Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out goes Seymour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
We only "lack" a 2nd rounder. That can be taken care of with only one trade down.

And if Brandon Williams (DT, Missouri Southern State) is there in the 3rd round, I would take him in a heartbeat. The staff surely knows who he is and what he can do since he was on their squad in the Senior Bowl. Since I work on recruiting at the high school where I coach, I had the pleasure of looking at several D2 schools and following their players to see if there was a fit with our guys. I always came away impressed with what Williams could do.

There is no real way to know but I hope I picked a winner by following this kid.

That 2nd has nothing to do with Seymour.

Even if we trade down, that's one less draft pick to work with.

Logic. Use it.

What are you talking about? If we trade down the trace will bring multiple picks. So its actually MORE picks to work with. When have yo9u ever seen a team trade down and end up with LESS picks???

Have you been drinking? Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
ell thats the beauty of this new regime guy's wont be over paid like in the past, and if he wants to move on hello Glen Dorsey. Smile

I actually like the fact that Dorsey is being downgraded for a lack of production. Its just pretty stupid because the 34 DEs aren't supposed to generate huge numbers. They are supposed to protect the linebackers. If we can sign him and play him at his natural UT position he may open some eyes.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
ell thats the beauty of this new regime guy's wont be over paid like in the past, and if he wants to move on hello Glen Dorsey. Smile

I actually like the fact that Dorsey is being downgraded for a lack of production. Its just pretty stupid because the 34 DEs aren't supposed to generate huge numbers. They are supposed to protect the linebackers. If we can sign him and play him at his natural UT position he may open some eyes.

Bryant - Star - Dorsey would be a pretty solid DT rotation, with Christo rotating in
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I swear if we lose D Bryant we're really going to be right back at square one regardless if we get Star, It'll be the combination of the two along with Houston that will get our DL back on track. Hopefully RM gets the cap under control enough so that we can keep impact players such as D Bryant. He doesn't deserve Al Davis money but we should still be able to keep him interested at a reasonable price.

I doubt Bryant will get too big of an offer. There are a ton of DT's in this draft. And if he does get one let him walk, get the comp pick next season, probably a high one if he does get a huge contract. Its not like he is irreplaceable.
We cant get better if we let our proven players walk.

Is Bryant really proven though? He's solid and has played well, but he isn't exactly a game changer. While it would be prudent to keep him, it would be more prudent to keep him at the right price. That means not overpaying him if it becomes necessary to keep him

Solid's more than we can say at most positions at this time. He came on strong at the end of the season and most likely will have a much larger impact on the line with an improved group around him. DL's a group effort and other than him and Houston we really didn't have anyone else making much of an impact.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Maybe. But I'm also a firm believer that a talented player will thrive in any situation. Dorsey has been a virtual nobody since entering the league.

I could easily see him being moved to UT and pushed around and ineffective, because frankly I just don't buy that he's that good of a player.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
We only "lack" a 2nd rounder. That can be taken care of with only one trade down.

And if Brandon Williams (DT, Missouri Southern State) is there in the 3rd round, I would take him in a heartbeat. The staff surely knows who he is and what he can do since he was on their squad in the Senior Bowl. Since I work on recruiting at the high school where I coach, I had the pleasure of looking at several D2 schools and following their players to see if there was a fit with our guys. I always came away impressed with what Williams could do.

There is no real way to know but I hope I picked a winner by following this kid.

Logic. Use it.

What are you talking about? If we trade down the trace will bring multiple picks. So its actually MORE picks to work with. When have you ever seen a team trade down and end up with LESS picks???

Just noticed that lol, Unless we trade it for next year picks and/or a player we definitely shouldn't be walking away with less picks for this years draft.

Pretty sure that's the Jack Daniels talking lol.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys even arguing? I'm just saying don't overpay the guy because he isn't a stud. Somehow its gone like 8 posts of me saying that over and over again and yet it keeps going

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Logic. Use it.

What are you talking about? If we trade down the trace will bring multiple picks. So its actually MORE picks to work with. When have yo9u ever seen a team trade down and end up with LESS picks???

No. We're not getting back the 2nd we traded for Palmer even if we trade down. The value of our current first and former 2nd won't be matched by a trade down.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so assuming TK is also cut, what DT's do we actually have on the roster for 2013?

....its just Bilukidi and Johnny Jones (anyone know if he is any good?) as far as I can remember
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
so assuming TK is also cut, what DT's do we actually have on the roster for 2013?

....its just Bilukidi and Johnny Jones (anyone know if he is any good?) as far as I can remember

I assume we will be drafting one, and we'll probably bring in a few too
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

....given our cap constraints I'm worried we wont be able to afford much, anyone know anything about this lad Johnny Jones?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

....given our cap constraints I'm worried we wont be able to afford much, anyone know anything about this lad Johnny Jones?

We'll be making enough room to adress some needs. Don't expect any star signings but solid role players are well within our reach. Hopefully, we'll get more Wheelers than Brisiel/Tollefsons this time.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big of a role did Richard Seymour have in devoleping guys like Houston and Bryant? When it comes down to whether the trade was a success or not I feel like that has to be taken into account, If he had a substantial part I would say the trade was a success

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
How big of a role did Richard Seymour have in devoleping guys like Houston and Bryant? When it comes down to whether the trade was a success or not I feel like that has to be taken into account, If he had a substantial part I would say the trade was a success

Who knows? He didn't even attend OTAs last year. He probaly helped them a bit with his knowledge but you don't trade a first to get a position coach.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Who knows? He didn't even attend OTAs last year. He probaly helped them a bit with his knowledge but you don't trade a first to get a position coach.

Totally agree. Whatever part he had in it cannot be anything other than overblown. Great players become great not because of their mentors. Mentors may help, but the desire to be great is what makes it happen for a player, and the work that goes with that desire.

1st round picks are more than wasted on mentors. All in all, a bad trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: