Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OffSeason Hypothetical
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I would complain because its obvious none of the QBs in this class come close to RG3 or Luck or even Wilson to take Geno just for the sake of taking a QB would be dumb. Id rather give our #1 to Shanahan for Cousins other than that we have seen what our offense can be with the right scheme, restructure Palmer, mix in a little more Pryor this year especially in the redzone solidify the OL. Just because the offense regressed under Knapp doesnt mean we cant bounce back this season. Defense IMO needs more players.


That is just dumb and the issue with fans now. If a rookie QB isn't RGIII, Luck, Wilson he's not good now? Is that where we are at?

I'd gladly take Tannehill as my starter and I think Geno can bring a lot of what he did to Miami.

Also, fans and the media need to settle down on crowning these young QBs now days. Once the tape gets out there on them, defenses adjust, etc. they slow down (see Cam Newton).

I remember Flacco and Ryan being crowned as rookies and that cooled. In fact many STILL don't by Flacco.
Lmao! They both have consistantly taken there teams to the playoffs and one just won the SuperBowl. Rolling Eyes


And clearly the point went RIGHT over your head. It took some time for them to develop as passers and after hot rookie starts and being crowned the next great QBs, both struggled. They were on good teams, sure but there play wasn't that of the 'OMG these amazing rookies' it was thought to be.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3920
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I would complain because its obvious none of the QBs in this class come close to RG3 or Luck or even Wilson to take Geno just for the sake of taking a QB would be dumb. Id rather give our #1 to Shanahan for Cousins other than that we have seen what our offense can be with the right scheme, restructure Palmer, mix in a little more Pryor this year especially in the redzone solidify the OL. Just because the offense regressed under Knapp doesnt mean we cant bounce back this season. Defense IMO needs more players.


That is just dumb and the issue with fans now. If a rookie QB isn't RGIII, Luck, Wilson he's not good now? Is that where we are at?

I'd gladly take Tannehill as my starter and I think Geno can bring a lot of what he did to Miami.

Also, fans and the media need to settle down on crowning these young QBs now days. Once the tape gets out there on them, defenses adjust, etc. they slow down (see Cam Newton).

I remember Flacco and Ryan being crowned as rookies and that cooled. In fact many STILL don't by Flacco.
Lmao! They both have consistantly taken there teams to the playoffs and one just won the SuperBowl. Rolling Eyes


And clearly the point went RIGHT over your head. It took some time for them to develop as passers and after hot rookie starts and being crowned the next great QBs, both struggled. They were on good teams, sure but there play wasn't that of the 'OMG these amazing rookies' it was thought to be.
What Flacco hype? The guy was drafted mid 1st round, Ryan on the other hand had alot of hype and has delivered, he has been a superior passer his entire career his rookie year was on par with this years top rookies including a playoff berth, and when you have the weapons that Ryan has its no wonder his numbers have ascended into the heavens. Beside sophmore slump Ryan has been consitantly good. also( see Cam Newton's defense, weapons and running game).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I would complain because its obvious none of the QBs in this class come close to RG3 or Luck or even Wilson to take Geno just for the sake of taking a QB would be dumb. Id rather give our #1 to Shanahan for Cousins other than that we have seen what our offense can be with the right scheme, restructure Palmer, mix in a little more Pryor this year especially in the redzone solidify the OL. Just because the offense regressed under Knapp doesnt mean we cant bounce back this season. Defense IMO needs more players.


That is just dumb and the issue with fans now. If a rookie QB isn't RGIII, Luck, Wilson he's not good now? Is that where we are at?

I'd gladly take Tannehill as my starter and I think Geno can bring a lot of what he did to Miami.

Also, fans and the media need to settle down on crowning these young QBs now days. Once the tape gets out there on them, defenses adjust, etc. they slow down (see Cam Newton).

I remember Flacco and Ryan being crowned as rookies and that cooled. In fact many STILL don't by Flacco.
Lmao! They both have consistantly taken there teams to the playoffs and one just won the SuperBowl. Rolling Eyes


And clearly the point went RIGHT over your head. It took some time for them to develop as passers and after hot rookie starts and being crowned the next great QBs, both struggled. They were on good teams, sure but there play wasn't that of the 'OMG these amazing rookies' it was thought to be.
What Flacco hype? The guy was drafted mid 1st round, Ryan on the other hand had alot of hype and has delivered, he has been a superior passer his entire career his rookie year was on par with this years top rookies including a playoff berth, and when you have the weapons that Ryan has its no wonder his numbers have ascended into the heavens. Beside sophmore slump Ryan has been consitantly good. also( see Cam Newton's defense, weapons and running game).


All I'm saying is, the media overreacts to these young QBs and the fans go nuts with it. Ryan proved he was a good player over time. Flacco still raises questions.

I just want to see more of these young passers before trying to put them into an elite category as some tend to do.

Also, do you care to respond to my other post you wildly missed the mark on Geno Smith?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3920
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I would complain because its obvious none of the QBs in this class come close to RG3 or Luck or even Wilson to take Geno just for the sake of taking a QB would be dumb. Id rather give our #1 to Shanahan for Cousins other than that we have seen what our offense can be with the right scheme, restructure Palmer, mix in a little more Pryor this year especially in the redzone solidify the OL. Just because the offense regressed under Knapp doesnt mean we cant bounce back this season. Defense IMO needs more players.


That is just dumb and the issue with fans now. If a rookie QB isn't RGIII, Luck, Wilson he's not good now? Is that where we are at?

I'd gladly take Tannehill as my starter and I think Geno can bring a lot of what he did to Miami.

Also, fans and the media need to settle down on crowning these young QBs now days. Once the tape gets out there on them, defenses adjust, etc. they slow down (see Cam Newton).

I remember Flacco and Ryan being crowned as rookies and that cooled. In fact many STILL don't by Flacco.
My point is Geno's grade aint even close to what RG3 or Lucks was it is however similar to Tannehill's so if you want to draft Geno take him in the middle of the round not at #3.


Your point is ignorant. Luck was seen as the best prospect since Manning. RGIII is right behind him. Hardly any QB in any class compare to them.

Also, use your brain. With RGIII and Luck in that class, it pushed Tannehill down. You can't say say 'take Geno in the middle of the round not at #3' because the situations don't compare. THINK just a little.

Bottom line. If you think Geno Smith is a franchise QB, you take him. Most important player on the field. He might not be Luck, but he might be Matt Ryan and I would be fine with that. Or do you want the Raiders to suck another decade so they can take the next 'once in a generation' QB prospect.
Apparently this is where we differ you think Geno is a franchise QB I however do not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3920
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
I would complain because its obvious none of the QBs in this class come close to RG3 or Luck or even Wilson to take Geno just for the sake of taking a QB would be dumb. Id rather give our #1 to Shanahan for Cousins other than that we have seen what our offense can be with the right scheme, restructure Palmer, mix in a little more Pryor this year especially in the redzone solidify the OL. Just because the offense regressed under Knapp doesnt mean we cant bounce back this season. Defense IMO needs more players.


That is just dumb and the issue with fans now. If a rookie QB isn't RGIII, Luck, Wilson he's not good now? Is that where we are at?

I'd gladly take Tannehill as my starter and I think Geno can bring a lot of what he did to Miami.

Also, fans and the media need to settle down on crowning these young QBs now days. Once the tape gets out there on them, defenses adjust, etc. they slow down (see Cam Newton).

I remember Flacco and Ryan being crowned as rookies and that cooled. In fact many STILL don't by Flacco.
Lmao! They both have consistantly taken there teams to the playoffs and one just won the SuperBowl. Rolling Eyes


And clearly the point went RIGHT over your head. It took some time for them to develop as passers and after hot rookie starts and being crowned the next great QBs, both struggled. They were on good teams, sure but there play wasn't that of the 'OMG these amazing rookies' it was thought to be.
What Flacco hype? The guy was drafted mid 1st round, Ryan on the other hand had alot of hype and has delivered, he has been a superior passer his entire career his rookie year was on par with this years top rookies including a playoff berth, and when you have the weapons that Ryan has its no wonder his numbers have ascended into the heavens. Beside sophmore slump Ryan has been consitantly good. also( see Cam Newton's defense, weapons and running game).


All I'm saying is, the media overreacts to these young QBs and the fans go nuts with it. Ryan proved he was a good player over time. Flacco still raises questions.

I just want to see more of these young passers before trying to put them into an elite category as some tend to do.

Also, do you care to respond to my other post you wildly missed the mark on Geno Smith?
Here is my point Im not saying Geno has to be RG3 or Luck but at this point Geno or any other QB in this Draft dont even have a top 10 grade. So I feel that is would be stupid to take a QB just because he might be the best of a mediocre group. Just because you like him does not convince me he is a franchise QB. Ignorance is bliss!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32526
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!


_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3920
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!

Haha!
Quote:
big_palooka: I know Geno is not a franchise QB but, the matrix tells me he's juicy and delicious.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32526
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!

Haha!
Quote:
big_palooka: I know Geno is not a franchise QB but, the matrix tells me he's juicy and delicious.
Smile


lol but by this logic you agree with him since you said ignorance is bliss


(And I think Geno can be a Franchise QB)
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3920
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OffSeason Hypothetical Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!

Haha!
Quote:
big_palooka: I know Geno is not a franchise QB but, the matrix tells me he's juicy and delicious.
Smile


lol but by this logic you agree with him since you said ignorance is bliss
I just threw that out there since he called me ignorant in an earlier post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group