Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones Medically cleared
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9379
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the Browns want him or not, I'd say this is good news. This draft is sorely lacking in blue-chip players, and Jones may not be one either, but he at least gives the teams in the top 6 another viable option.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6982
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what this means.

Does he or does he not have the condition?
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6272
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him better in a 4-3 than a 3-4 but would still be happy with him at 6.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4145
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His age bugs me more than anything. The guy is a year older than the next top pass rushers are at least. Damontre Moore is only 20. Having said that, I still like him a lot. I really don't think I'd take a DB ahead of him in this class.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12313
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
His age bugs me more than anything. The guy is a year older than the next top pass rushers are at least. Damontre Moore is only 20. Having said that, I still like him a lot. I really don't think I'd take a DB ahead of him in this class.


I'm not saying we will take him what the point if this thread was with a clean bill of health someone such as jax or Oakland may letting someone like Moore fall to us
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullback40


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people think Damontre Moore is going to be an elite player? Like what skills does he posses that make people think he will be an elite guy? I just don't see it at all. He doesn't have the speed or athleticism to bend the edge. I see a solid starter, but not an elite talent...hell, not really even a 1st round talent. Maybe I'm wrong, but why is everyone all about this dude?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4681
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I think Jones is strictly a 43 Sam.

i don't want him in the 34, not one bit.

If we get one of Star, Moore, Milliner, or Vaccaro. I'll be happy.


3-4 OLB in College
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/12/10/bulldogs-looking-at-total-rebuilding-job-on-defense-in-2013/

If you think he's too small.....exact same size of player except 2 inches taller
www.nfl.com/player/jamesharrison/2504844/profile
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5840
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
bulldog wrote:
I think Jones is strictly a 43 Sam.

i don't want him in the 34, not one bit.

If we get one of Star, Moore, Milliner, or Vaccaro. I'll be happy.


3-4 OLB in College
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/12/10/bulldogs-looking-at-total-rebuilding-job-on-defense-in-2013/

If you think he's too small.....exact same size of player except 2 inches taller
www.nfl.com/player/jamesharrison/2504844/profile


I know he was a 34 backer in college. Its how he plays that tells me he won't have success there as a pro.

His go to move is a bull rush. And I see that get stonewalled at times. hustle is what gets the rest of his production.

He gets pushed around in the run game. By college linemen.

I think he's going to get outmuscled in the NFL, and since he's already 24, he's already physically matured.

He's a good tackler and his football IQ is great.

As long as he doesn't have to go toe to toe with NFL tackles every play, he will be fine. But in the 34, that's what will happen.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4145
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Why do people think Damontre Moore is going to be an elite player? Like what skills does he posses that make people think he will be an elite guy? I just don't see it at all. He doesn't have the speed or athleticism to bend the edge. I see a solid starter, but not an elite talent...hell, not really even a 1st round talent. Maybe I'm wrong, but why is everyone all about this dude?


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/damontre-moore?id=2540138
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4509
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Whether the Browns want him or not, I'd say this is good news. This draft is sorely lacking in blue-chip players, and Jones may not be one either, but he at least gives the teams in the top 6 another viable option.


Well if that is the case, we should hope that Star drops to us, if not it seems that trading down is more of an option right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 425
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Jarvis Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is unequivicably the BEST Line backer in this draft

Mark these words... HE WILL BE A HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE BEAST!

May very well be the best backer since V.Miller, and dare I say it ...(((hush)))... better that von #yes
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
I love Jarvis Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is unequivicably the BEST Line backer in this draft

Mark these words... HE WILL BE A HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE BEAST!

May very well be the best backer since V.Miller, and dare I say it ...(((hush)))... better that von #yes


Whoa there slow down buddy. Just the simple fact that Miller has been tearing up the NFL for two years and doesn't have the question marks health wise and is the same age as Jones, makes me think that Miller is a bit better.

I've seen Miller use multiple pass rush moves to get by left tackels and I've only seen one out of Jones.

In other words, I think that was a really bold statement.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 425
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
I love Jarvis Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is unequivicably the BEST Line backer in this draft

Mark these words... HE WILL BE A HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE BEAST!

May very well be the best backer since V.Miller, and dare I say it ...(((hush)))... better that von #yes


Whoa there slow down buddy. Just the simple fact that Miller has been tearing up the NFL for two years and doesn't have the question marks health wise and is the same age as Jones, makes me think that Miller is a bit better.
I've seen Miller use multiple pass rush moves to get by left tackels and I've only seen one out of Jones.

In other words, I think that was a really bold statement.


1.) Jones has been given a clean bill of health by NFL docs

2.) Just remember who said it first

3.) Peace
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brownsalltheway


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 1241
Location: Stow, OHIO
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jones, but I wonder if Norv Turner would voice any doubts? After all he got to witness first hand how the same injury can quickly derail a yong and promising career (Marcus McNeil).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42508
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones in the most complete 3-4 OLB in this draft. Any 240 OLB is going to get swallowed-up by a 325 pound, future first-day draft pick offensive lineman when they go 1-1. If ANY 240 pound OLB is asked or gets matched-up to someone like that in the NFL, they aren't going to win many battles. The thing to look at isn't whether or not he's getting pushed backwards by a guy who outweighs him by 70 pounds. The key to a guy like this is how he uses his hands and how he gains leverage. Jones does this very well.

If you want a little more power you go for Damontre Moore, as he's more of a straight-line rusher and a little better against the run than Jones. If you want more of a disruptive play-maker who has a little more athletic ability and elite quickness, and can work better in space you go for Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group