Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack's New Mock W/ Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Packattack's New Mock W/ Offseason Reply with quote

Key Losses:
- Jennings leaves via FA as I doubt they can tag n trade him.
- Kuhn - A fan favorite but costs too much. DJ Williams and/or Taylor or a Draft pick can play more of a hybrid FB/TE role, making Kuhn expendable.

Retired Players:
- DD
- Saturday

Resigned:
- Shields
- EDS
- Jones
- Crabtree

Restructured:
- Woodson - Accepts a more cap friendly contract while chasing a final SB ring.

FA:
- Steven Jackson - I've been on this bandwagon for awhile now and I still think this move makes sense for both. SJ would give GB a legit RB that is hungry to win and has a couple good seasons left. TT signs him to a 2 yr deal.

Draft: We are awarded a 4th for Flynn

1. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA - Jones has the type of motor and frame that the Packers lack on their D-line. Jones has the ability to play end and generate a pass rush as well. Jones tore it up at the senior bowl and would be a nice addition to the line.

2. Robert Woods, WR, USC - TT needs to restock the weapons after DD and Jennings leave, and Woods very well could be here due to him coming off an injury. Woods runs great routes, is a hard worker, and would be a steal at this point IMO.

3. Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma - I think there is a decent chance Jefferson falls to our 3rd pick, and he would be the center fielder type safety that we need back there.

4. Brian Schwenke, C/OG, CAL - Quality centers are often found in the mid rounds, and TT likes drafting O-lineman in the 4th as evidenced by previous drafts. Schwenke can compete w/ EDS to start and if he loses he would provide nice depth.

4. Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M - Ted has shown some interest in Michael, and he has the talent to go much higher but due to innury he falls. Ted scoops him up to develop as a future starter.

5. Jamie Collins, OLB, S. Miss - Collins would give us depth and compete in TC w/ the likes of Walden, Zombo, etc... or whoever TT brings in. Collins has good speed and could be great on ST's and in coverage, as well as a situational rusher.

6. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA - MM loves his TE's, and w/ Finley's long term future in doubt and no clear cut starter behind him Ted decides to kick the tires on a decent prospect that can compete for a roster spot.

7. Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida - Many don't like the idea of drafting a kicker, but it's only a 7th rd pick and Crosby must be challenged for his job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to think of Jones in our defense. I love Woods, I don't think Collins will last that long but I like him. I love releasing Kuhn, not sure about signing and drafting a RB.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what Jones would add to our defense and I'm not really certain he is even a first round prospect. I wouldn't be happy with that.

I have no problem with a WR in the second round, in fact I expect it. I like others more than Woods, but that's just opinion. I think Woods is a fine prospect. This is a good pick.

With the re-structure of Woodson, I think the Jefferson pick isn't a good idea. We have far more pressing needs than S. Plus, we just took McMillian last year in the fourth. Why would we add another developmental player?

I have no beef with the rest of the picks. I especially like the round 4 picks. Those are fantastic.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to pick the Packers biggest needs right now I would have to say DE, Center, and RB, followed by WR, TE and ILB. With that said the positions you took seem to be spot on. I am not sure TT goes Safety in the middle rounds because he has that level of talent now. He would likely take a safety either very early or late or perhaps not at all. It may all depend on what they decide to do with Charles.

By the way, thank you for not tagging and trading Jennings. This is the only source I have seen where there is even a hint the Packers are considering franchising Jennings. The math and risk just don't add up. I also never see any hint in here the Packers will extend Rodgers and Mathews and that surprises me because both may be extended this offseason.
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on McMillian and TT wanting to see what he has there, but I guess in this scenario Woodson is restructured but he could only be around 1 more yr and I'm not sold on MD or McMillian becoming a solid starter, that's why I added jefferson, to provide more competition.

As much as I would love GB to get a 2nd for Jennings the tag n trade is never very realistic, that's why I left it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: