Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Quick Mock Draft - 2/11/2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Jrry32 Quick Mock Draft - 2/11/2013 Reply with quote

It's been too long since I've done one. Laughing But I'm pretty busy today so I don't have time yet to do the long explanation that I normally do. Can explain any of my picks in replies. Smile

Round 1 Pick #16 - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

Round 1 Pick #22 - Alec Ogletree WLB Georgia

Round 2 Pick #16 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee

Round 3 Pick #16 - DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina

Round 4 Pick #16 - Brian Winters LG Kent State

Round 5 Pick #16 - Michael Williams TE Alabama

Round 6 Pick #16 - Kemal Ishmael SS UCF

Round 7 Pick #16 - Latavius Murray HB UCF

Thoughts?

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouu, bit of a curve ball with Ogeltree but I like it

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Ogeltree, very athletic but I question how he will stand physically against the run in the NFL.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Looks almost identical to mine (early) that I'm putting together. First 2 picks are exactly the same on my new one, so, obviously I like it. Even had Swearinger at the 3rd Rounder. Good mock for sure.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock jrry, I love it, I would be very happy if this happened.

Code:
kmklink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always one for the late picks . Ipride myself and my mocks on the 4th to 6th rounds . And you my friend slapped it right into the gap for a standup triple . LOVE the 7th round pick of Murray!!!!!!!!
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft with the exception of the TE from Alabama. He's a good player, and the 5th would be a nice spot for him, but I would prefer someone who is more of a pure/true pass catcher.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I like the draft with the exception of the TE from Alabama. He's a good player, and the 5th would be a nice spot for him, but I would prefer someone who is more of a pure/true pass catcher.

My personal feeling from Schotty's choices of TEs is that they prefer a blocker as the #2 TE(Mulligan, Harkey, etc.).

Williams is an exceptional blocker and a solid pass catcher. Not overly athletic but strong hands and a big body. Can catch the ball in the red-zone.

I think he'd be a really good fit here. Excellent pass and run blocker which would allow us to move Kendricks around more.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

My personal feeling from Schotty's choices of TEs is that they prefer a blocker as the #2 TE(Mulligan, Harkey, etc.).

Williams is an exceptional blocker and a solid pass catcher. Not overly athletic but strong hands and a big body. Can catch the ball in the red-zone.

I think he'd be a really good fit here. Excellent pass and run blocker which would allow us to move Kendricks around more.

You're probably right. I guess I'm hoping they are still evolving the offense.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

While I'm all for evolving the offense. If we're talking the 5th round...I'd have a hard time passing on Williams for one of the receiving TEs available.

Would consider Ryan Otten but that's about it.

Williams is just such an amazing blocker that it would be hard to pass. He'd have a big impact on the game...and while he wouldn't light it up as a receiver, he's capable in that role.

He had that long TD in the Senior Bowl. He has strong hands and a big body...just isn't fast.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it a lot. Kemal Ishmael is a big time sleeper. UCF has a couple nice prospects.
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

While I'm all for evolving the offense. If we're talking the 5th round...I'd have a hard time passing on Williams for one of the receiving TEs available.

Would consider Ryan Otten but that's about it.

Williams is just such an amazing blocker that it would be hard to pass. He'd have a big impact on the game...and while he wouldn't light it up as a receiver, he's capable in that role.

He had that long TD in the Senior Bowl. He has strong hands and a big body...just isn't fast.

Think Illini Mike without the injury problems. You can do a lot worse at TE. Guy will be a monster in the run game and redzone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: