Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Kluwe a Sparklepony...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a video of Kluwe being interviewed by Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show recently. they of curse spend the entire time discussing same-sex marriage which we cannot do here, but as a stunt for charity Kluwe punts a ball (twice) through a target high up on a crane.

pretty impressive.

[EDITED BY MOD - If a poster wants to find it themselves, so be it, but let's not post it here]

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
joeybrowner47

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say that my brother in law is gay and even i am TIRED of kluwe. just punt the damn ball and shut up, your not that important. my god he reminds me of the old brando clip where they ask him what hes rebelling against and he says " whattya got?"
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeybrowner47 wrote:
i have to say that my brother in law is gay and even i am TIRED of kluwe. just punt the damn ball and shut up, your not that important. my god he reminds me of the old brando clip where they ask him what hes rebelling against and he says " whattya got?"

We arent allowed to get into the politics of this issue on this forum, so let's avoid that, however, saying that Kluwe has to keep quiet because he is "not important" is rather insulting. I have a lot of respect for Kluwe defending what he believes in and he should continue to do so. Just like any one of us "unimportant" people, no one should be silenced if one has a cause worth fighting for.

As long as Kluwe is effective, this shouldnt be an issue. There was a stretch where Kluwe struggled early in the year, so i can understand the concern, but he bounced back and had a good season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe me i have dealt with the issue of gay marriage in my life and i understand that it is a hotbutton issue. i guess at this point i think its not that big of a deal. all signs point to many states approving gay marriage including minnesota and it would be nice not to have to hear about it while im trying to watch my team and trying to be distracted from my life as a straight construction worker omg how boring
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeybrowner47 wrote:
believe me i have dealt with the issue of gay marriage in my life and i understand that it is a hotbutton issue. i guess at this point i think its not that big of a deal. all signs point to many states approving gay marriage including minnesota and it would be nice not to have to hear about it while im trying to watch my team and trying to be distracted from my life as a straight construction worker omg how boring

Lets not get into the politics of this issue, we are not here to discuss it.

Kluwe could be talking about anything, it really isnt relevant in this conversation as it relates to football.

And Kluwe doesnt promote his ideas while on the football field. You dont need to worry about the two crossing each other. What he does off the field is his business, and we shouldnt as fans combine the two. If Kluwe is a good player (which he has been), what he does off the field shouldnt carry over into his professional life (so long as it is legal).

Of course the topic of conversation is controversial and you will here strong opinions from each side, so its best that we continue to avoid that part of the discussion on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure where you live but i can tell you that if you live in the twin cities metro kluwe definetly rails about gay marriage. look, im not trying to get into a debate about this issue and i realize that this isnt the place for that. all i am saying is that i think it is a non issue and i am tired of hearing about it on 93x and the newspaper. it will be nice when all of this is a non issue and we can just get back to being long suffering no superbowl winning vikings fans lol!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Lets not get into the politics of this issue, we are not here to discuss it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kluwe, he brings character and cander into a department that at times can be lifeless. Sure some of his takes are obscure but I'd like to think he has a ton of respoect in the locker room. Our special teams was ranked by some as the best unit in the NFL and I think that goes beyond performance. Kluwe is part of a culture that helps our special teams thrive as a whole.

Just drop it in the 20 better next year Laughing
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two touchbacks, eighteen inside the twenty....what do you want?
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
didn't he have his highest net average season ever this year?

He also had the 2nd worst amount of punts inside in the 20 in his career. His worst output was his rookie year in 2005.

I was referencing that post, I didn't google Kluwe stats before my post. My apologies.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this belongs in this thread...

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/1/4043104/want-to-spend-a-day-with-chris-kluwe

Although I think $4000 is a bit too much to spend on something like this; further, I'd rather play Magic: the Gathering with him than play video games.

(FYI: for those of you dwelling in the NW Territories, $4000 = 200 coyote pelts...)
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a lot of money....and yes, MtG would be better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: