him rush the passer like crazy, which is what he does. You say he's a "one trick pony" but at this position all he'll have to do is rush 95% of the time. He'll excel.

Breakdown:

LB, Jonathan Vilma

Quite obvious IMO.

In this case, I honestly hope you are right!

I want Galette to suceed but I'm just going by what I see on film. Either way if he does pan out I will be thrilled. I'm rooting for him, believe me!

Vilma I will agree that he would fail, he wouldent be horriable but he'd be a weak link but I still don't believe he's even on the roster opening day.

spanky3801

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout:
Junior Galette

Breakdown:
Jonathan Vilma
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakout players - Akiem Hicks, Cameron Jordan, Martez Wilson, Curtis Lofton

Breakdown players - Malcolm Jenkins, Brodrick Bunkley

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Harp... I'm worried about Bunkley!

Honestly, I don't think he's gonna do well. Then to make matters worse his cap number is like 5 million isn't it? I really don't like taking any of these NT's at 15 over players like Jordan, Ansah or Mingo but I do hope the football gods smile down on us and Brandon WIlliams falls to us in the 3rd. I'd feel much better about Bunkley heading into next season knowing we got a prospect like Williams waiting in the wings.

Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harp... I'm worried about Bunkley!

Honestly, I don't think he's gonna do well. Then to make matters worse his cap number is like 5 million isn't it? I really don't like taking any of these NT's at 15 over players like Jordan, Ansah or Mingo but I do hope the football gods smile down on us and Brandon WIlliams falls to us in the 3rd. I'd feel much better about Bunkley heading into next season knowing we got a prospect like Williams waiting in the wings.

I am as well, and if he struggles it makes Martez and Loftons lives much harder. I think Lofton is going to explode in the 3-4 though, he fits it perfectly.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: